Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Hijab Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You wear hijab?
I am a male!
25%
 25%  [ 9 ]
I wear it, and i like to wear it!
45%
 45%  [ 16 ]
I wear it, and i hate to waer it!
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
I don't wear it!
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 35

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:48 am
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Your suppose to wear a hijab as a female... its the rule, like it or not... if not a hijab then wear some thing that covers your head (hair, not face) and also boobs area and legs (you get the picture)

wait...
If i get married to my muslim man, am I obligated to wear one?
I'm in the military...wearing something like that is out of uniform...not allowed.
sorry, it's a bit off topic
it sparked my curiosity. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:22 am
have to wear one - arried or not- but its always better if WANT to wear one rather than being FORCED to wear one - married or not - but before marriage is always better, always biggrin  

spottystripes

Lily Da Bangali Rani

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:09 pm
Yeah you have to wear it... its the rules, i dont like wearing them, in fact i hate it but i still wear it cause i dont want to get any gunna (sins)  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:02 pm
Lily Da Bangali Rani
Yeah you have to wear it... its the rules, i dont like wearing them, in fact i hate it but i still wear it cause i dont want to get any gunna (sins)

....how do you get sins for not wearing something on your head?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Emperor of Mistekreuz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:03 am
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Because even hair is aurat...
Ever heard the words, "hair is female's crown"?
Hijab was made to avoid zina (illegal sexual intercourse/relation). You know how do men brains operate.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:43 am
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

Hijab was made to avoid zina (illegal sexual intercourse/relation). You know how do men brains operate.

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته

i find that even with something on the head men still don't think clearly when they see a pretty face.

it's a natural urge that can be controlled...

i still don't see how not wearing something on your head automatically makes you susceptible to engaging in fortification.

aurat? sorry, not muslim. just picked up a few arabic words here and there.

what about guys? shouldn't they wear something on their heads too? why just women? is it because we have better self-control?

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:07 pm
-keisha rayana hanaquil-
Zaaki
-keisha rayana hanaquil-
Zaaki
Soo i should protect myself from girls? lol lol lol lol lol lol

LOL zaaki.. it's not that... blaugh hmmm, actually, u should have the control for yourself. we, muslim women, are different. we do care ourselves. i should say that you should protect your sisters, mother and friends that are girls.. ryt?

I am. But what do that jilbab have to do with that?

what is jilbab? i'm sorry for because there are those terms that we don't use here in philippines.. sweatdrop

There is a pic in side 2 of a jilbab.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:18 pm
Ratri_Cat
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

i find that even with something on the head men still don't think clearly when they see a pretty face.

i still don't see how not wearing something on your head automatically makes you susceptible to engaging in fortification.

what about guys? shouldn't they wear something on their heads too? why just women? is it because we have better self-control?

I don't know what aurat means. But it's your thing. Your aurat is your personaly thing.

And mens hair is not special. They look whery good even without hair.

And men do think whery clerly when they see a covered face. Ofcurse they can still rape the girl, but that's why there supose to be a man to protect the woman.  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:38 pm
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
Emperor of Mistekreuz
Ratri_Cat
Lily Da Bangali Rani

I don't know what aurat means. But it's your thing. Your aurat is your personaly thing.

And mens hair is not special. They look whery good even without hair.

And men do think whery clerly when they see a covered face. Ofcurse they can still rape the girl, but that's why there supose to be a man to protect the woman.

so women's hair is better than men's hair? that's why they cover it up? confused
i haven't met a guy that wouldn't mind banging up a girl that was hot. didn't matter if she was covered up or not...maybe it's where I live....huh, I get covered up and I still get cat-calls and whistles...SO ANNOYING
wait...if guys are prone to raping girls from not being able to control their sexual urges, why should I let a man protect me?
I'm quite fine with learning self-defense thank you very much.
...heh, my BF isn't sure what to make of me still...he likes my fiery personality, which is so different than the daises that he knows...but he likes me to lean on him every once in a while. so i do. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:09 pm
Ratri_Cat

so women's hair is better than men's hair? that's why they cover it up? confused
i haven't met a guy that wouldn't mind banging up a girl that was hot. didn't matter if she was covered up or not...maybe it's where I live....huh, I get covered up and I still get cat-calls and whistles...SO ANNOYING
wait...if guys are prone to raping girls from not being able to control their sexual urges, why should I let a man protect me?
I'm quite fine with learning self-defense thank you very much.
...heh, my BF isn't sure what to make of me still...he likes my fiery personality, which is so different than the daises that he knows...but he likes me to lean on him every once in a while. so i do. 3nodding

Aurat is a term, which means, embarrass, women aurat would be all parts of the body except palm hands, and face. Meanwhile men is from belly button to knees.

About the way to repel men thing.... Yes. you may take that action as an alternative. But please note we are talking about universal female. Not all female capable of self-defense nor has a male to protect her.

Generally...

The prophet said “the prayer of a mistreating woman is not acceptable until she purifies herself” [Refer to Imam Ahmed, Abu Daud & Ibn Maja]. The modern scientific researches confirmed that the nakedness of women, their body displaying & their moving in an obscene shape is a disaster on them. The current statistics showed that there is a clear spread of the malignant cancer which affects the naked and displayed part of the women bodies particularly those women who dress short clothes.

It was published in the British Medical Magazine that “the melanoma malignant cancer which was one of the rare cancers is now spreading among women. The cases of this type of cancer are increasing among young women. It affects their legs. The medical publication went on saying that the main cause behind the spread of short dress & fashions which expose the body of women to the rays & light of the sun. Moreover, the transparent dress and legs gloves do not help in avoiding this type of cancer. The Medical Magazine appealed to the environment doctors to participate in collecting information about this type of cancer, because it is becoming an epidemic phenomenon.

This reminds us with the Quranic sign which says in the tongue of the obstinate unbeliever “O God, if this is indeed The Truth from Thee, Rain down on us a shower of stones from the sky, or send us a grievous penalty” [8:32].

Now the torture has come down in the form of a malignant cancer. It is caused by the exposition of women’s body to the sunrays and ultraviolet rays for a long time it affects the whole body but with different proportion. Initially, it appears as a dark; small spot on either the foot or the leg, and some times in the eye. Then it spreads all over the body. It attacks the lymph knots at the upper part of the thigh. It also attacks blood and invades the liver & destroys it. It may settle in all the organs of the body such as bones, the belly & perhaps the kidneys. If it attacks the kidneys then the patient will experience black urine as a result of inner destruction of the kidneys. It may get transferred to the child in the womb of his mother. However, this disease does not allows its patient to survive for a long time & it does not respond to surgical treatment like other types of cancers nor it responds to treatment by rays sessions like some other types of cancers. Therefore have we realized the wisdom behind Islamic legislation which aimed to protect women not only from passers by but also from a skin disease called cancer. The subject Islamic legislation called upon women to corner their bodies properly & with loose and not narrow and not transparent clothes. Therefore, Islamic uniform for women protect them from physical diseases, from teasing in the streets & from the torture of life on the judgment day.

I believe that would conclude it.
Wassalamu'alaika.  

Emperor of Mistekreuz

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:25 pm

Well I must say I believe the disagreement will go to how much clothing is too little and sexually stimulating?
I'm quite fine for dressing modestly, such as no cleavage hanging out or teeny-weeny miniskirts that show *everything* but total coverage? how is wearing a tank top or a t-shirt make you an at-risk female? Or long basketball shorts to work out in?
that sounds a bit odd to me. or I'm just not reading things correctly....

I know all about the skin cancer stuff. I'm a lifeguard. That's how I met my bf.
But skin cancer isn't limited to just women either. Men are just as capable of getting it as well. Probably a higher chance since they can get away with being shirtless in certain public areas. I agree that hanging out too much in the sun just for kicks and giggles and exposing massive amounts of skin is damaging...but I don't see why it justifies massive clothing coverage of female bodies. confused

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:35 pm
Ratri_Cat

Well I must say I believe the disagreement will go to how much clothing is too little and sexually stimulating?
I'm quite fine for dressing modestly, such as no cleavage hanging out or teeny-weeny miniskirts that show *everything* but total coverage? how is wearing a tank top or a t-shirt make you an at-risk female? Or long basketball shorts to work out in?
that sounds a bit odd to me. or I'm just not reading things correctly....

I know all about the skin cancer stuff. I'm a lifeguard. That's how I met my bf.
But skin cancer isn't limited to just women either. Men are just as capable of getting it as well. Probably a higher chance since they can get away with being shirtless in certain public areas. I agree that hanging out too much in the sun just for kicks and giggles and exposing massive amounts of skin is damaging...but I don't see why it justifies massive clothing coverage of female bodies. confused

Actually, Muslim males wearing some kind of hijab too..... You see how an Arabian male dress?

If the article up there does not enough convince you....

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not show off their beauty and ornaments except what is (ordinarily) visible thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards God, that ye may attain Bliss.

Surah 24 Verse 31

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Surah 33 Verse 59

The first reason for wearing hijab, then, is that it is a command from God. Religious Muslims - like any other religious people belonging to any revealed religion - don't feel comfortable in deliberately disobeying God! If some Muslims, despite of the semantic clarity of the Qur'anic verses, still think that this ruling is not mandatory, this will not alter the message.

We can have some Muslims who unjustly or ignorantly deny the illegality of drinking alcohol, eating pork or even committing major sins like stealing, fornicating… etc. This does not mean that such things are permitted in Islam! In Islam it is very easy to detect or judge whether a certain ruling is mandatory or not, by going back to the major sources of Islamic legislation. This we technically name as ‘shari'a’. Those sources are the Qur'an, the Holy Book of Muslims, and sunnah, which is the sayings and guiding acts of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), as stated in authentic books. So, simply this is the very same case with hijab.

Notice that this ruling of hijab, is highly esteemed among Muslim women, despite the big pressure of most regimes in the Muslim majority world to forbid it. Sometimes it is forbidden by force or women are discouraged from wearing it. The issue is seen as a means of secularizing or globalizing the Muslim states! This is, in-fact, except for two or three Muslim countries, which encourage their women to observe this ruling or at least "let it go".

The rest are on a savage war against it. Turkey is the outspoken example of such hostility, but the other regimes are not less hostile, albeit silently, towards it. Despite this fact you can find Muslim women insisting on wearing it, even if it costs them their jobs and social status ...

In fact, there is wisdom behind this heavenly command of hijab and behind Muslim women's challenge to wear it. It is that in the Islamic culture - like many other cultures - the idea of women's respectability and virtue is related, among other things, to the propriety of their dress. In Christianity for example, nuns cannot show up without their hijab. Also, regular ladies wear it while attending masses, which is a reflection of self-admission that God wants to see them this way! Also, as far as I know, in Judaism, the most religious faction amongst Jews, namely The Hassidics, have their strict rules about covering women’s bodies. Even in secular societies, some women judges have to cover their heads, during sessions, as a way to show their dignity and self-respect.

Remember that your own puritan American society, before being swept over in the 1950s, by this permissive value system, used to look with embarrassment to any woman going out to the street without her hat! Mini skirts only appeared recently together with the secular and atheist style of life that some people in the west - and the East as well - chose for themselves.

You can also tell that hijab is the way Islam neutralizes a woman's stereotyped role as a mere female, by inciting the society to deal with her as a human being away from her "extra feminine powers"! No wonder then that the majority of Muslim women refuse to let their ‘mill go with all winds’ and that they insist on keeping their Islamic identity. This is regardless of the consistent unfair criticism and sometimes satire against it. They wear hijab, not only in submission to God's order, but also because their inherent moral code is in full harmony with its philosophy.

Resource  

Emperor of Mistekreuz

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:35 pm

ah, well can't argue with religion and God's Word can I? wink

although ladies aren't forced to wear coverage on their heads at mass anymore and most nuns don't wear their head-cover thingy. In fact, most just dress modestly and look like regular people. It's only a couple of orders that do so.

But why is just dressing modestly...not complete covering up, but modest wear just plain wrong? If you're not dressing provocatively, then why should it be an issue.
or am i reading the article wrong? question question question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:54 pm
Ratri_Cat

ah, well can't argue with religion and God's Word can I? wink

although ladies aren't forced to wear coverage on their heads at mass anymore and most nuns don't wear their head-cover thingy. In fact, most just dress modestly and look like regular people. It's only a couple of orders that do so.

But why is just dressing modestly...not complete covering up, but modest wear just plain wrong? If you're not dressing provocatively, then why should it be an issue.
or am i reading the article wrong? question question question

Well.... the wisdom would be held by the divine. I have tried my best to explain why. But it appears you need another point of view. Why don't you ask your soon-to-be-husband? Because for just a regular high schooler like me, this is as far as I go, I'm afraid. I just know Allah has reasons of forbidding something and so far it has been approved by the modern science.

Wassalamu'alaika.  

Emperor of Mistekreuz

☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas