Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply .::The Surreal Sanctuary::.
Roleplay Brainstorm Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:02 am
Yes to both? So Hellgirl IS a fan RP? What was it based on?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:00 pm
User Image
I suggest for beginners, you make some role plays that aren't so... literate? No, I can't find a word. Not so long, I guess. Just a shorter one where they can get the hang of role playing. Like, a role play where the characters move from a... burning city? to some safe place. Like a week long thing. Ha ha, I'd probably join that one. I'm not much of a writer when it comes to publicity.
-.-
User Image

high tendencies

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:46 pm
A burning city, eh? xD;; That can get...VERY literate. That's just my opinion. Hm... I personally think School/Real-life/Realistic Fiction/Nonfiction RPs are easiest for beginners. Because they can relate? No need for poetic metaphors or deep posts, or super-long...stuff. xD

I can RP at all three levels. If I try. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:28 pm
You should make one :]

As long as it's in my current interest zone, I'd join, but since I'm trying to work on making longer posts, they might be a bit long.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:36 am
Mmhm... All members are welcome to create their own threads! Just be sure to read the announcements/stickies for information on how to properly label your threads.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:30 am
I just got your invite and while I don't want to commit yet for the simple fact of slight writer's block and time I would like to offer a sort of deal.

In my guild, I'm looking for other guilds to foster out my younger characters. My main char has two twins and there will be more. What I propse simply to promote unity, loyalty and knowledge of surrounding guilds is that characters are sent off to learn of other 'kingdoms' etc. They will learn other cultures techniques and make connections with other characters. Generally the guilds will thrive within each other. Its a rough idea I have right now and I'm trying to work out the kinks but I would be more than willing to join if this would perhaps be something you would consider thinking about. There is another guild involved its one of my friends but hers isn't quite ready yet. Just kicking the idea around to a few guilds that have caught my eye  

Lady Raven Starlight

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:47 am
Hm...that's a really cool idea! It would make 'dimension travel' seem more realistic than ever, since you would have to travel between guilds. Hm... Would it be sort of like affiliates? Like we could advertise for eachother, and RP together? If so, during holidays, we could have big events in, say, Barton Town where all the guilds could meet up for a big event RP (that would only last for the week of the holiday wink ) I like your idea

(This seems random...but I got to go for a moment; I just got a huge cardboard cut. Don't ask...argh.. XD )  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:03 pm
Dude; that sounds amazingly awesome!
hahahaa.

maybe a special subforum & stuff? :]

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:40 am
Yeah! (I think our guild is beyond rich enough. biggrin Actually, the guild is richer than me... xd Hehe. I don't think I've had that much gold onhand all at once before.. XD)  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:17 am
I was thinking of creating a Vampire Vs. Vampire Hunter RP, would anybody be interested in joining?  

DarthLoki 13

Lady Raven Starlight

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:28 am
Well I was hoping not so much a dimension shift as a visit. Like travelling over land to another. My rps aren't that modern. I do have my own guild which you can get to by clicking my sig (I'm pretty sure) and then there's my thread which is the same thing as the guild just different plots are going on. Kinda confusing but can be really fun. lol.

The whole fostering idea is loosely based from books I've read by Melanie Rawn, don't know if any of you have read them but its the Dragon Prince series which is actually 6 books not 2 trilogies, because if you read the second trilogy first, its not like star wars, its incredibly confusing and without the geneology you would be so lost your head would explode. In these books (which are amazing) there are like a thousand characters and they're all names after each other. gonk

But basically when children of upper class families reach a certain age they are fostered out to learn from another side of things. Teaches humility and loyalty type deal. You know, future high prince being forced to do work like everyone else is a good thing. But anyway that's where I got the idea. I suggest to anyone reading those books, they're amazing. The first book was like 800 pages and I finished it in a week, I'd never been able to not put a book down before. But anyway I'm rambling a bit now. I hope we can work something out especially since it seems that all three of us, you, my friend and mine's guilds are all kinds dwindling for business as it were. ^_^ This could really help us  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:30 pm
Hm...I don't read them, sorry. XD;; If you think I'll be able to catch on, then I suppose we could work something out. I will try to read them (but I have a list of over 50, yes, I'm serious, of books to read. XD And the list keeps growing. There's so much I want to read, and so little time!)  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:33 pm
DarthLoki 13
I was thinking of creating a Vampire Vs. Vampire Hunter RP, would anybody be interested in joining?
I would!!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:54 pm
I'm not saying you wouldn't understand my chars at all or anything like that. They're just really good books that I actually want to sit down and try and read again.

its just where I got the idea from and use a lot of places and names form there though sometimes I switch what the char is like. I also mix them with Juliette Marillier characters because her trilogy is my absolute favorite.  

Lady Raven Starlight

DarthLoki 13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:04 pm
Otulissa
DarthLoki 13
I would!!

anyone else?  
.::The Surreal Sanctuary::.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas