Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Quest and Donation Threads
Do girls have it easier or do guys? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:51 pm
Thank you.
(It's mostly just paraphrased from what everyone has said.)
b  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:47 am
*i havent been here in a while...;3; so sorry. im sure no one noticed anyways*

*ahem*

i pretty much agree with all that was said, aside from some rather dumb things...

men and women have alot of things that, in society, 'makes us look bad' or makes it appear one or the other has it 'easier'

women cant do as many sexualy promisquious (sorry bout the spelling) things cause we get called 'whores' or the like, while men are 'told by society' to have as much sex as possible.

men have many unspoken 'rules' to abide by, and sometimes these things force women to do certain things or act a certain way, just so that women are abiding by their unspoken 'rules'.

As far as strength is conserned, both men and women are strong in different ways. i'll say, women are 'more likely' to be strong emotionally while men usually aren't and women arent as strong physically as men, just cause were not physicaly built to carry and lift as much as them---but this is can be broken as well---as i know some guys who are weaker than me~! XD

all of this, it really is a bunch of BS, but thats how the world works unfortuately.  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:15 am
Amen to that.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:19 am
Mobius Nightshade
Amen to that.

lol glad you agree ^^  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:23 am
Now, if our media wasn't a bunch of greedy bastards after money, we'd all be able to function that much better from it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:32 am
Mobius Nightshade
Now, if our media wasn't a bunch of greedy bastards after money, we'd all be able to function that much better from it.

hahaha!

yeaaa....too bad thats not ever gonna happen~ stare i wish, but sometimes the stars are just too far to reach...  

scintillio

Mileena Chardonnay

Dangerous Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:01 am
There are other worlds than these. In one's passing, true freedom can be found from the troubles of life.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:34 pm
Mobius Nightshade

I disagree. Media would go nowhere without audience.
They will not make any more or less money promoting ideas if they do not follow trends of viewers and receivers.

"Society says" This isn't true, though, either, because many people do not agree. It is "assumptions dictate." I've never known a girl who wished that men would have as much sex as possible.
These preconceived-misconceptions of what people want and need are all faults in our communication.
It is not bad, necessarily, to assume. It is bad not to think.
b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:16 pm
Bellabie
Mobius Nightshade

I disagree. Media would go nowhere without audience.
They will not make any more or less money promoting ideas if they do not follow trends of viewers and receivers.

"Society says" This isn't true, though, either, because many people do not agree. It is "assumptions dictate." I've never known a girl who wished that men would have as much sex as possible.
These preconceived-misconceptions of what people want and need are all faults in our communication.
It is not bad, necessarily, to assume. It is bad not to think.
b

yeaaa. but most of the time, through the media, men are 'told' *well, mostly in no words,*
to have as much sex as possible or to AT LEAST not be a virgin....cause its not 'manly'.

yes, media need audience, but its people that fuel the media. its a loop, really. what we 'think' we want projected through the media back to the populous...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:35 pm
It's all just an ever-exaggerating loop, certainly.
"The Merchants of Cool"
However dated, this is something that I watched some time ago that I believe tells this quite well.
Although the media is the role-model of many, it is not those who wish to be rich, as Mobius told, that construct it so. It does not make any more money for men in television to want to be virgin than not, it is what the populous wishes their "manly" men to be like.
b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:43 pm
Bellabie
It's all just an ever-exaggerating loop, certainly.
"The Merchants of Cool"
However dated, this is something that I watched some time ago that I believe tells this quite well.
Although the media is the role-model of many, it is not those who wish to be rich, as Mobius told, that construct it so. It does not make any more money for men in television to want to be virgin than not, it is what the populous wishes their "manly" men to be like.
b

agreed~

o3o! oh a link *watches* biggrin

(off topic for sure, but:
bellabie, i think you you'd look so nice if you bought a Witch's Cape, one of the MC's released today...can i donate to you if you choose to quest for one?)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:19 pm
You, m'dear, are far too kind.
I surely could not accept, though, for I have nothing with which to repay.
Apologies.

b  

Bellabie

scintillio

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:50 pm
Bellabie
You, m'dear, are far too kind.
I surely could not accept, though, for I have nothing with which to repay.
Apologies.

b

you silly bean! i wanna! :3 im not giving you a Snow Witch cape (as i found out its real name XD)

but i think you'd look so good with one! >,<

im gonna donate to you anyways! biggrin and please, do keep it!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:37 pm
As everyone probably knows, this just depends on where you stand and how you view it.

As a woman, you can look at different kinds of women and compare to men and of course, vice versa. However, are we looking at a generalized woman? A typical woman that has a career but has a family? Or are we looking at a single woman? Are we looking at a very family orientated man? Or are we looking at a very well-groomed bachelor?

For example, a generalized, stereotypical woman in this day and age would be a woman with a good career, possibly with a family and perhaps children. A generalized, stereotypical man would be the breadwinner of the family and comes home at night to his family with wife and children. In such a scenario, one would assume the woman has the harder time. This would be because the woman must manage her own career as well give enough time to her children to make sure they are happy. They may possibly be the one who cleans and feeds the family.

HOWEVER, the above aforementioned is getting less and less in this world. With men taking a more active role in family life and women who can relieve themselves of certain duties so that both share about the equal amount. In such a scenario, one would say that it is just as difficult for both of them. They both must dress well to go to work. If something happens to the child, one or both of them must go to the school and find out what's going on etc.

When it comes to media, I'm not sure that it is only media that affects people but also traditions. By tradition, women must stay virgins and men must sow their seeds before settling down and proposing. When was the last time a woman proposed? When we come down to sex, yes, women cannot be as sexually promiscuous. However, life does not revolve around sex so therefore where women have been limited in sex, men will be limited in other areas of life. When was the last time the woman carried the man across the threshold?

As stated before, men and women are strong in different ways. Yin and Yang. Where women are strong with some things, men will be weak. Where men are strong in other things, women will be weak. That is just life. Now, with everything there are exceptions but unfortunately we don't have the time nor the space to go through every exception in detail.  

Black Hale

peridot1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:03 pm
Here's the thing, girls and guys are equal. Guys may be frowned upon for crying in public, unless at a funeral, but girls have to worry about how thin they are, and who thinks what about them. Some guys think that girls are helpless, when in fact, we can do things for our selves, some things are seen as courtesy, but some things just go too far, guys have to worry about being the the "bacon home-bringer". Men and women are created equal. If you think hard enough, you realize that for every thing that is hard for one gender, the other gender has one too.  
Quest and Donation Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff