It was inaccurate or stupid (comment)
View Results

-Isel-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:53 pm
MortSanglant
-Isel-
MortSanglant
Meh.

I didn't really find the site too humourous.
The artwork was lame - looks like those faggoty a** Zwinkies people seem to be so fond of making.

Plus, baby goffs deserve anything but respect.

Yes, I'm a d**k.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Faggoty a**" has got to be the most eloquent, well-formed insult I've ever heard.

I think it's pretty host.

I have no idea what you mean.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:57 am
Rellik San
spooky_sez
Rellik San
spooky_sez
Rellik San

But on the other hand, the two groups do have enough similarities (particularly in a tendency to wear black and a love of things dark and spooky)

Last time I checked, us metalheads weren't about the spooky, more about the BRUTAL, EPIC, and POWAH!

But I see what you mean, it tries to resolve the issue, but instead just leaves it ambiguous, one of the main differences included should be;
"The key difference is in attitude, metal heads tend to react in a more aggressive manner, rather then the considered passive manner in which goths (except rivet heads and baby bats) will react.

I.e. If someone was to insult a metal head the typical response would be:
"Come here, so I can rip your arm off and beat you to death with the soggy end."

Where as the goth my respond, often with a clever witticism or such."

Well that aside my oldest sister could be described a corp goth, however I'm slightly disturbed by the fact the male corp goth image looks like me at work.

Also is it slightly wrong I can put each member of my family into the appropriate category on that site?

My best friend is a metalhead. He always wears black (apart from his jeans) but there is no way in hell you'd ever mistake him for a goth. Ever. Observe, Willy-

User Image

Black doesn't always mean spooky though, I'm sat here in black jeans and a a black shirt. ^^ Also is he rolling a joint? Or just a regular roll up? biggrin

Will isn't spooky. Not even a little. And according to him, neither am I. He says I'm "about as spooky as a packet of peanuts" so when he and my mates call me Spooky they say "it's an ironic nick name". I still like it though razz

Oh yeahhh, that's a joint alright. We went halves in an ounce. It was awesome. Check out my half-

User Image

That's right.

Hahaha, nice... it must've set you back a bomb, but money well spent. ^^

Only $125. And yeah, it was money very well spent!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:52 pm
-Isel-
MortSanglant
-Isel-
MortSanglant
Meh.

The artwork was lame - looks like those faggoty a** Zwinkies people seem to be so fond of making.

Yes, I'm a d**k.

"Faggoty a**" has got to be the most eloquent, well-formed insult I've ever heard.

Host = awesome/pwn-worthy/wise/etc...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:56 pm
MortSanglant
-Isel-
MortSanglant
-Isel-
MortSanglant
Meh.

Yes, I'm a d**k.

Host = awesome/pwn-worthy/wise/etc...

Ew.

-Isel-

darkcrimsongoth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:24 am
Awww....I want to give those pictures a hug! They're so cute!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:34 am
Awesome site! biggrin

As for the differences between them all, there seems to be a wide range of opinion on that, so I tend to think that there's no such thing as an 'official' Goth, and that most folks in the genre are a mix of different types; one rarely adheres strictly to one particular kind.

For instance, I love the style of Victorian Goth, but I listen to bands like Type O Negative, but I also have a corporate job. I have more of an aggressive outlook on life when I first wake up in the morning, but I can be sad and moody and sarcastic about things at other times too.

I think the site is right in that we have to remember that the word "Goth" was made up by the media. There's a lesson in that somewhere..  

Midnite Blue Moon 888

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:00 am
Tam Li Hua
Awesome site! biggrin

As for the differences between them all, there seems to be a wide range of opinion on that, so I tend to think that there's no such thing as an 'official' Goth, and that most folks in the genre are a mix of different types; one rarely adheres strictly to one particular kind.

For instance, I love the style of Victorian Goth, but I listen to bands like Type O Negative, but I also have a corporate job. I have more of an aggressive outlook on life when I first wake up in the morning, but I can be sad and moody and sarcastic about things at other times too.

I think the site is right in that we have to remember that the word "Goth" was made up by the media. There's a lesson in that somewhere..

I thought the word goth was used by historians to describe east Germanic barbarian tribes.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:08 am
Rellik San
I thought the word goth was used by historians to describe east Germanic barbarian tribes.

Haha! That is true.^^ It's also a medieval architectural style.  

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:07 pm
Senchou Ari Mizuko
Rellik San

Haha! That is true.^^ It's also a medieval architectural style.

And an old Germanic language or East Germanic.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:16 pm
The literature form gained its name apparently due to the fact that most of the scenery of Gothic literature took place amidst Gothic architerctural structures (castles, ideally).

The Fall of the House of Usher is in a Gothic castle or cathedral, right? My memory is very hazy of that story.

-Isel-

Sassy Ace Ari

Fashionable Genius

2,600 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:33 pm
-Isel-
The literature form gained its name apparently due to the fact that most of the scenery of Gothic literature took place amidst Gothic architerctural structures (castles, ideally).

The Fall of the House of Usher is in a Gothic castle or cathedral, right? My memory is very hazy of that story.

Yup yup. I read that last year for English.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:46 pm
I Love Vampirefreaks Is The Best Goth Culture In The Web:

Tokensyo

MysteryCross

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:32 am
i agree w/ sum others that the lil pics were ok and kinda cute [dress code wise], but i dont completely agree w/ sum of the sterotyping and i'm not the kinda person to judge others n e how..... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:13 am
It was... interesting.  

ringwraith10

Sautana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:59 am
hehehehe I like it... But untill now... Im still not sure of what kind of goth I am question  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff