Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Just Saying Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:14 pm
Hey I'm not saying cheating is necessarily bad. I'm just trying to make a point. Some people around here are pretty good at battling and have gotten some good rep. I just don't want to see people who take the easy shortcuts get so much credibility for what they do  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:16 pm
Shigeru K
Jean Louis
-sigh-
I guess things have changed.
It's kinda stupid, because as soon as you have an idea for a Pokemon, you just get it automatically. You don't have to train it or teach it moves or anything...

Well it's like Yu-gi-oh games for the GBA/DS. You no longer have to actually hunt down the cards and spend money.

It's just furthering the actual game.

Yeah....
I stick to actually training my monsters though.

Bug Catcher Geno

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:21 pm
Jean Louis
Shigeru K
Jean Louis
-sigh-
It's kinda stupid, because as soon as you have an idea for a Pokemon, you just get it automatically. You don't have to train it or teach it moves or anything...

Well it's like Yu-gi-oh games for the GBA/DS. You no longer have to actually hunt down the cards and spend money.

Yeah....

You're not the only one, but you have to accept the reality as it is and make the best of it. Some people take pride in training pokemon from scratch and then battling with them to make a name of themselves, and then there are those who play entirely for the sake of battling and showing their ability at it. It's two different playing styles, but in the end like Shigeru said, "It's just furthering the actual game."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:24 pm
Chaotix Bluix
Jean Louis
Shigeru K
Jean Louis
-sigh-

Yeah....

You're not the only one, but you have to accept the reality as it is and make the best of it. Some people take pride in training pokemon from scratch and then battling with them to make a name of themselves, and then there are those who play entirely for the sake of battling and showing their ability at it. It's two different playing styles, but in the end like Shigeru said, "It's just furthering the actual game."

And i'm one of those who take a good amount of pride in actually training my pokemon. If it's cheating to speed things up, then fine. If it's cheating to get even one point advantage, then i say no  

paleHorse91

Pachulo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:26 pm
I really do not care at all, as long as the pokemon has the right amount of Evs I could care less if you Pokesav/Train, In the end I will win either way blaugh .  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:28 pm
Pachulo
I really do not care at all, as long as the pokemon has the right amount of Evs I could care less if you Pokesav/Train, In the end I will win either way blaugh .

as long as it has the right amount of EVs im also cool with it  

paleHorse91

Pachulo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:31 pm
paleHorse91
Pachulo

^That^

If you dont like to battle aganist Pokesaved pokemon just put that in your Topic I bet people would follow it (I think sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:33 pm
Pachulo
paleHorse91
Pachulo

^That^

If you dont like to battle aganist Pokesaved pokemon just put that in your Topic I bet people would follow it (I think sweatdrop )

seeing how some people reacted to this whole topic i doubt it. It's not like you can actually tell if someone is cheating unless you physically see their pokemon  

paleHorse91

Pachulo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:35 pm
paleHorse91
Pachulo
paleHorse91
Pachulo

^That^

seeing how some people reacted to this whole topic i doubt it. I

Well t's not like you can actually tell if someone is cheating unless you physically see their pokemon

Well then if you cant tell, I dont see why you woiuld care if they are Poksesav or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:36 pm
Pachulo
paleHorse91
Pachulo
paleHorse91
Pachulo

^That^

seeing how some people reacted to this whole topic i doubt it. I

Well t's not like you can actually tell if someone is cheating unless you physically see their pokemon

Well then if you cant tell, I dont see why you woiuld care if they are Poksesav or not.

i really dont. But i repeat i dont want people getting a high amount of credibility for the easy way out  

paleHorse91

Kunx990

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:49 pm
User Image
I was bored

I'd Pokesav Ubers in Pokeballs because Pokeball > other balls
So I got this D: User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:53 pm
paleHorse91
Tyhoon
Jean Louis
Shigeru K
Deathguiser
Lol most people here just pokesav/AR hack their team. Its easier, and this guild only allows legit stats on pokes, so its no big deal.

Um, because that is the longer part. The hard part is thinking up the teams btw.

I don't think it's fair to use AR/Pokesav at all though...
Pokesav pokes are just like any other pokemon except they have a few more stat points and don't take 2 hours to make. They have the same weaknesses, are affected by the same statuses, and are stomped by the same counters. So to everyone who thinks that Pokesav is unfair, either improve as a battler or STFU! scream

...sorry, I haven't had much sleep in the past couple of days. sweatdrop

I question anyone who uses a hack device even if the pokemon are pretty much the same. I quote "a few more stat points." Even 1 point in a stat can change the battle. It's much better if trainers were to just hand train their pokemon.

Dude listen. Ok when he says "A few more points" He means that you can get your poke's stats to the max, WITHOUT OVER HACKING, and taking hours to do it in the real game. Seriosuly, we have had this discussion beofre, and the guild decided it was cool as long as you didn't over hack that pokemon's maximum stats.  

Deathguiser

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:13 pm
so i can maximize my attack and speed?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:19 pm
paleHorse91
so i can maximize my attack and speed?

as long as it doesn't exceed that pokemon's max stats, then nobody cares.  

Deathguiser

paleHorse91

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:23 pm
how about attack, speed and HP?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items