Reply MAIN ((OOC))
Frost the Burn Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bortelex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:16 am
So it does, otherwise he would have answered me plainly.

"Perhaps I approached the question too quickly," the High mage said, "The enchantment on the sword looks complex and if it has survived all this time it must be powerful. Now with that in mind asking if it could talk is a simple test of what it could be."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:55 am
Andrisa blinked, then chuckled. "A fair enough question, I suppose," she replied with a hint of a smile. "I came to this quest for the sake of having an adventure. I like adventure, and my hometown was too...tame, I suppose you could say, for my liking. I heard about this and thought the least I could do was take a peek."
That was true. She wanted to have an adventure.
Well, she also wanted to prove herself to her family, but that wasn't something she particularly felt the need to share.
"It's good for me, and if we can pull it off, it's for the good of the world, so I figured why not?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:45 pm
Inspired by Andrisa's motives, Trina smiled warmly as she stared up at the tower once again. "Sounds like your on the right path to finding an adventure," she replied in a soft dazed tone. In truth she was thinking back to her own intention. It was more accurate to say that Trina felt obligated to take this mission. Her primary goal in life had always been to make a positive imprint on others, to help whenever possible, and in essence live a purposeful life.

Finding that her own smile had began to wane, she renewed it with a light chuckle before asking, "Should we start looking for traveling companions?" She silently hoped that Andrisa would take that as an indirect request to join forces.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:13 am
Andrisa's smile brightened visibly. "I like to think so," she replied easily. "Otherwise I'll feel terribly silly."
That was true. The idea of not finding an adventure after coming so far and pinning so many of her hopes on it...
Well, it was just ridiculous, but it would be a severe disappointment if she didn't get the adventure she was craving.
She heard, and was warmed by, Trina's use of 'we'. "That would be best, I suppose," she replied. "How many others are we looking for?"  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:26 am
A small tinge of accomplishment greeted Trina as Andrisa's indirect agreement to travel together met her ears. Now with some sort of beginning they needed to acquire others. "Maybe three or four more will do, but I'm not positive. We need variation in skills.." she pondered aloud.

This was more to think about than she had previously expected. Who would have thought they would all have to decided upon their own groups. How should they go about finding just the right additions? Mingling with the other warriors and conversing was the best option really. That way they could learn more about the others. Trina took the initiative and began looking around though the large mass of people.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:39 am
Andrisa smoothly matched her new partner's stride. "Well, to know what we're looking for we need to know our own strengths and weaknesses," she mused, more for her own benefit than for Trina's. "I use daggers, so I'm better at close combat, but I can throw them too. I make poisons and medicines, but I'm not that great with medicines." She tapped her staff against the ground. "What do you do?"
Depending on Trina's skills, they'd be looking for either a swordsman or an archer, or possibly both. Judging from the bow the other woman carried, Andrisa was betting on looking for a swordsman.  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:36 pm
Nodding her head along with her new companion's remark, Trina found what she said to be very true. When told what Andrisa was capable of, she made a mental note and stored the information for later use. Taking a breath she told the one walking next to her what indeed she could do, "Well I know quite a bit about medicine. I'm somewhat of a medic. Long range is me specialty, but I don't carry this around for looks either." Trina pointed at the halberd that clinked against her armor with each step.

This was all interesting. It seemed that they already had made a good choice to join forces. Their abilities complimented each other somehow. "Well it seems that we lack any real brute force," Trina said this with a mirthful smile. Her attitude turned serious, "We also need to find someone who has some knowledge about the magics. Someone who has an idea of how to find the towers.." Her spoken thoughts trailed off as she kept surveying the the masses with a discerning eye.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:44 pm
Andrisa smiled humorlessly. "Well, it seems we've made a good choice in partners already. What we seem to be looking for is..." Her gaze lifted to the towers. "I figure if the towers are that big, it shouldn't be too hard to find them, but someone with magical know-how would be handy. And a swordsman, maybe, as we've got short range and long but not much in the middle." She turned her staff, planning aloud. "And we need a planner. Someone who's good at tactics, mostly. What we'll be running into will be a string of surprises, so not much need for strategy..."
A hint of mirth returned to her smile. "Well, if all goes well, we shouldn't need brute force anyway."  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:14 pm
“what it could be?” Tramer said slightly irritated, he didn’t know why thou for some resign he was starting to get defensive, “I don’t like wasting time on trivial question, lets just get down to the point” Tramer continued in a calmer voice.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:09 pm
"Forgive me for my bluntness but that is the point," putting emphasis on the word is, "If your sword is what I think it is," The High mage stopped mid thought thinking to try this conversation in a different direction. "Have you ever heard of a mage sword? No, probably not," Answering his own question and giving Tramer no time to respond. "A mage sword is usually hidden to be found by someone suitable for the magic it is meant to guide them toward." The High mage directed Tramer's attention to a sword hanging on the wall. The sword on the wall though much smaller seemed to have many similarities in its finer details. "That sword is the mage sword of the balance magic it has not been hidden for over one hundred years because of how widespread this magic has become. Your sword bears similarities to that sword both by appearances and the magical pattern. But at the same time it is radically different as if someone went much further in the creation of your sword."  

Bortelex

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:12 am
((OOC: Trinaaaaa, where are you? sad ))  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:10 pm
"Do you think that they're all this obvious? I mean if they are indeed housing a magic, then.." her spoken thoughts drifted while she left the last part in her mind, 'surely they can't be that blatant, at least not all of them.' Still searching through the crowds Trina was at a loss. Needing a bit of mental backup she opted to ask instead, "See anyone that fits our qualifications?" She knew that they would actually have to speak to the warriors in order to decide, and there was also finding warriors who were willing to join them. This task was appearing to be quite a challenge.

((Sorry I was waiting for other players' characters to be a place where we could recruit them or at the very least mingle..))

maurikal
Crew

7,050 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:59 am
((OOC: I'm sure they'll get to us. stare Right, guys?
And in the meantime, we can chat with and reject various extras! XD))

Andrisa shrugged. "Surely not," she said decisively. "But they won't be too subtle, either. I figure the reason they've been hidden so long is the fact that they're in mostly unaccessible places."
Looking from face to face, she saw everything from seasoned warriors to fresh young ones who had clearly never seen a battle in their lives. But she didn't see what she wanted.
She wondered, absently, what had happened to the boy with the overlarge sword.
"Not at first glance, but you know what they say about books and covers," she replied easily.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:26 pm
((OOC: Just to let you all know - my damn hard drive has crashed, and until school starts, I'll be using the laptop. Sparingly, as the battery dies so fast and the new charger is kicking my a**. So...yeah. u.u It's like everything is going wrong at once. Sorry, guys.))  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

Tramer
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:06 pm
“…” Tramer just let out a long sigh as the mage started up again…”ok…you asked me here because you thought my sword is something important…that is all you had to tell me!” he said slightly irritated, “now…the one thing you have failed to tell me even through all that worthless babble was what in the world you want me to do!! Were do I need to go with this sword…what ever it is…and who do I take with me…” he finished.

“I’ll tell you who to take, no mater what he tells you…I hate mages like him, always blabbing about such worthless matters, always wasting time…thou I will admit, there are worse” the voice of Kirara stated irritably.  
MAIN ((OOC))

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff