Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply The Twilight Movie
Robert Pattinson officially cast as Edward Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think he'll do a good job
  Yes!! Cedric love <3
  Yeah..I guess..whatever
  He can act the part, but doesn't look it
  He looks the part but can't act it
  NO!UGH, this sucks!!
View Results

Unknown_Fangirl

Sparkly Sleuth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:32 pm
OpalGirl

I'm. Not. Pleased.
All the actors I had heard before would have been better than him.
He's good looking, sure, but he's not Edward quality.
He does score major points for having read all 3 books, but I'm still not pleased.
It's just that...in my mind, he will always be Cedric.

*nods head in agreement*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:37 am
NOoooooooooooo!
Gaspard Ulliel would be so much better.
I'm so disappointed now... emo  

Divine Psychosis

yohkomano

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:34 am
yeah.... gaspard crying ... and i'm still not getting the point that makes a 23 year old person (who mostly plays teenagers- f.e hannibal) to old to be edward crying ... i don't really think, that he look younger than gaspard...
stare  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:07 am
The Flesh Failure
hmmm...

I have to say, that when my friends told me about his casting at school, I was disappointed.

But.

Now looking at all the pictures and reading everything, I think he actually has a fair shot at pulling Edward off. Though, I'm probably a little more open to castings, because I've never picked an actor I thought looked the most like Edward. I pretty much agree with ~Twilight x Angel~, with a little bit of buffing up, and a makeover, he could look pretty good. And I'm frankly happy that he doesn't have a weak jaw. He has a nice strong jaw that's not too imposing, or scary.

He's a good actor, too. And Stephenie seems quite pleased with his casting, and I think that that's what matters the most.

Kudos to him for reading the series.

Let's give him a chance before we condemn him, okay?

THANK YOU! I AGREE! I think that Pattinson might be able to pull it off, because in my mind, i thought of Edward as Either Henry Cavill or him!
Give him a chance. he actually looks like a vampire, under realllllllly good light, and wait for Hollywood!!!

xXx_Isabella Cullen_xXx

PS- did u know that Henry Cavill and Robert Pattinson both competed for the part of Cedric diggory????  

xXx_The Rogue Angel_xXx

skateboarder pirate

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:36 pm
at first when i saw him i thought he wasnt perfect but then when i thought about this othr movie this guy was very cute but when i saw a real pic of him he was ugly.. so i think that he will look very good n the movie and i also read he had played adventure and romantic charcters before so he can act edward....also to many people edward looks different to everyone so really u can't say he will be ugly cause they can change how he looks n the movie so i guess we have to wait ntill teh movie to c wat he will look like...evrone is different looking n the movies..  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:37 pm
XxfushigipinayxX
Edward was born in Chicago.
Carlisle was born in England.

All I can say at this point is that I hope to heaven they give him a super-clean-cut shave. Personally, I like guys with that fresh look, no beard or stubble or anything. But Edward especially...

...they better release some behind-the-scenes footage soon. I need to see how everyone interacts and how Rob could've captured the casting director(s)' hearts that badly. I wonder if Colton ever ended up auditioning too confused
User ImageI glimpsed a bat with butterfly wings...

well I told you memory didn't serve.

oh, what marvelous things.

-DiseaseFish-

The Flesh Failure

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:35 pm
xXx_Isabella Cullen_xXx

THANK YOU! I AGREE! I think that Pattinson might be able to pull it off, because in my mind, i thought of Edward as Either Henry Cavill or him!
Give him a chance. he actually looks like a vampire, under realllllllly good light, and wait for Hollywood!!!

xXx_Isabella Cullen_xXx

PS- did u know that Henry Cavill and Robert Pattinson both competed for the part of Cedric diggory????

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think he looks very vampiric. In a gentlemanly 19th century type of way. He can look very brooding. And the manip photo that was posted by XxfushigipinayxX shows that they look good together. Which is another plus.

No, I didn't know that, but I find it highly amusing. I can't really imagine Henry Cavill as Cedric.

I don't really understand the big deal about Gaspard Ulliel though. Maybe it's because I don't know who he is/never seen him act that I can remember, and that he doesn't look like my mental picture of Edward, but whatever.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:38 pm
@Dorkfishy: I'm aware of that, yes. Didn't mean to sound a**l retentive, just trying to clear up who was born where.

@Isabella: Fun trivia! I agree, though...can't imagine Henry as Cedric. He's not...I don't know, "schoolboyish" enough?

Pfft...I just imagined something. Henry might have passed for a decent Tom Riddle in The Chamber of Secrets >.>;;

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I agree! Henry Cavill would have made a much better Riddle over Christian Coulson...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:51 pm
What about the Edward that had Orange Hair!~!!!~!!!~!!!~!  

Xx-Twilite_Vamp-xX

IceKittyeKat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:07 pm
The only thing with him is well his nose is nothing like I pictured it but, with the resources they have (LACK OF MONEY PEOPLE) so its not like they could CREATE an Edward. Hopefully he can Act the part so yeah. i'm not pissed but i'm not totally pleased by this either.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:39 pm
It's quite easy to dye someone's hair...

Does anybody here have a quote form the book that describes Edward's appearance? I checked on the Lexicon and Wikipedia but all they talk about is his hair and eyes....

KiraLight
Crew

xxcelestialstarxx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:20 pm
I think he'll go a good job.
I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, so the first time I watch the movie I'll most likely be picturing Cedric at first. But to me, he could pull Edward off. Remember that anyone would have a hard time looking exactly like someone described as so perfect and beautiful. Plus we all have a different picture of Edward in our heads.
But Robert can act which is always a good thing and so can the Bella that was picked. As long as they have chemistry, the movie should be great!
I'm already anxious to see a trailor or something!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Whatever they have on the Lexicon is all that's been given.
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking his hair is orange...It's bronze. Which is pretty darn close to Robert's hair color in a lot of his pictures.

Anyway...I love livejournal. Why do I love livejournal? Because it holds the lovely WE SUPPORT PATTZ AS EDWARD community! Home to many brilliant graphics artists, and well...just look for yourself:

indorable
User Image User Image

desiderio
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

damn_squiggly
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

That last one makes me smile :]

If you take any, don't forget to credit the appropriate maker!

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

xxcelestialstarxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:00 am
"do i dazzle you harry?" haha, that one made me laugh sweatdrop  
The Twilight Movie

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers