Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
The Official Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harrison Richardson

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:56 pm
Deathguiser
I will agree with paper cuts, I was pretty let down by the roster...until they revealed Wolf. I promised myself I would becoem a master of wolf, because he's just that cool. But either way, I am still excited to play it, with wi-fi especially.

If you want to master wolf, start here.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5u0QEsrYC_8  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:46 pm
Hey thanks for the vid fireblaze, that will definately help me out for when I get the game ^^.

By the way, does anyone know if the C-stick will be useable in brawls?  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:06 pm
Razz-Berry 9
Pay Per Cuts
I've lost a lot of hype because of what a huge let down the roster was...

Though I plan to use Fox/Falco/Wolf, Kirby, Olimar, and Ike

+Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers

Everyone says that But it's really only a let down to th e there person themselves.One way or another you can't get say there is a character in that list that sucks You may not have got everyone you wanted but I bet you got some people.

I never said the roster sucked. I said it was a let down because I was expecting 40+ characters. The only character I was really hoping for was Olimar. Just because I got a few characters I wanted doesn't change it from being a let down.

Not to mention I was expecting more "skins" Like Dr. Mario/Pichu kind of things.

If the roster wasn't a let down for you, you just had really low standards toward the game. (Not that that's a bad thing)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:11 pm
Doesanyone know if the C-stick will be useable crying  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:19 pm
Deathguiser

I think so

I thought there was a page on the smash bros site that explained the different controllers, but I can't find it. (Only found the sideways wiimote one).  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:21 pm
Deathguiser

I don't know. Maybe taunts?  

Harrison Richardson

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:23 pm
Fireyblaze000
Deathguiser

Taunts are the D-pad. C-stick was shortcuts to using A-side/A-up/A-down.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:33 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Fireyblaze000
Deathguiser

Taunts are the D-pad. C-stick was shortcuts to using A-side/A-up/A-down.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I haven't played in a long time.  

Harrison Richardson

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:44 pm
Well even if the C-stick isn't set to shortcuts, I read you can configure the controls to fit you, so maybe you have the ability to set shortcuts to the C-Stick.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:54 pm
Deathguiser
Well even if the C-stick isn't set to shortcuts, I read you can configure the controls to fit you, so maybe you have the ability to set shortcuts to the C-Stick.

Usin the C-Stick smashes will come in handy for Wave Smashing(recommended for noobs).I hope Sakurai didn't take away Wave Dashing.  

Michael RD

5,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:50 pm
Pay Per Cuts
Razz-Berry 9
Pay Per Cuts

Everyone says that But it's really only a let down to th e there person themselves.One way or another you can't get say there is a character in that list that sucks You may not have got everyone you wanted but I bet you got some people.

I never said the roster sucked. I said it was a let down because I was expecting 40+ characters. The only character I was really hoping for was Olimar. Just because I got a few characters I wanted doesn't change it from being a let down.

Not to mention I was expecting more "skins" Like Dr. Mario/Pichu kind of things.

If the roster wasn't a let down for you, you just had really low standards toward the game. (Not that that's a bad thing)

Brawl is not one of those 40-50 Characters games it has always been know for it's short amount of characters.Some people May think it's sucks Some people may think it's the best It all depends on Who you Like.The Characters you hate Might be loved by Others and Vice Versa Neither way the roster Won't please everyone.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:19 pm
Michael RD
Deathguiser

Usin the C-Stick smashes will come in handy for Wave Smashing(recommended for noobs).I hope Sakurai didn't take away Wave Dashing.

Wave dashing was a glitch in melee. Sakurai took it out, in the hopes theg ame would be more user friendly. basically, he wants people who don't know all of the glitches to be good too, I mean I never learned wave dashing, and now I see that I didnt need to learn it anyway, since brawl won't be having it.

Anyone know if L cancelling was a glitch, or if thats an actual move?  

Deathguiser

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:51 pm
Razz-Berry 9
Pay Per Cuts
Razz-Berry 9
Pay Per Cuts

Brawl is not one of those 40-50 Characters games it has always been know for it's short amount of characters.Some people May think it's sucks Some people may think it's the best It all depends on Who you Like.The Characters you hate Might be loved by Others and Vice Versa Neither way the roster Won't please everyone.

Brawl has had only two other games. The first 2 not being big budget types. The amount of characters are suppose to grow with each iteration of a fighting game, and since people suspect this to be the last, it only makes sense to pack in as many nintendo characters as you can.

You're basically saying "B-b-but if they put in more characters people might not like them!" You can say that with every character. So they should just not add any new characters at all, if we're following your logic.

/my edits  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm
I have to agree with paper Cuts. Didn''t they promise 50 characters? I might be wrong.

Anyway, on A lighter note I saw some C-Stick usage in Brawl, so for people who like to use the C-Stick for quick uncharged smashes, congrats. For pros who get annoyed at C-stick users, sorry. But it really isn't a noobish tactic as one might think.  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:28 pm
After reading up and watching videos on characters, I think I will be using:

1. Wolf/Kirby
2. Dedede
3. Diddy Kong

Oh, and Toon Link looks rigged. Kind of like a lighter Fox with higher priority.

Kirby looks a bit beter, still not up to his 64 days though crying

And I still have no idea how Snake is going to play.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff