PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:46 am
dramallama

lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:56 am
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
dramallama

lol
Because I don't feel like being thrown out of this guild for something so stupid.
I actually happen to like this guild,and the people in it,and I actually enjoy coming here for reasons other than being arrogant or putting someone down.

So this is the end of it,throw whatever little insults you have left at me if you want.^_^

Um.

You're doing it again.....  

Sinister Kung Fu

xStephanx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:49 pm
*Sigh* This discussion was going so well. Bloody hell.

Maybe perhaps I can request a mod delete the flame posts?

If you two want to do this nonsense do it in PM where no one has to see it. I don't care which of you has been in the scene longest or which one is the biggest a*****e/b***h. PM me if you have anything to say to me. I will not respond to flames here.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:54 pm
ShadowLotus

Yah I also think Goths should dress like Goths . . . some people say it doesn't matter, but how can you support your kind if you don't show it? And yes definitely we all should connect with other Goths in some fashion. Without those what's the point? Just claim to be Goths and haven't much to show for it?
Hn...I don't think so.

I think if you claim to be a Goth you should probably at least turn up to the shows and clubs in some Gothic fashion sometimes. Although there's no need to do it everyday or even often, of course.

I also think its fine to not dress Goth if you're just into the music scene and still getting accquainted with the clubbing/gig/festival side of the scene.  

xStephanx

ShadowLotus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:25 pm
Bloody hell Oo;; I didn't do anything. The flame posts weren't all deleted because they're still there...
And I'm not responding to any flame post, not even in PM because there's no need for me to talk to anyone who will only disrespect me and has no respect for anyone's opinions.

And Blackrose Kaire thank you very much for standing your ground and the bit of defending me, I very much appreciate it and I'm sorry your posts (even though they were doing the right thing) were deleted.

That said, I'll continue.

Rellik San
ShadowLotus
I agree that all know the music and have a liking for it.

Yah I also think Goths should dress like Goths . . . some people say it doesn't matter, but how can you support your kind if you don't show it? And yes definitely we all should connect with other Goths in some fashion. Without those what's the point? Just claim to be Goths and haven't much to show for it?
Hn...I don't think so.

Not true, as said, sometimes circumstances just aren't appropriate for dressing like a goth, I've always maintained if you get scorned for dressing like a goth, its your own fault for either over doing it or not thinking what the appropriate situational attire would be.

Besides I claim to be a metaller, but I don't walk around in spikes, jack boots and band shirts all the time whilst throwing the rock horns out at everyone I see, doesn't make me any less of a metaller.

Oh oh yes I agree there's circumstances where you shouldn't dress that way, especially certain jobs or situations. I do agree with that I just... I don't know I guess I just wish more people were more obvious in who they are. I like to see when someone else and I have similar interests but I can't see that when they're in jeans and a tshirt.

I'm not saying everyone has to only do everything their classification is known to be. I'm not only goth and don't do only goth things but that doesn't mean I'm not a goth or anything like that.

xStephanx

I think if you claim to be a Goth you should probably at least turn up to the shows and clubs in some Gothic fashion sometimes. Although there's no need to do it everyday or even often, of course.

I also think its fine to not dress Goth if you're just into the music scene and still getting accquainted with the clubbing/gig/festival side of the scene.

Yah I understand that. I think at least do something ^^ Whether a show or just hang out with other Goths. I don't go to shows very often at all but I've at least gone and met people.

It's fine, I still just have a liking for gothic styles. But yes they definitely don't have to. Like I said before, no one should be tied down to any rules and shouldn't feel they have to. It's just a personal feeling of mine and I don't turn anyone away for not looking goth. I have many friends like that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:01 pm
xStephanx
ShadowLotus

Hn...I don't think so.

I don't really see much of a need.

I know more than a few people who love the music, but aren't all too into the fashion. Although the fashion has always been a part of the scene, it's not what the scene is based around.

I do agree with the concept of showing support though- even if in different ways. I think a person can show their interest in the goth scene in many different ways, and fashion is only one of them. I'd consider buying a goth album to be showing support of the scene, for example.

This coming from a person who does wear it on a regular basis.  

GilAskan
Crew

xStephanx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:47 pm
GilAskan

I don't really see much of a need.

I know more than a few people who love the music, but aren't all too into the fashion. Although the fashion has always been a part of the scene, it's not what the scene is based around.

I do agree with the concept of showing support though- even if in different ways. I think a person can show their interest in the goth scene in many different ways, and fashion is only one of them. I'd consider buying a goth album to be showing support of the scene, for example.

This coming from a person who does wear it on a regular basis.

Definitely. Showing support by just turning up to a gig or a club or buying a CD is what its all about, making an effort to look the part is just in addition to that.

But, as you say, its been in the scene since the beginning. Exactly how important it is is a good question really, it seems to vary for each Goth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:16 pm
ShadowLotus

Rellik San
ShadowLotus
I agree that all know the music and have a liking for it.

Hn...I don't think so.

Not true, as said, sometimes circumstances just aren't appropriate for dressing like a goth, I've always maintained if you get scorned for dressing like a goth, its your own fault for either over doing it or not thinking what the appropriate situational attire would be.

Besides I claim to be a metaller, but I don't walk around in spikes, jack boots and band shirts all the time whilst throwing the rock horns out at everyone I see, doesn't make me any less of a metaller.

Oh oh yes I agree there's circumstances where you shouldn't dress that way, especially certain jobs or situations. I do agree with that I just... I don't know I guess I just wish more people were more obvious in who they are. I like to see when someone else and I have similar interests but I can't see that when they're in jeans and a tshirt.

I'm not saying everyone has to only do everything their classification is known to be. I'm not only goth and don't do only goth things but that doesn't mean I'm not a goth or anything like that.

Well in a club environment then by all means go as gothy as you like, I was just saying in real world situations, outside of groups that have the same interest, then you should reign it in a bit. smile  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:20 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Blackrose Kaire
Sinister Kung Fu
dramallama

lol
Because I don't feel like being thrown out of this guild for something so stupid.
I actually happen to like this guild,and the people in it,and I actually enjoy coming here for reasons other than being arrogant or putting someone down.

So this is the end of it,throw whatever little insults you have left at me if you want.^_^

Um.

You're doing it again.....

Dude, get off your high horse and stop being such an elitist a** hat.

Thats my two sense, which of course you'll probably ignore because I'm not a goth, I mean after all its not like I was brought up by a goth who has been a goth since the entire thing started.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:50 pm
xStephanx
spooky_sez
Who cares what music people listen to? Seriously.

Well, that's what the scene is about right? There's just no need for people to be dicks about it (the elitists) or to claim to be something they are ignorant of (baby-bats).

Sure, but it's not just about music any more. I barely listen to any Goth music at all. I like it, but I'm a rocker, baby!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:52 pm
spooky_sez
xStephanx
spooky_sez

Well, that's what the scene is about right? There's just no need for people to be dicks about it (the elitists) or to claim to be something they are ignorant of (baby-bats).

Sure, but it's not just about music any more. I barely listen to any Goth music at all. I like it, but I'm a rocker, baby!
Heavy metal represent yo.

Peace.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:38 pm
Rellik San
spooky_sez
xStephanx
spooky_sez

Heavy metal represent yo.

Peace.

There's nothing peaceful about heavy metal. Nor should there be!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:48 pm
I voted as an elistist... Which I am going to assume was meant to be spelled "Elitist" but that is neither here nor there. I do want to clarify, however.

By elitist, I mean that I am not a babybat. And, I am extremely against those who claim to be a big part of the sub-culture, yet fail to understand the basic nature of the ideal. If there is, as was said before, a babybat who had no idea what he/she was doing, and that was his/her only crime to his/her claim, then that is fine. What bugs me is the "Mansonites" who claim "goth" and yet, have never even heard of "The Cure," "Bauhaus," Siouxie and the Banshees," or "Joy Division." In other words, the goth "Big Four." Before I Was goth, I had listened to two of these bands and loved them. Then as I progressed into the "scene" and got farther and deeper in, I found the others. And I have found many amazing goth bands... All of which put most mainstream music to shame. And it thoroughly angers me, when people claim to be something that not only are they not in compliance with thier claims, but they have no knowledge, thereof. Thank you...

-Wyntre  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 pm
spooky_sez
xStephanx
spooky_sez

While listening to the music may not be the end-all-be-all of goth, said music still plays a fundamental role.
To at least have knowledge of the founding bands is where one has at least some experience with the scene, if they are starting out.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas