Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Rules (PLEASE READ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

flyingsilverwolf12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 pm
I have a problem. See on my chara was made through yahoo rp. I can't and will not adjust it to fit diffrent standards it took me far too long to even build him up. It took me one year to finish Silver and that was through growth of him. See on yahoo where I started rping where they take it a bit more serious. * is used for action by everyone cause it is of coruse based on speed typing that is how I learned and being autistic i'm gonna be stubborn about this, but when i rp that is how i will do things. I am giving a fair warning it took me two years to learn to rp on yahoo standards I can't change.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:18 pm
Ohhhh... I know what you mean. That's the first way I learned how to RP, on another forum website. We used ** for actions and everything else was talking, and () was thinking, and OOC was defined by simply [[OOC||]]. But when I joined Gaia, people yelled at me for not RPing correctly...so I had to go about and figure out how to literately RP on my own... That's why I created this guild -- so that people won't get yelled at for that kind of thing; we can help each other OR just simply not RP. xD

You can still hang out in the guild. We have lots of members who don't RP. If you like reading/writing/anime/art/music you'll fit in just fine.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

flyingsilverwolf12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 pm
Otulissa
Ohhhh... I know what you mean. That's the first way I learned how to RP, on another forum website. We used ** for actions and everything else was talking, and () was thinking, and OOC was defined by simply [[OOC||]]. But when I joined Gaia, people yelled at me for not RPing correctly...so I had to go about and figure out how to literately RP on my own... That's why I created this guild -- so that people won't get yelled at for that kind of thing; we can help each other OR just simply not RP. xD

You can still hang out in the guild. We have lots of members who don't RP. If you like reading/writing/anime/art/music you'll fit in just fine.
Yea well cause that way of rping is actually the proper way. It is used in DnD as well as tabletop role play according to some of my friends who play tabletop role play for a living. I can role play, but I will do it the way i was taught cause i worked to hard and too long to change now and than get yelled at on yahoo for it. *This is used as a action on yahoo and most forums other than gaia*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:38 pm
flyingsilverwolf12
Otulissa

Yea well cause that way of rping is actually the proper way. It is used in DnD as well as tabletop role play according to some of my friends who play tabletop role play for a living. I can role play, but I will do it the way i was taught cause i worked to hard and too long to change now and than get yelled at on yahoo for it. *This is used as a action on yahoo and most forums other than gaia*
Really? Because all forums I've RPed in besides that first one all RP literately, like Gaia. Oh, I've done DnD before! Yeah, that's like RPG style RP. The RPing in this guild isn't RPG style; it's literate style. I think both ways are correct, it's just different types of RP. RPG is more action-oriented and for a gaming vibe, and Literate RP is more geared toward people who want to practice writing/spelling/grammar and have fun while doing it. I think both are fine, but since I love writing, I prefer Literate RP. Then again, it could be just because I am used to RPing this way now... xD;;

Anyways, are you going to stay in the guild? You don't have to RP with us literately; you can make your own RP thread in the RPG style if you wish.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

flyingsilverwolf12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:46 pm
Otulissa
flyingsilverwolf12
Otulissa

Really? Because all forums I've RPed in besides that first one all RP literately, like Gaia. Oh, I've done DnD before! Yeah, that's like RPG style RP. The RPing in this guild isn't RPG style; it's literate style. I think both ways are correct, it's just different types of RP. RPG is more action-oriented and for a gaming vibe, and Literate RP is more geared toward people who want to practice writing/spelling/grammar and have fun while doing it. I think both are fine, but since I love writing, I prefer Literate RP. Then again, it could be just because I am used to RPing this way now... xD;;

Anyways, are you going to stay in the guild? You don't have to RP with us literately; you can make your own RP thread in the RPG style if you wish.
I'll stay i was taught fast paced rp and that is why they use * in yahoo to keep it fast paced. It is quite litrate though. You would be surprised one bad spelling grammer can screw you up on yahoo. I write as well, just use a diffrent format till I complete it than i plan on switching it to where it looks like a book.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:00 pm
That's cool! Well, I hope you find something fun for you in this guild. ^_^ Let's stop chatting here and cluttering up the thread; if you want, make a thread in the Free Chat Retreat and we can chat there.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

EitaK Everlasting

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 pm
I think I'm just fail, but I've never understood why it is necessary to ask/inform the creator of the rp if you kill a character. I mean, it's important to make sure that the person playing the character is ok with it, but I never understood why the roleplay creator has to get involved. .  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:28 am
Well, I think it's just an issue of etiquette; it's just polite to inform the Creator, just in case the Creator planned for that character to have a role in the future. After all, some RPs follow a certain plot, and the Creator might be planning something, and it would be sad if the plans went to waste because the character died.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Broken_Ivy_Chan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am
O.o Ivychan shall obey the rules as long as I don't have to epically bleep out my language. Such as *%@#@ and thats all ivy has to say mew ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:17 pm
Yes. I have read the rules, and will do my utmost to behave myself. XD  

The Crossed Duck

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:48 am
Thank you~!  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff