Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OrangeKnight

1,200 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:48 pm
I have played them all. VI is my favorite, followed by IV and X. I don't like VII. I don't hate it, but I don't understand the intensity of it's fans.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:43 pm
For me, it's all about story lines.l I know all about the ff7 story line and it was fun and interesting to watch my cousin play it. But I didn't get addicted when he let me try. However, when I started playing ff9, now that one really got me from the get go. I loved the prologue and they way that Vivi (my favorite character) starts out the beginning of the actual game.
After awhile, I found ff7 at the same pawn shop I found 9. I began to play it, but I didn't get addicted to it. I have also played 10. I am interested in finding out what happens in the storyline, but that's about it. I wasn't too impressed with the game play, and the fact that everyone but the main character talked irritated me. Nor did they ever say his name. It made the vocals sound a bit weird. You can still address a person without using their name.
I read all about the story line for Tactics. I think it's really cute. If I had the system for it, I'd give it a shot. I've been meaning to check out the other story lines. It's pretty much the closest I will ever get to games in general, I can never afford to buy them, and good luck finding them used. 7 and 9 were a miracle buy.  

MystrousOfTheDark

The-cat-of-lost-words

Dapper Cat

6,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:26 pm
Um, I know this may sound stupid but...I've never actually played final fantasy....any of them...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:28 am
FFVI such classic characters... Locke, Terra, Celes, Setzer, Cyan, Kefka, Sabin, Mog, and even the Yeti guy! I found the storyline much better than FFVII, though I also found the storylines of I, IV, V, VIII, IX, and XII better than FFVII, least to say the main reason I even like FFVII is Yuffie and the chocobo breeding system, and of course the part of the story that involves Hojo directly, therefore including vincents part of the story... Yeah... I basically found the side stories, AKA not cloud's and Tifa's part more interesting than the rest.  

Falkon Vind

Zerodus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:27 pm
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates strangely enough, then again I like running around slicing stuff up with a sword so I guess it's not that weird.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:55 am
FFXI FTW!~........ any one play look me up!~ my name is
Mizzjolly

I heart that game.... in fact I think I am gonna go play now!~, I am still new but I am gonna do my 50 cap tonight!~ *s* and if you play that one, I have an awsome link shell, we help out pretty much everyone that needs help!~

also I love the game because there is no end!!!~  

we_eat_bugs2

Demon Deej

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:04 pm
Final Fantasy is probably my most favorite RPG in the face of the planet.
Only way to make it better is to give one of the FF stories the Grandia Battle System.
Anyways. My favorite is FFIX. One of the best stories in FF so far. Great leveling/ability system. Best character development. Best plot.
But thats just my opinion.
I also liked FFX a lot, mainly because it had one of the best villians you could hope to see in FF. Yes, I actually like Seymore Guado as a villian.

Others I liked:
FFIII
FFVI
FFXII
FFCC: RoF
FF

I played FFXI for a bit. Unfortunately, I think it was a waste of my monthly income. It's not as involving as other FF installments and it is really slow to get into. I'm sure it picks up later, but I just gave up at lv12.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:34 pm
ive played some my fav is a tie between 12 and 4,5 anthology one i like the old ones because it goes back t the roots also another ne like in 10 im playing ff3 for the ds dumb gousto hits 100 like each hit!!!!!!  

xXtoxic_poisenXx

fears

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:45 pm
Anybody play Mystic Quest? I know it's really old and kinda cheesey... and it doesn't even have chocobo's or air ships so you can hardly call it a final fantasy, but I really liked that one. At least it has Cid. It's probably the most obscure and least known one out there. After that I'd have to say that X-2 is my favorite, I like all the side things that you get to do and definately digging. I've well over 100 successful digs and no failed digs. Problem is that makes Jose temple very difficult. Still haven't beaten the thing they make. Also I like VII for the chocobos and chocobo racing. I'm a lame a** Chocobo fan. Storyline wise... I can't decide.

I've played through X-2 including Tactics, Tactics Advance, and Mystic Quest.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:18 pm
I must also admit that 12 was the best battle system ever. However, if it was the story that you wanted with classic characters, I love 6 the best. 9 had the best run time to me, but the whole lovey-dovey I want to marry you instead through me off.  

Izumi Iris

EBMoonside

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:04 pm
FFVIII! Would have to be my favorite! I just loved Squall.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:34 pm
Oº°‘¨If only we could see and live the dream¨‘°ºO

I've played VII, VIII, X, X2, and XII
VII was easily my favourite game, not just FF. Everything about it was amazing.
VIII I never finished {I played it at a friends house a few times} so I'm not remarking on it.
X was my second favourite game, again not just FF. I hated blitzball, though. I could never get the hang of it or win.
X2 was awful. It didn't help that mine glitched and wouldn't let me past a certain point no matter how many times I started the game over. But I was already frustrated with it.
XII I haven't finished yet, but it's alright. I'm not a fan at all of the new system and the plot is lacking, but the graphics are good and the world, characters, and creatures are imaginative as always..

Oº°‘¨If only we could still believe the dream¨‘°ºO

nijiiro desu

Melothesis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:51 pm
7 and Tactics.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:41 pm
I like Mystic Quest and VII  

ReiketsukanYazu

Idara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 am
Definately FF7 and FF8.  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies