Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Spring Anime Season 2008 [posts possible spoilers alert] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:37 pm
Yeah, I read spoilers on it. Looks like the only thing worth watching for is Kallen in the bunny suit.

MAY CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS AND MIGHT NOT BE SAFE FOR WORK

edit:
Watched To-Love-RU, it's ok.
Ecchi. Ecchi. Ecchi. This looks like a typical comedy, romance. Rito is a dumbass. Blah blah blah can't confess to the girl that he like. He never had a female friend. Lala appears in bathtub while he is bathing like a scene out of Girls Bravo. Lala, main heroine, is interesting. Space girl with nice boobies, can't really complain. I gotta say I thought the OP frickin' rock, very nicely done. If you going to watch it, watch it for the girls because girls rock. But it's not just for guys. There something in it for girls too. I'm sure of it. Yeah...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Of course, typical anime male response when a girl appears in tub. I don't know about you but I wouldn't be all freaked out. Notice the conveniently placed mist... Stupid ray of lights and fog. DVD UNCENSORED NOW?!

Watched Kanokon, I love it.
Ecchi. Ecchi. Ecchi. He a typical male lead although he looks like a loli.
It was rather strange to see Chizuru, 400 years old fox deity, want to have sex with him. It's all great and everything.

"So beautiful that it's scary." - Kouta commenting Chizuru. Kouta is such a player.

It was nice to watch their transformation scene. I'm pretty sure the girl lolicons will fawn over Kouta. There are girl lolicons right? Anyways, I see a fanclub forming already for Kouta. This anime is definitely fun to watch. It's better than To-Love-Ru as of right now.

You get to see her panties too. I removed the screencap for that though. biggrin

Watched Kure-Nai, I love it.
1280x720, looks beautiful. The art is rather top-notch! OP is unique and takes some time getting used to. Anime to watch out for is definitely this. One of the thing that is unique is that Kurenai isn't your typical retard protagonist. Kuhouin is six years old and is quite cute to boot. Uh.. It's also filled with pretty girls too. Pretty a**-kicking woman in a suit. Pretty girls in school uniform. Pretty woman that smokes. Pretty gothic woman. Pretty neighbor plus she likes to tease. There only one male as of now and that is Kurenai. So... Girls can, uh, fawn over him. Yeah.. I don't think we will see romance between Kuhouin and Kurenai. Although there might be some between Kurenai and his classmates. Maybe even with the older ladies. That would be something, wouldn't it?

It's interesting to note that Brains Base is doing this. Brains Base? Who are they? Only thing they done that is rather note-worthy is Kimi ga Nozomu Eien -NEXT SEASON- OVA.

Didn't watch Code Geass R2 yet. Subs need to hurry up for Nabari no Ou and Allison & Lillia. Please stop subbing Code Geass, damn it. There are already 5 groups subbing it. Nijuu Mensou Musume and Toshokan Sensou will also need subs when they air.

On a minor off-topic note, I bought the Kite and Mezzo Forte uncut double pack. Cash well spent. Although now I have both the edited and uncut double packs.

I also forget that we have young members too.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:26 pm
Mind if I give my two cents on a few other anime you missed/may not watch?

Watched Bus Gamer, It's above average
As far as the first episode goes, it has a good plot on it's shoulders, but with only three episodes, I'm not exactly sure what's going to come out of it. It basically revolved around three random guys dragged into a game to fight for money as a team in which their only thing in common with each other is that they all need an extremely huge amount of money each, and is willing to do anything to get it. The first episode seems a tad rushed, but its highly fitting for this type of anime. I expect something out of this, if your into shounen, mystery, action, this is the new anime for you 3nodding

And not, it's Bus, said like Biz, and it's short of "Business Game"

User Image

Watched Itazura na Kiss. It's well above average
As far as the first episode goes, it's fairly standard for a shoujo. Cute girl (voiced by none other than Naruto's Hyuuga Hinata~) has her house destroyed and is forced to live with her (once) love interest. What's interesting is just that the day right before it, in front of everybody, she had been rejected when she tried to confess. This just leads to great fun x3
I expect a lot out of this anime, as it has a good plot, and a good amount of manga to be able to cover in 26 episodes. I'd recomend it to anyone a fan of the shoujo genre (and yes, even you too guys might get a chuckle out of this every so often. I found that I did)

User Image

Hope I'm not imposing 3nodding

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:31 am
Eh, I watched Bus Gamer too but didn't see anything worthy of posting. It was alright.

I forgot that I got Itazura na Kiss in my files. I don't think I'm going to watch it until Allison & Lillia and Nabari no Ou get subs.

Na, I don't mind. I'm just trying to spur conversation. Guild not moving fast enough. >.>

edit:
Watched Vampire Knight. Meh..
Ugh, I'm tempted to say a lot of crap about this but I won't.
Yuki is head-over-heels for Kaname, the big shot vampire because he saved her when she was little. I don't like Kaname at all. Zero is head-over-heels for Yuki, her not-biological brother. I actually like Zero but I'm pretty sure that Zero won't end up with Yuki. How do I know? Well, I read spoilers and such on the manga already. Zero hates vampire so you can already see the conflict there.

I wasn't really paying attention to the episode. Something about day classes and night classes. I was looking at the clock the entire time wanting it to be over. Obviously, this anime is for the girls because of the cast of pretty boys wanting to suck girls' blood. Maybe some guys might get a kick out of watching Yuki and the hot female vampires.

I really wonder why the manga is so popular. Is it because of the pretty boys or the good story? Pretty boys most likely.

Final Thoughts:
This anime is for the girls. I seen lots of vampire fanfic so I'm pretty sure that girls will get more of a kick out of it.

This anime isn't for me. I unfortunately will not be following it any more. Yuki and the hot vampire girls aren't enough to keep me watching. Now if there was lots of lesbian vampire girls and Yuki, I'll totally be there. I know what you're thinking.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:57 pm
Vampire Knight is a shoujo series after all. What did you expect? A shounen? o-o;;

Though, I have to admit, I like Yuki's character design. Sue me, I like the hair and the small body ;o

And I found it quite funny actually, though I guess I was watching for all the wrong reasons xP

Or am I thinking of another anime...

Anyways...

I watched Macross Frontier and it is amazing
Now this is what a shounen series should be. I'll admit, I am new to the macross franchise, and I'm wondering why the hell I haven't watched it before. The CG was done right, not like some other animators, not saying any names Gonzo, and the main character makes me laugh. I also like the green haired girl's seiyuu. As far as I know, this is her debut role, and I'll expect a lot from her 3nodding

And with Kamina's seiyuu from Gurren Lagann over here playing another GAR character, it has to be good ;D

I watched Special A, it was average
Alright, the first thing I have to complain about is the character design. The people are like stick figures...literally. They have freaking malformed legs for pete sakes. They're as thin as sticks and have a wavy design D:
They're also like twice as long as the character's bodies o-o;;

But besides for that, the first episode was a good setup for the later series. It wasn't too boring, it had a few entertaining parts that let me chuckle for humor (intentionally too!)

I watched Zettai Karen Children, I absolutely ******** love it.
Don't get me wrong, small girls in short skirts and not an ecchi anime. Amazing huh? Also, it's a given rule that in any anime where the initial villain has a p***s laser, it has to be awesome. I mean, that guy freaking turned people to stone with a blast from his crotch. And he humped a giant gold statue. If the rest of the episodes were that hilarious, then this would make to be a great series.

Also, if your a fan of the Hayate no Gotoku series, I highly recomend this series. It was made by the same staff, and Hayate's seiyuu is playing a role in it as well (albeit a girl, but whose complaining?)

And it was also choreographed quite nicely, considering its a 52 episode anime. Hoping there won't be too many useless fillers/episodes, this is turning into a great series.

And the voice cast is amazing. Hirano Aya (*cough* I'll stab you if you don't know this one...Suzumiya Haruhi, Izumi Konota, and Amane Misa peoples?), Ryoko Shiraishi (Hayate from Hayate no Gotoku), and finally to wrap all things up Tomatsu Haruka (Lala from Tu-LOVE-Ru) play the three main children while Nakamura Yuuichi (Tomoya from CLANNAD~) plays the main male. All star cast much? x3

Well, with the exception of Tomatsu Haruka, but she's still good 3nodding

I watched Blasstier...whatever you get the point. I hated it.
I swear, I couldn't even go through the first five minutes of it without getting bored. I even had to skip through parts of the ep and it was horrible. Sure, the girls were pretty and the guys were manly, but that's all it has going for it. The action sequence that was suppose to draw us in was just retarded, like it wasn't CG over handdrawn things anymore, it was handdrawn things under CG. The bikes look nice, but the monsters look crap. I mean seriously, they even for one scene used CG to animate a hand reloading a gun when just in the other scene it was drawn out. Maybe this would have looked better if it was drawn, maybe a year or two ago when CG was still scarce, this would be a great anime. But when about 60% of it is CG and its dragging the story down, it's not exactly great, especially if the story wasn't too great in the first place.

This thing ain't no ARIA D:

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 am
I don't know what I was expecting. I just watched it to see what the hype was all about.

I was thinking about watching Macross Frontier but wasn't sure if I could watch it without seeing all the other anime in the franchise. I think the earliest Macross goes all the way back to 1982. Hell, I having trouble going through Gunbuster and it came out in 1988.

I don't think I'll watch Special A since it's another Shoujo.

Can you post a screen cap for Zettai Karen Children?

I actually like Blassreiter. Sounds like Blast Rider, get it? I'm not too keen on motorcycle riding because it sounds and looks lame. While watching Blassreiter, I remembered a game I used to play. Kinetica for the PS2, good game by the way.

The monsters look pretty good although the term "demoniac" is lame. Old Gerd is lame. Amanda, of course, is smokin' hot. I'll watch for Amanda and hope for a Joseph x Amanda relationship. We saw a glimpse of Joseph, the main protagonist. Joseph looks pretty badass. CG was fine. Well, I'm not sure since I watched Crunchyroll's crappy stream. Gonzo like to use CG in almost all of their anime.

What I don't like is that Gonzo decided to go "hot wheels." I don't like motorcycles in real life and in animation. Gonzo billed the anime as being a mature anime. As of right now, there really nothing to bill it as mature.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:37 pm
Hah, that's what I thought too before I took the chance, and I loved it~

I don't think you have to watch the past ones, just saying because it aired 20 years ago. o-o;;
I think it's like the gundam franchise. You can start at any one, and it doesn't matter xP

I guess you won't. *shrugs*

Sure things.
User Image
The main three girls~
User Image
And I wasn't lying about the guy humping a giant gold statue ;o

And don't get turned off by the art. After watching the first episode, I could never see this series animated in the likes of KyoAni or anything x3

I think the monsters look lame. Like generic evil villains o-o;;
And demoniac is lame. And you liked hte CG? I didn't what so ever @_@
Just because they can, doesn't mean they shouldn't D:

And I watched it on crunchy versus my high def sub, the bad quality really helps make it look more natural @_@

Hah. What I don't like is that Gonzo decided to go high CG in all of their works D;
And in like, the first five minutes there was a naked woman on the screen o-o;;

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:16 am
Cool, I'm going to watch Macross. Got interested in it when I saw the nyan-nyan youtube video. The green-haired girl is so cute. It just looped and I watched for the full 10 minutes. It doesn't get old.

I watched Zettai Karen Children and it was really enjoyable. I was turned off by the art in the beginning but I got used to it.

Well, I thought the monsters look cool. The CG was alright but I will say that the CG didn't fit with the anime. They should have taken more time to making it blend with the surroundings. Oh, I remember now. There was a naked lady but she wasn't exactly attractive.

-------------------
I watched Soul Eater. Loved it.

As expected from BONES, everything was wonderful. The fight scenes scream high quality and was extremely fluid. Soul Eater oozes style out of every crevices. It felt very Tim Burton to me. Cute girl in skirt with big weapon, most amazing thing ever. Maka is the meister while Soul Eater is her demon partner, he transform into a death scythe. Yes, Soul Eater looks like a member of the Gorillaz. Blair, the neko, is so cute. Expect to see some fanservice from her in episode one. The OP and ED were ok. It will have 51 episodes and if BONES can maintain episode 1 quality, then we're in for a wild ride. I have no doubt that they can do it.

Another BONES anime to watch out for is Nijuu Mensou Musume, which I have no doubt will also be as awesome.
--------------------

I watched Allison and Lillia. I loved it.

With that out of the way, I like it. It gave a Kino-sque air. The OP was very nice and relaxing. I'm not fond of the ED as of yet. It'll take some time adjusting to the character design, which many would say is generic. The pace was somewhat slow, but picked up in the end. I love planes. I love Last Exile so it's only natural that I would be bias with Allison and Lillia. The story is introduced at the end of the episode which is to find the treasure and to rescue the old fart? I really like Allison. I'm not exactly sure about Wil.

You might be curious as to why the title is Allison and Lillia. I know I was. SPOILER: Lillia is Allison and Wil's daughter. The first half of the anime is, of course, the adventure of Allison and Wil when they're young. Second half of the anime will be several years later and will be about their daughter, Lillia. This is what I'm excited about, Allison and Wil actually married and produced a child. I want to see some smooches between grown-up Allison and Wil. Ahh! I'm getting all giddy.

I could put up screens if anyone wants.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:05 pm
Dude, you gotta send me that vid xD

I told you you'd like it. It's like the powerpuff girls, except it doesn't stink ;o

*shrugs* different opinions I suppose~

I watched Soul Eater. Freaking Great.

Nine basically covered it all really. Gotta love BONES for doing it. Though, I'm just wondering if Soul is his real name or not. Looking at the other characters in the series, it's no surprise to me that Soul Eater is just a given name, like a title.

And Blair~ Pum, pum, pumpkin is my spell~ x3

And I am like, totally on the look out for NMM. I love the plot with Edgar Allan Poe (Probably one of my favorite writers) and Hirano Aya just takes the cake x3

I watched Allison and Lilia. Better than a lot of the series this season.
It's better than a lot of series, but still, I can't see it exactly pulling top tens unless it pulls off the True Tears vibe, which is very hard to do x3

And I actually liked that quaint art style, and Allison looks flipping awesome. Though, the only thing bugging me is I'm sort of confused of what time period they're in sweatdrop

Hah, at first I just thought Lillia was like, the name of the treasure. I knew that the anime was split into two parts though 3nodding

And I wonder if anyone besides us actually reads these things sweatdrop

Watched Neo Angelique ~Abyss~...Well...At least it made me laugh...for all the wrong reasons...
Really, this show is just a guilty pleasures. Who wouldn't laugh for the first two minutes you see four bishies fighting tanks and one of them has a monocle and a weird whip thingy.

And then near the...err...climax for lack of a better term of the episode, two of them fight an Oddish look alike (yes, I got that reference from a blog I read and I laughed so hard when I actually saw it). It was oddish high on vitamins and it's tentacles were going crazy on the girls. And no, there was no suggestive moaning or tight wraps from the tentacles for those wondering.

So yeah, it's not too great. For the most part it's just really, really cheesy. Mostly, it's just a guilty pleasure x3

Watched Wagaya no Oinari-sama. It's average.
Alright, so in teh first episode it introduces a fox God who helps save this one family, and can change it's gender to whatever it likes because it can't remember, and turns out to be the family's guardian by the end of the episode. Yeah, for a first episode, this was rather anticlamatic, even with the not-so-epic fox vs. snake fight that went on.

The only real "positive" is the fox's girl form really. That and this one shrine maiden at the end of the episode. That would probably be the sole reason you would want to finish the first episode, to see that part. But as this is only the first episode, it may grow to be better 3nodding

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:35 pm
Nyan Nyan
It's so addicting.

I got done with watching Macross Frontier and it was great.

Soul Eater
The one thing that I could complain about is the noses. I don't like how the noses are drawn. >.>

Quite a lot of people are complaining about Maka's VA. I didn't find nothing wrong with Maka's voice, but apparently the majority of the people on the forum I frequent disagree.

Allison and Lillia
I believe it's equivalent to the 1930s. Well, that's what Wikipedia showed.
3nodding

I'm pretty sure there are some lurkers.

Neo Angelique
I can't bring myself to watch it. I'm glad you found the strength to watch it.
lol

Wagaya no Oinari-sama
I thought it was nice. The brothers pissed me off. I almost stopped watching because of them. Kuugen is interesting since Kuugen doesn't really have a gender. Yeah, I rather Kuugan stay in female form. Kou is pretty cute too.

Kamen no Maid Guy
Uncensored boobies, no fog, mist or ray of light blocking. You get the full view. If you are worried about seeing too many exposed breast, don't worry. There's only one scene. It's somewhat ecchi since there was nothing that ecchi. Sure, you do see breasts and a little lingerie service but that's about it.

Naeka got knockers, I like her even though she is the typical female lead. Kousuke, her brother, got a fetish for maids. The whole idea of a maid guy, Kogarashi, is pretty hilarious, he is like Arnold Schwarzenegger. The interaction between Kogarashi and Naeka is hilarious.

1. Ripping her shirt off to check her bra.
2. Kogarashi putting a water hose between Naeka's breast to wake her up in the morning.

I love it.

edit 4/13:

Nabari no Ou

Awesome! Ninja fight! It was a nice first episode although I wouldn't call it the best first episode. Kure-nai probably take the trophy for the best and interesting starter for now. Animation and art are to be expected from J.C. Staff. They're a bit on the anorexic side though but they look nice nonetheless.

It's rather strange since the vibe I got from the episode was shounen-ai, or yaoi. Why? Because Miharu, the main protagonist, acts gay at certain points in the anime. I sometimes wonder if he was actually a girl, but it looks like he is borderline gay. Does it help that Rie Kugimiya is his VA? Not too sure. You can definitely tell that he is voiced by a girl. Durandal is a bad-a** teacher. xd

I wouldn't actually care if it turns out to be a little shounen-ai because ninjas are awesome. Pirates are second to ninjas. Action sequences were good. One disappointment I had was Raimei, female samurai?, didn't make her appearance although she will be in the next episode. If anything, watch the anime for Raimei since she probably bad-a**.

Watched the preview for episode 2, it's entitled "Raimei Arrives." Raimei going to kick some a**.

Shaping up to be another great anime from J.C. Staff.

Itazura na Kiss
I'm afraid that I do not share your sentiments on this anime, SirBaka. The guy is mean, really mean. His little brother is also mean. It's all good fun and everything at the beginning but I hope the guy lighten up as we go along the episodes.

Even if I try, I couldn't be that mean to a girl. I wonder what she see in him.

---------------------------
-patiently waits for Real Drive and Library War subs-  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:52 pm
That vid is pure love @_@
I told you you'd like it xP

About Soul Eater, What's wrong with the noses? o-o;;
And Maka's Seiyuu is perfectly find, except I don't think she portrays the mad parts well enough. She's too soft of a seiyuu to do the whole tsundere act. Though, normal voice is perfectly fine 3nodding

About Allison and Lillia, ahh. I was thinking something like that. The sub I watched said in the 30xx or something like that o-o;;

About Neo Angelique, I only watched it because I found a blog who said it was hilarious. I probably wont continue watching it, but I still found the first ep funny.

It's like Ouran High School Host Club, except it's about magic...and it's funny when they're trying to be serious and not funny when they try.

About Wagaya no Oinari-sama, I'm moe for Kou~ That's all I gotta say x3

About Kamen no Maid Guy, I put it on priority to watch because you said that. Not even 15 minutes in and we get a full breast shock. Amazing! ;o
Though, I like the other girl better. I wanna see her wild voice x3

About Itazura na Kiss, I did research on it, and it turned out that he starts to love her and they get married later. Sure, the guy is mean, but can't you blame the hate on women for him being forced to dress up as a girl until he could complain about it because of his mother? Spoilers for those who haven't seen the second episode.

And same here. Though, all I'm wondering is that what time period is that anime in. The 70s or something? o-o;;

And the anime I'm looking forward the most this year would probably have to be Library War. Just the whole concept of it makes me glee in geekness x3

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:27 am
=)

Soul Eater
I just find the noses a bit funny looking. They look like they're mice noses?
Look like they only got one nostril.

I did some research and found out that Maka's VA is a complete amateur. She has no experience whatsoever in voice acting. This is her debut into VAing. So I guess people are complaining that Maka's voice is a bit wooden.

-shrugs-

I watched Allison and Lillia episode 2
I watched the second episode. Good stuff! I especially like the part where they slept together. Allison hogging the entire bed. xd

I also like how Wil doesn't hesitate to protect Allison and how Allison also does not hestitae to protect Wil. They're a good couple.

I watched Blassreiter episode 2

Spoiler: Gerd dies in this episode. YAY!

Episode 3 will finally be about Joseph? Finally!

Kamen no Maid Guy
Yeah, the breasts were a shock but I'm glad they put it in. Why? No reason really. Would I want to see more breasts? Sure, I'm a hot blooded male after all.

I watched Itazura na Kiss episode 2
Oh really? Do they get married during the course of the manga and it follows their married life? Or they got married at the end of the manga?

He should blame his mother and not the entire women population. I don't think I will ever like him. Kinnosuke is the guy I'm voting for since he really like Kotoko, but it won't happen.

Itazura na Kiss probably take place in the 90s since the manga started in '91.

I watched Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Yay for another random anime! Talk about a wacky anime! So the whole gist of it is that Kyoka is a cat?, complete with the ears and tail. She might be an alien but the anime just speed on by while I was watching. Kyoka talks really fast! Oka is the main protagonist, he is ordered to marry Kyoka and form a family. The family is supposed to be a cover to prevent the world from massive damage.

Oka and Kyoka have to find the five children, a weird a** bunch of children at that.

1. Jellyfish -it doesn't seem to talk. it can float too.-
2. Talking lion -chronicles of narnia... rofl-
3. Biological weapon robot -did he just use a lightsaber?-
4. Yuka -possibly the only normal one out of the bunch. she is really cute.-
5. Gay boy -no, really. he is gay. the anime said so.-

OP was ok. ED was nice because of the animation. Let's keep watching this.

I watched Golgo 13

This is a mature anime so expect blood and sex. Golgo 13 is like James Bond except Golgo 13 is more manly. Well, Golgo is definitely more manly than Pierce Brosnan. Daniel Craig might be a bit less manly than Golgo.

It was definitely entertaining. The one thing that had me laughing my butt off was the fact that Golgo 13 only get headshots. While everyone is spraying their bullets at Golgo, he pops a bullet into each of their heads. I screamed "Boom! Headshot!"

Well, this episode introduces us to Golgo 13. The plot is the FBI and CIA ask Golgo to assassinate a hijacker who taken control of an airplane. Golgo goes to get a sniper rifle and while waiting for it to be modified to his specification, Golgo heads off to get some satisfaction. Golgo spent some time in slammer so he was itching for some female lovin'. Nothing too explicit, it's on par with a rated-R movie. Just some satisfaction... Then some fools decided to bust in and kill Golgo. Golgo tossed that hooker into the bathroom and kicked some a**.

Just how manly can Golgo get? REAL MANLY. This anime is obviously not grounded in realism.

Expect to see more blood and lovin'.

----------------------

Library Wars is definitely something I'm looking forward to too. Nijuu Mensou no Musume.. Crystal blaze.. Real Drive.. This season got some good anime.

It'll be hard as hell to keep up with the flux of anime if you aren't watching it as they air.

----------------------

This doesn't have anything to do with this season, but I gotta say it. I keep watching the last episode of Kimikiss over and over again. I swear it was a really good ending to a great anime. It ends with a kiss with the song Wasurenaide by Suara playing. What an awesome ED. I got that bittersweet feeling like from 5 cm per sec, voices, and the places promised.

If you haven't watched Kimikiss yet, you should. For those who do not know Kimikiss, it's a romance and drama. It's by J.C. Staff and directed by Kenichi Kasai (Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile).

end of shameless plugging. >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 pm
About Soul Eater, Hah, It's just the art style for the series. You'll get used to it soon enough 3nodding

And about the Seiyuu, hopefully she'll grow into the role. And maybe she'll become a new hit like Marina Inoue 3nodding

About ep 2 of A&L; Allison did go tsundere when she said she'd do that. Gawd, Allison is such a tsundere x3

And that's why they get married 3nodding

About the year thing, it is set in the 3xxx ninja

About Kamen no Maid Guy, that is so true. I could tell that from a long time ago by now xD

About Itazura na Kiss ep 2; The manga goes on while they're married to show how much they grow 3nodding

Eh, who knows? If you're scarred for life, you're scarred for life. *shrugs*

That's what I was thinking, with the outfits and the hair-do's o-o;;

I watched Kyouran Kazoku Nikki. Love it~
No. You were suppose to get that Kyoka is basically the Haruhi Suzumiya of crack 3nodding

Err, I did research, and sorry to burst your bubble. The Jellyfish can float, change colors depending on mood...and talk. The lion is just pure kick a**. I love the robot~ Yuka...is a demon and teh Gay Boy is 23 and possibly older than Oka 3nodding

I swear, it's like Haruhi Suzumiya's dream world...literally xD

I watched Golgo 13...It was entertaining at least...
Really, I don't exactly see what's so entertaining much. Guy gets out of jail for some weird reason, he gets a mission, he goes to buy the gun, does somebody while waiting, gets the gun, shoots the guy he needed to kill and walk off. That was the first ep in a nutshell.

And I was a tad confused on why he was just randomly doing some random girl out of nowhere. I mean, sure, he's a man and all, but still. It was like, "Oh, I got some time to spare. Wanna do it?" o-o;;

But the headshots were fun. I wanna see a filler episode where he goes to an arcade and pwns the FPS games ;o

-----

Library Wars and Shinra Dark are like, the only two anime I was looking forward too this semester, but I had my eye on quite a few of em.
And Yeah, I'm even getting a tad overloaded myself, watching almost every single one of them.

----

Hah, Kimikiss was a great anime with a satisfying ending. Though, I was a tad more of a Sakino fan. I also wanted the frog girls to be useful and pull off the yuri card or something D:
In the end they were useless filler @_@;;

5 cm per second probably had one of the best storytelling I've seen in an anime in forever. It was all perfect. The Kimikiss ending was no where as melodramatic though. If I remember correctly, none of those three had happy endings did they? (I didn't watch one of them, the one with the tower >.x)

And I still think Nodame Cantabile was better domokun

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:00 am
Soul Eater
Yeah, I'm already used to it after 3 viewings. She might became the next Hirano Aya.

Allison and Lillia
She's not that much of a tsundere compared to Louise or Shana. I think Allison is a perfect girl. As of right now, Allison is number one on my list with Louise and Shana following. biggrin

It might be set in the 3000s, but the scenery and appearances say something different.

Kamen no Maid Guy
Could you? I thought I was being discreet. ninja lol

Itazura na Kiss
Nice, I hope the anime quickly follows the manga.

Kyouran Kazoku Nikki
Now that I think about it, you're right. She is like Haruhi. The jellyfish can talk? No way!

So Yuka is a demon? She's a really cute demon.

Golgo 13
It's a MAN anime, kind of like 300.

You could say that about a lot of anime and movies.

He just got out of jail.. He wanted some satisfaction. Yeah, he probably picked up a girl at the men club. He's so manly that he could do the girl while sniping the terrorist out of the airplane and get a perfect headshot.

--------------

It's a good thing that my semester is almost over. April 29 and I'm done with school until the fall semester. I'll get 3 months of anime watching except I'll be working too.
-------------

Yeah, the frog girls are implied yuri. rofl
I was a Sakino and Mao fanboy. I love the ending since Mao was soooo wonderful.

Well, Kimikiss is probably one of Kasai's weaker series since Kimikiss is based on a PS2 dating sim.

I get the same feeling when watching Kimikiss. Yeah, it's no way as near the intensity that I felt when watching 5 centimeters per Second.

The Place promised in our Early Days (the tower one) had a somewhat happy ending. It's much more happy than the other two anime.

1. The Place promised in our Early Days (happy, my heart is ok)
2. 5 Centimeters per Second (kinda happy, heart cracking)
3. Voices of the Distant Star (my heart shattered)

I like Honey and Clover more than Nodame Cantabile. The ending of Honey and Clover was, IMO, perfect. It summed everything up beautifully.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:16 pm
About Soul Eater, Hirano Aya? Seriously? Soul Eater isn't that much of a brakeout role, but it's something great. She's gonna be popular, but Hirano Aya popular? Maybe Yuuko Goto popular, or Marnia Inoue popular, but I couldn't see her b Hirano Aya popular unless she really brakes out of that "shell" of hers 3nodding

About A&L, Hah, Allison is great. I'd love to have a girlfriend like that. She's not perfect in the sense, but her imperfection is what makes her perfect x3
She's probably one of the best combinations of realism with a tsundere twist to it in a lot of anime I've seen. Some tsunderes just like instantly open up to the guy they just met a week ago. Some do it randomly. At least Allison has an actual "relationship" with Will to play the role well.

About Kamen no Maid Guy, hah, of course. If I'm not mistaken isn't Like Mother, like daughter a hentai series? xP

It sounds like one though domokun

About Itazura na Kiss, it's probably going to go into anime original by the end. The manga was never finished because of the mangaka's unfortunate death sweatdrop

About Kyouran Kazoku Nikki, you seriously didn't pick up the Haruhi vibes? I felt it all over the place. At first I thought that Hirano Aya was her seiyuu as well! That or Yui Horie x3

The jellyfish has a seiyuu, so I assume she can talk. And Yuka is a demon all right. A demon that gets whipped 3nodding

About Golgo 13, I guess so. I didn't like 300 too much. The first hour was like boring as crap and the last half was just blood filled and guys without their shirts on with cgi abs. o-o;;

Meh, that kind of stuff bores me I suppose. *shrugs*
I'd rather have a plot>manly fanservice. Though, if it has both, then it's epic win *coughKaminafromTengenToppaGurrenLaganncough*

And I could see that happening x3

----
Lucky you. I'm still in high school D;
----
I know right? Everyone knew they were gonna pull the yuri card out, but did they ever do it? No. D;
Yeah, it is. I suppose he doesn't take dating sims too well?
Then again, the only animation company that does dating sims EXTREMELY well would probably have to be KyoAni x3

Ahh, I've been meaning to watch that one. Can never find it @_@
And seriously? Aww, that blows. I wanted a sad ending D:

Voices of a Distant Star was amazing. So much to be put in only one 30 minute OVA? Absolutely amazing ;o

SirBaka

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Critic 0

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:09 pm
Soul Eater
I typed "might," never said Chiaki would be the next Aya. It's a possibility. Haruhi made Aya a well-known name among the anime crowd, why can't Maka do the same for Chiaki?

Allison and Lillia
Yeah, Allison would make a great girlfriend. I was just about to say that her imperfection makes her perfect, but you beat me to it. I like how Allison isn't scared of having a relationship with Wil. If you want to sleep with me in bed, don't blush, fidget, or call me an ecchi, just get in the bed. lol

Kamen no Maid Guy
Yes, Like Mother, Like Daughter is a hentai. It's crappy though.

Itazura na Kiss
Oh, I didn't know she died. They shouldn't make marble tables. Do they make marble tables nowadays? Hope not.

Kyouran Kazouku Nikki
Nope, I didn't pick it up. The only thing going through my mind is that the anime was crazy.

The Jellyfish might have a VA, but it could only be for sounds. Like... "Plop" or "bloop" or "swoosh?" lol

Nice, sound like a familiar hentai to me.

Golgo 13
That was the point, you didn't need to think while watching.

TTGL was epic, but to say that TTGL's plot was fantastic is stretching. TTGL's plot was pretty standard.

I watched Crystal Blaze. I'm unlike whether I like it or not.
"An anime for adults with violence and sexual themes."

When I read this, I was like "Sweet! Another adult anime." After the watching the first episode, I was somewhat disappointed. There was a little violence, a little sex, and a touch of nudity so I was underwhelmed. I was expecting something much cooler. Also the anime was a lot more comedic then I thought.

For an anime that was in production for 4? years, it didn't do much. 4 years for just 12 episodes? What the hell is Studio Fantasia doing? Coming from Studio Fantasia, I was expecting -more like anticipating- a lot of fanservice.
Well, this is only episode 1 so I'm sure they can sneak in some more service. Yeah, fanservice won't make or break the show.

I like the whole premise of a detective agency. I really like it and wish more anime would be about a detective agency solving cases. The agency consists of 2 males and 2+1 females plus they have to fight against a gang of femmes fatales. Sounds nice.

Overall, the first episode didn't meet my expectation. I'll keep watching though.

I watched Amatsuki. I like it.
I like the story a lot actually. It's about a boy who flunked history so he went to a museum and entered a virtual reality thingy, when simulate feudal Japan. His virtual reality glasses broke and now he can't leave.
There he meet with one of his classmate and a sword-wielding woman.

I like feudal Japan. Hell, I like a lot of things. Let's talk about the woman.
Kuchiha, the woman, is awesome. Will we see romance between her and the main protagonist? Maybe, but I don't want any romance. Leave Kuchiha alone! Let her be single.

I like it.

--------------------
I remember when I was in high school. It was last year, I think. High school sucks.
--------------------
Clannad had a deeper story than Kimikiss. Kimikiss was a pure dating sim.

"In KimiKiss, you play as a high school boy who's just come back from a lonely summer break. Will you end your high school career having never known a kiss? You decide to spend the new school year making sure to get some lip action... The game begins with the start of the new school year and continues over one month, culminating in a school festival..."

I think J.C. Staff had to make the story up.

Clannad had an actual story.

Well, Places Promised in Our Early Days is happier than the other two. You could really see the ending as sad or happy, it depends on what you want. I say the ending was happy, but the ending still tug at your heart. You'll see what I mean if you watch it. It's sad yet happy. lol oxymoron

I don't want to spoil the ending for you so.. I won't say.

I wasn't that big of a fan of Voices when I first watched it because the ending made me extremely depressed. Extremely depressed. I don't want watch it ever again. However! I'm planning to order the Shinkai collection... Go figures..

What would be awesome if Shinkai would remake Voices again with full production team behind him. That would be awesome.

It makes me want to make an OVA too..  
~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces