Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Does anyone actually like the English dub? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the dubbed English Sailor Moon at all?
  Yes, but only seasons 1 and 2
  Yes, but only seasons 3 and 4
  Yes, all seasons
  Indifferent
  No, but I wouldn't mind a better dubbing
  No, it's terrible
  No because I'm strictly a subtitles kind of person
  No opinion/I haven't seen Sailor Moon yet/I've only read the manga/I've only seen the Japanses version
View Results

JarreDroid

2,900 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 pm
I wouldn't mind the dubbing, if the Americans weren't so damn censor crazy. It's okay on a general level.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:40 pm
To be honest, I grew up on the DIC dub, so I still find myself liking it anyway even though I have seen the subs and everything...but it was part of my childhood so that part of it will always be there <3  

x Amethyst Rose x

HimeNausicaa

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:22 pm
I do like the dubbed seasons although somtimes it gets annoying what they take out of the secnes or story line... like a whole season...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:37 pm
Yes, I do. I like the voices of the Outers and it's the one I watched growing up. However, the dubbed version is more juvenile than the original.

tragoedia scelesta

Yasashii Minamono

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:34 pm
I liked them because they are what I grew up with. I really don't mind English dubbed, especially when it's uncut. It's easier to watch.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:41 am
Captain Moondoggie
ALL seasons and arcs need to be redubbed geared towrads teenagers like it was originally and then brought beack to America under this new dub...

I agree with you. 3nodding The also need to make Usagi's voice sound a little less airheaded. I couldn't stand her voice in the dub. mad  

supersailorpeach

Lady Hetfield

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:23 pm
I like the dub b/c I grew up with it, but my neice was recently over, and I had some old sailor moon recordings.... MY GOD it was weird to watch it .... Serena was wAAAAaaYYYY to dramatic with her voice. But I still love it! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:53 pm
I like the dub. I've never watched the sub yet. I do watch animes that aren't dub, but when I get an anime that has both, I tend to watch only the dub. You miss more when you reading. But I loved the dubing for Sailor Moon!  

Espada69

Le Black Lace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:36 am
I love the first two dubbed seasons, but the rest aren't done anywhere near as well, it kinda pains me to watch them.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:04 pm
I will say, I started watching it in English (obviously, because it was broadcast in the early mornings on DiC) and I fell in the love with it then. After I watched it in Japanese, it was no longer as good to me. However, I will always have a soft spot for Sailormoon and Sailormoon R in English and the movies too. BUT, that doesn't mean I prefer them AT ALL.  

Miss Ami Mizuno

Yukiangel48

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:49 pm
I watched the dubbed first series first, before the original. So I kinda like the dubbed.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 am
The first half of season one is okay, but the fact that I was introduced to Sailormoon untampered, Japanese, no subtitles makes me cringe when I hear Zosite as a chic stare  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

SpacyLacy

2,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:05 pm
C e r e s
LuluCat
I haven't seen any sub yet, but I love the dub. I know it's not exactly what it's supposed to be, but it's the Sailor Moon I grew up with. When I was little, it was perfect.

That's how I feel about it as well, and that's why I LOVE the dub for the first two seasons. Like, everyone's voices were so cute. And it was what I grew up with, so I love it also for that reason.

My goal this year is to complete my Sailor Moon dvd sets and also get the English dubbed sets as well. I feel that my Sailor Moon collection would be incomplete without them.

I agree, I grew up with it in the english version. I plan on watching the series before I leave in May for boot camp. At the moment I am on season three which isn't very far to go. I still plan on getting online as much as I can when I'm at boot camp.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Well of course the Japanese uncut versions are better!
But I must say that I grew up on the cut English dubbed...
and I agree that the first two seasons were pretty funny.
But Serena's / Usagi's voice makes me want to shoot myself. lol

Fionna-Rose

Sugary Bunny

SpacyLacy

2,850 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:29 pm
I just finished all the series of Sailor Moon. Now I just have to watch the uncut movies.  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff