Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Spirit Guides/ Totems Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have any totems?
  Yesh
  No
  I don't know
  I don't belive in totems
View Results

solemnsockmonkey

5,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:18 pm
I love all kinds of animals and feel kinship to many of them, but I feel that Bear is my lifelong totem.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:11 pm
13-Spider-13
I find myself having strange dreams with a winged snake
it was a purplish red with leathery wings
Could that count as a totem, or spirit guide?

Kyreie
To find your totem, you have to trust yourself and your instincts. During meditation, think of a direction and what that direction represents. If an animal comes to your thoughts, that is your totem for that direction.

I'm not sure how to explain this, but I think that like Spider, my totems are'nt human, or plant, or any "known" animal. Some creatures that exist only on an astral plane. Kyreie's advice really helps too. North is an image of a large bat-like creature about the size of an eagle that uses it's wings like arms and pulls itself across a desert by it's wing claws, almost gliding, but like it can't quite fly. Sadly, I've never been able to astral project even though I really want to. I've tried meditating and that does'nt go so well either. The only time I can astral project is in my dreams. And by that I mean I dream that I'm astrally projecting, but I know that I'm not. I'll be myself somewhere else and then suddenly leave my body and astrally travel in my dreams. A spirit matter that I call..well I don't want to say the name, names have power, but it's not an animal, or plant, or person, or anything. It's a spirit particle that I use. Can someone give me some advice on what all of this means? please? <.<..>.> ?  

Arcaniss Vivian

GoddessAttuned

Mind-boggling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:38 pm
Honestly I know know little to almost nothing about totums.
@__@
A close friend of mine is deeply rooted in her shamanistic heritage...she attempted to explain to me once.
But its like a foreign language to me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:59 am
My totem is a coyote, he's actually directed me to the path I am today.

But you have to be careful sometimes that you don't confuse your totem with an animal spirit guide messenger who is just trying to help you get on the right path again. I've been studying it a lot and been getting accurate results.

Fieoras

Lucas Moonrose

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My "Spirit Guide" is a woman. Nymph is her name.
She is clothed in all black, which seems to billow around her like a great black fog. She is rather ghost like in appearance and her voice is airy and soothing.
She has been with me since before birth and she is the one who, I believe, put my soul back into my body after I was born.
She has been with me ever since. In forms of a Raven, a wolf and a panther.
She Aid's me in divination and can also help me tap into the minds of others.

Another Spiritual Creature is a Dragon named Amarous/Armaros. He's a great feathered serpent like Dragon, Western, with feathered wings. The Former Spelling of the Name came to me suddenly after I drew the Dragon. It was a rather odd Experience.. I had never heard the name in my life and to just come up with it was rather cool. I did a little research on the name about a month back and the closest name I found was Armaros, The name of the 11th fallen angel in the book of Enoch. I also saw that the Watchers were also refereed to as dragons. I don't know if this has a link or not, because it seems that the names are one in the same.

I am unsure of my Totems, But I do know that Ravens, Falcons, Otters, Wolves, and Dragons have a spiritual connection in my life.
Corny I know.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:56 pm
Step into the Shadows, Peer into the Mist...

The Coyote and Lynx are my spirit guides and have shown themselves repeatidly in many areas of my life. They show up in my dreams and meditations, and once went as far as to appear in my best friend's meditation. I also speak with them through my pendelum.
I know I also have some kind of predatory bird with me, but it has yet to show itself clearly to me.

I really don't know about my totems though, wolves and spiders have spiritual significance in my life.

Lamia Moonrose

6,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conversationalist 100

galIowsCalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 pm
Well I have yet to really study totems and spirit animals, but I believe i Have atleast one or two already. Once, in a dream that i had, I saw this large creature. I felt that It was female, mostly because it gave me the feeling of motherly feelings and submissivness. She had a wolfish head, horns like that of a ram, large griffin like wings, long white fur, the body of a bear, the tail of a fox, and the jaws and claws of a dragon. Now im sure the discription sounds weird but It's definatly what the animal looked like, and i had the image burned into my mind afterwards. I've drawn her many many times and I have yet to either give her a name or find out what her name is. It's very rare that I see her when i meditate, but when i do its usually when im having issues with relationships.

I'm not quite sure if she is my totem or a spirit guide, maybe shes just a product of my imagination. But I feel very close and connected with her, like im the same as she is. My personality is most like this chimera, not just one thing but many different things put together, with no classification. All the animals she's made up of are also animals that i particularly like most. I love dragons because they are so beautiful and unique, i love the cunning fox, the motherly bear, the lone wolf, the wise ram, and the proud griffin. Wether this means anything more then just a creative imaginiation im not sure, but i do know that this chimera is a large part of who i am, atleast thats how i feel about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:53 pm
I suppose Hawks are somewhat of a totem for me, in the sense I dream of them or see visions of them, or see them before major life events(like my first period or my not being an atheist anymore).

I've since realized it's because Hera is my main Goddess and she's been trying to make herself appear to me for quite a while. They're sacred to her and as the Goddess of women, it would explain why she appeared to me in that form before my first period.  

Orchidsandfractals

Pixie Pasha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:29 am
⊕--------

I'm a firm believer that your spirit guide is always changing. To match with you current life path and situation. When I attempted to contact my spirit guide some times I will get a ball of light. I've had one show himself to me as a bird before. I couldn't tell you what bird. Maybe an Eagle? They teach Spiritual Balance I think. As for a totems go I don't think I have one. Unless you count the carving of Mother Earth I have done. I tend to carry it around every where and us it in most rituals.

-------⊕

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:09 pm
I can't contact my animal spirit guide anymore unless I have someone with me. Currently everytime I do a tiger always appears and tries to kill us.... stupid tiger.  

Fieoras

Pixie Pasha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:38 pm
⊕--------

Maybe you could try a simple protection spell and use a White candle. 3nodding

-------⊕

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:19 pm
DBZ_Chi_Chi
I can't contact my animal spirit guide anymore unless I have someone with me. Currently everytime I do a tiger always appears and tries to kill us.... stupid tiger.

I'm confused. If you already know your spirit guide, and how to make contact - why would doing so produce a different animal, or an animal that's hostile to you?

Am I missing something here?  

Morgandria

Aged Shapeshifter

Pixie Pasha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:30 pm
Morgandria
DBZ_Chi_Chi

I'm confused. If you already know your spirit guide, and how to make contact - why would doing so produce a different animal, or an animal that's hostile to you?

Am I missing something here?
⊕--------

I was thinking that it might be there combined energy doing something I've never read about, but if I not the only one that this situation is new to then ..... I have no idea what to do. D":

-------⊕

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:29 pm
i was told once that my totem was an eagle *shrugs*. i have never felt any attatchment to that particular animal and i have only seen one in the wild and i've never, to my recollection, dreamt of one. oh well.  

whiporwill-o

Miharu Starfang

Skilled Magician

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:14 pm
During times of extreame stress or happiness, I always dream about wolves. They are always randomly organized dreams that bounce from setting to setting in a matter of seconds. They are odd but sometimes it feels like a message is in there somewhere. Is this normal?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games