Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Rant and Rave Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:21 pm
Ilik Sarver
Anyone who wants to read some bad arse fantasy novels should seriously look into the Sword of Truth series, by Terry Goodkind. The books are hardcore, really advanced and intended for a mature audience.
The series is now complete, however, so no one has to read the series and wait for more... there's like 9 books.
Go borrow Wizard's First Rule from a library if you want to check it out. Trust me, you will not regret it.

To quote Otulissa.... "Oh my Glaux!"

But to quote Raito-kun... "Oh my Kira!"

The Sword of Truth series was by far one of the best series I've ever read. And believe me... I've read A LOT of books. biggrin Terry Goodkind is a wonderful author. His Sword of Truth series are really inspiring, and I even kind of used one of his scenes from The Temple of the Winds. biggrin But not plagiarism, of course. mad

Anyways, the books are ridiculously long [that's what I love about them! heart ], and sometimes the characters give a speech several pages long, but all in all, the series is wonderful.

But to make this more into a rave...

I LOVE RICHARD RAHL! KAHLAN KICKS @$$!!! CARA IS THE BEST MORD-SITH, ALONGSIDE BERDINE! RICHARD KICKS EVEN MORE @$$ THAN KAHLAN! WHOOOOOOOOOO! RICHARD HAS KILLED MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING EVIL FAMILY MEMBERS! WHOOOOOO!! GILLER AND ZEDD ARE MY FAVORITE WIZARDS!!! [even though Harry Potter was fricken awesome, in my opinion! heart ] I LOVED WARREN BECAUSE HE WAS SO ADORABLE!!!! I REALLY DISLIKED NICCI FOR MOST OF THE SERIES! BUT SHE'S OKAY!! UMMMMMM........... ADIE WAS THE BOMB! I LOVE RICHARD'S AWESOMENESS AND HIS WONDERFUL TALENT AT BEING POWERFUL!!!! WooT!

Yeah... That's my rant for that series.... sweatdrop I'll probably add more for different books, though.... biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:51 am
"Oh my KIRA!" LOL...that's hilarious. Hey...I have a question? Can I use that in my Death Note fanfiction? XD;; Do I need to credit it to you, or something? (and if so, how do I credit things on Fanfiction.net ? XD;; I don't think they allow you to add a note like OOC or something...)  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:31 pm

Sure they do. Just tack it on at the beggining or end under a 'A/N' [author note] and then make a line before your story starts. They don't let you devote a whole chapter to A/N's though.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:58 am
Otulissa
"Oh my KIRA!" LOL...that's hilarious. Hey...I have a question? Can I use that in my Death Note fanfiction? XD;; Do I need to credit it to you, or something? (and if so, how do I credit things on Fanfiction.net ? XD;; I don't think they allow you to add a note like OOC or something...)

Hm? Well, it's not mine either. I actually read it in a fanfiction. biggrin I'm sure you don't need to credit them or anything, though. Well, it came from this [ Fanfic ]. It's pretty funny; you should read it. biggrin

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 pm
Oh...because in the rules it said that you're not supposed to have Author's Notes. XD;; Are you sure it's okay if I just do what you said? I won't get banned or anything? Has anyone else done something like that?

Oh, and I'll read it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:45 pm
Otulissa
Oh...because in the rules it said that you're not supposed to have Author's Notes. XD;; Are you sure it's okay if I just do what you said? I won't get banned or anything? Has anyone else done something like that?

Oh, and I'll read it. ^_^

Everyone puts author's notes. Seriously. Haven't you seen any? In every fanfiction I've read, I've seen them.

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:54 pm

mhmm, including in every single one of my own stories.
Not that I have that many,
but still.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:24 pm
Oh, okay. ^_^ Hm..I will put an A/N then, if I need to. XD;; I probably won't use "oh my Kira" for a while, though.

OH! And I read that fanfiction! Hehe! Was soooooo cute! I recited/retold it to my whole family, LOL. I love that song! biggrin But some of the lyrics were different from the one I know.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

SunnyNights

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:26 pm
OMG OMG OMG...I CAN'T WAIT4THE LAST BOOK OF GOGH! ARGHHHH...

*must. be. patient*

but i'm nnnoottt gonk gonk gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:55 am
I want it to come, to see what happens, but I also don't want it to come. Because once it's published...then it really HAS ended. crying It can't end! crying  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Furyal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:02 am
DJ MacHale is making a before Bobby Pendragon series like thing, of the travelers before Bobby, like Uncle Press and Spader`s father. Darnit, D.J.! Quit steering off from the tenth book! I WANT TO READ IT!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 am
I am lost. xD  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:31 pm
Brisingr was great! biggrin I personally think I liked Eldest a bit better...but Brisingr was definitely worth the wait! biggrin It was also worth buying. razz Now, there's only one book left in the Inheritance cycle. Wow... I remember when I picked up Eragon for the first time. That was oh-so-long ago! But, I love that book! I re-read it like twice! My favorite character is still Nasuada. ^_^ It has never changed. ^_~ My least favorite is still Arya. xD;; And, my favorite dragon is still Thorn. But... I used to not like any of the elves, but now I like one of them! Blodhgarm is pretty awesome! Wait, did I spell his name right...? Oops, if I didn't. Yay if I did! Anyhow, I shall stop rambling now... before it gets too long and before I accidentally spoil something.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:23 pm

ohmigosh.
I still have not read Brisingr yet.

and I've had it for like x092507082475 days.
D:

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:21 pm
You should read Brisingr soon!  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items