Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Fan's Community Room:.
Your first experience with Daft Punk. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:37 pm
User Image

lol The first time I saw One More Time I thought "Music videos are so weird. When I watched Interstella 5555 all I could notice was the sperm shaped space ship.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:22 am
I first heard One More Time and Harder Better Faster Stronger on Toonami (Man I miss Toonami D: ) I heard their music sporadically over the years, but I recently Re-discovered them and I love all their music, it's truly the best house there is biggrin  

Meccanismo

Invisible Sex Symbol

6,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Crack Disco

Anxious Browser

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:15 pm
Back when I was a kid, I would ride in my dad's car and listen to whatever he would put on the radio. Suddenly, I heard a catchy tune that was simply addictive... it was 'One More Time'. Back then, I didn't knew much english (live in Puerto Rico) so I could barely understand what they were singing. After that, I never heard from them again until around 3 years ago when I was searching for videos on my Wii. I clicked to a video from YTMND (You're The Man Now Dog) with a collection of GIF's about the famous scene with Jim Carrey and John Travolta banging their heads to the music of 'What Is Love?' in Night at Roxbury. The video would combine that clip with something else, but that's when it happened. In one point of the video, I heard a familiar sound from long, long ago. I'd hit playback just to listen to it again to see if I could remember where have I've heard that song before. I desperately looked through the comments to see if anyone pointed out what was that song. Soon, I found a post with the title on it and went directly to my PSP to download the song. After it finished, I went to 'Music', looked through the playlist, hit play and a heartwarming sensation ran through my ears. Since then, I wanted to learn more and more about the group, and listen to their music. And well, I love 'em.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:47 am
My first experience with Daft Punk was when one of my friends decided he would bring his MP3 player to school and listen to it in our science class. The teacher knew he had his MP3 player because he kept running from his seat on one side of the room to mine which was on the other side of the class room. So he ran over to my seat and shoved the earphone into my ear and turned the music all the way up. I asked him what the song was and he said it was Technologic by Daft Punk. So when I got home I put it on my playlist and then searched the internet for a MP3 download of it.  

Project Love

Gaian

PHAZE FUTURE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 pm
1 summer it was like 1:00 in the morning, i went 2 my room and truned on the tv i turned it 2 music choues, and playing was DA FUNK BY DAFT PUNK and i loved it, then i lisened 2 some more songs from them and then i became a fan my faverit song is DA FUNK then AROUND THE WORLD, ROBOT ROCK, ALIVE, AND LAST IS 909 so i like the classce daft punk smile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm
User Image

I rarely listen to One Moe Time. What's funny is I've heard every song and only downloaded the ones I liked and a few months ago I listened to them again and ended up getting Digital Love and Face To Face. Now Digital Love is my second favorite and I want it playing at my wedding. I'd better find someone to marry. I named my gecko after it. I call her Digit.

User Image

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

PHAZE FUTURE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:40 am
Autobot Shadow
User Image

I rarely listen to One Moe Time. What's funny is I've heard every song and only downloaded the ones I liked and a few months ago I listened to them again and ended up getting Digital Love and Face To Face. Now Digital Love is my second favorite and I want it playing at my wedding. I'd better find someone to marry. I named my gecko after it. I call her Digit.

User Image

whats with digital love i like make love better  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:41 pm
User Image

It's been done too many times. XD And it's because it's a love song by robots. Not a sex song for humans. There's no bow chicks wow wow in it. Although Around The World sounds like the kinda song you would.

User Image

A-B0T

Dapper Wolf

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150

PHAZE FUTURE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:42 pm
ok but the reason why i like make love is the music not the lyrics
but my #1 song is DA FUNK  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:25 am
My first experience with them was back in the 90's when i was about 6years old. I was going through some music channels and landed on the Italian MTV station and it was airing One More Time music vid. Both the anime and the music struck me like lightning with the trance i was in lol. I never heard of them again till I turned 14 and heard another music from them which was Aerodynamic and I loved the guitar solo xD. 4 years later i finally found the greatest treasure of all! Now I'm playing DP music all the time. My #1 is Aerodynamic and #1.5 is Digital Love razz plus other DP music. DAFT PUNK 4EVA!!!  

Don Mcallef

2,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

iiFewlx3

2,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:51 pm
i first heard one more time in karate  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 am
My first experience with Mr.Homem-Christo and Mr. Bangalter was back in the MTV days. It was 1999 and with my siblings we saw the most addicting music video ever produced in the Music channel. It was Daft Punk's Around the World which captured our attention.

Our love for the music video grew to such an extent that we would watch MTV just to catch the song and call anyone of our family to sit down with us and watch.

Then the time the Interstella 5555 videos came out in Toonami (I think) completely renewed my love for them. I especially loved "One More Time", "Digital Love" and "Harder,Better,Faster,Stronger".

Eventually I became truly addicted to Daft Punk =w=

Abaddon Magnus

Raider

5,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

IAmTooC0zy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 pm
User Image
My first time with daft punk was when I was playing left 4 dead 2 with my brother and he had his ipod in so we were listening to music and around the world came on and i just loved the beat. Umm after that i basically heard all there songs i watched the cartoon and yeah i love there music and yeah i know thats kinda eh but lol its my story but what i will say daft punk has opened my raver side im more open about techno now haha but yeah im currently working on become a dj because of them even though ive been tryin that for a while>.>. But yeah xD thats my story haha

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:31 pm
yeah. really my first contact was at a party at my house. a couple of my friends were listening to it while drawing their helmets on paper bags and wearing them on their heads. So my first encounter was wierd. Ironicly, I later became a DJ. So yeah, they kinda opened the door to a genre I had only seen through the peephole.  

kamahaazi

asdfghjklyo

7,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:59 pm
mine was two years back. my daddy downloaded a couple of daft punk songs, and i became quite addicted, all i spoke of in our school bus when i was bored was daft punk.
but i grew tired but came back to it last summer, while fixing my playlist, i thought of daft punk and saw more songs, and loved them all. and i also downloaded more songs and influenced my friend. (:
so, that's about it. ;D

.:Fan's Community Room:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces