Welcome to Gaia! ::

History Huggers

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who do want to live in the past! 

Tags: history, historical 

Reply Main Forum
Repeating history Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you for the iraq war?
yes
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
no
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
not sure
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:48 am
it's true  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:59 am
will it ever change?  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:37 am
not in my opinion  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:34 pm
to stop conspiracies, we must pretty much change human nature  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:42 pm
that impossiable cause u change people  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:31 pm
luvSimpson3
Hine-Keha
aoi no mizu
you're right to help others we must first help and heal ourselves. the people in Iraq were OK like it's been mentioned, and we just had to mess it up, i mean the old bush knew this was going to happen if the US went in and he did the wright thing by staying out, but his stupid son had to go in because he did not like the thought of having some people say that his family was too soft. stare

If I am hearing you correctly, you are saying that the Iraqis were OK with their dictator coming through their towns and killing any one who looked at him wrong or did not praise him enough? No, the Iraqis were not OK, they did not like what was going on but they were powerless. This is what happens when the government takes defenses away from the people. They were afraid to say the wrong thing because someone might kill them and their family. Yes, they were just dandy.
In addition, the group that was/is the 'enemy' has sworn to never give up the fight until America converts to Islam. If we leave them alone then they will certainly, without a doubt, be back on our door steps trying to bring us down. Unless we elect a spineless president who will sell us away to avoid needless fighting and bloodshed.
~~~~~~~
People don't have time to be up to date about every issue. That is why the forefathers adopted a representative democracy. Any of you want to tell me you know every issue that is going through the office of the major officials we elect.

I've heard some valid points, but there is never, and will never, be one perfect answer. Both Hobbs and Locke were correct about their view of the relationship between the government and its people. You have to balance how much you are really willing to give for the right to live in the state and how much you will allow the government to go before it is time to be replaced. Luckily, we can change our leader every four years (unless he croaks, then sooner).

It seems the response to power is self loathing. Somehow, despite all the other atrocities in the world right now, America is the armpit of the Earth because we have power and would like to keep it that way.

well, can you say that right now there is less bloodshed than before? you said that it would take a spineless president to stop bloodshed. It's not being spineless, it's being considerate, every day people are massacred, and if what you say is true about their dictator, doesn't that mean that we can exit now that he's dead? maybe if we would have left back then we would still be in hot water but not as much as now. But your absolutely right about the point that americans can't know EVERY issue. In fact there are problems we don't even KNOW about. But at this point your right, there is no perfect answer, but we have to decide, "what will do us LESS harm?". But the longer we stay, the angrier they get. While we're there they've barely made attacks on the homeland. But we can't stay forever, one day we're going to have to leave and they will come stronger than ever. So isn't it better to leave now? before more simple citizens convert to terrorists because of a dead family member. If you look back the similarities between the vietnam war and the iraq war, there are more than one...

True, like how the media told us everything we were doing over there was wrong and how we were losing the war. America never lost a war. We've just quit before it was done. I need to find this report again, I can't remember were I found it though, but this guy counted how many people were being killed by the governments in the world and would you know it, more people were killed during times of peace than during war time. Just because you cut the head off a nation doesn't mean the problem is solved. All a 'hit and run' approach would have accomplished is putting a new dictator in power with the same idea. And how do you know why people are resorting to terrorism? The ones who are getting really angry just happen to be the ones we're fighting with. The people we're fighting for were actually happy to see the Americans. And yeah, they are probably annoyed with all this too. The only way to end it all is to convert to Islam. Isolationism is not a good thing. It was one of the big reasons why America fell into the Great Depression cause people wanted to 'avoid foreign conflicts and World War I was a waste of men and money.' Funny, cause what saved us was World War II and a president who didn't bow down and ask for forgiveness from the ones who hit us. And that time was attacking a naval base. So what do you do when a civilian structure is attacked and your enemy is an organization, not a country.
~
Oh, and I must agree with you 100% about conspiracies. It is in our nature to find a way to explain events in a way we can understand. We fill in the blanks to explain what happened (lack of public information or knowledge ie. the Hindenburg disaster) or come up with alternative reasons why things went they way they did (not coming to terms with 'reality' ie. man on the moon). And I'm not even talking about this war I actually haven't heard a lot of the conspiracies for this war.  

Hine-Keha
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:00 pm
there modtly about oil and 9/11  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:40 pm
and they knew something like that was going to happen, why did they just stand by and wait for it?  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:06 pm
other parties wanted it so it was a go or no go  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:34 pm
they will sacrifice as many people as they need to acquire what they want sad  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:59 pm
u've done ur homwork  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:23 pm
not much to study.  

Tsubaki Aoi
Crew

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:19 pm
still good comment  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:21 pm
well, in that case, although i don't agree with this idea what do you guys think of the rumor that the administration knew about 9/11 before, knew they were serious, but did nothing so as to bring the nation together, that way the public is more qilling to go into a war bush needed to supply the nation's need for oil....  

WeHappyFew

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
  • Member 100

the grey seer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:06 pm
only the cherry of the ice cream  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items