Shisuzen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:02 pm
So The saying "anything is possible" is not true ahh  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:06 pm
Wormmon
Shisuzen
Naruto is a bad influence
How so?

if your a kid your imagination is very wide very very wide so when in that case kids do whatever is on tv nd they think like they can do it

e.g.
when i was a kid i tried to be power ranger pink when i kicked my brother which i imagined him as an alien. i got scolded and grounded for watching power rangers for 10 months  

Shisuzen

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:10 pm
He was in 5th grade. He wasn't that young to think he could possibly control sand. He would've known better.

It was the parent's fault as well for allowing him to watch that. It's not a children's show. They should've sat down and watched an episode before deciding if it was okay for him to watch it or not.
But I'm sure they figured he would've known better that a cartoon is nothing more then a cartoon.

I used to play Power Rangers when I was little too. But I never kicked anybody. I knew better. There had to be something "wrong" with the kid's head to make him think he could control sand. It's like those people you hear with the violent video games. They blame the video games for the kid's actions of killing someone.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:10 pm
Shisuzen
Wormmon
Shisuzen
Naruto is a bad influence
How so?

if your a kid your imagination is very wide very very wide so when in that case kids do whatever is on tv nd they think like they can do it

e.g.
when i was a kid i tried to be power ranger pink when i kicked my brother which i imagined him as an alien. i got scolded and grounded for watching power rangers for 10 months

dont worry hon iam not blaming naruto for that incident its a bad influence but its the kid's fault  

Shisuzen

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:17 pm
Wormmon
He was in 5th grade. He wasn't that young to think he could possibly control sand. He would've known better.

It was the parent's fault as well for allowing him to watch that. It's not a children's show. They should've sat down and watched an episode before deciding if it was okay for him to watch it or not.
But I'm sure they figured he would've known better that a cartoon is nothing more then a cartoon.

I used to play Power Rangers when I was little too. But I never kicked anybody. I knew better. There had to be something "wrong" with the kid's head to make him think he could control sand. It's like those people you hear with the violent video games. They blame the video games for the kid's actions of killing someone.

Exacly! Blaming a show for your kid's actions is pointless. After all your sappost to guide and teach them not let the TV/games/or any shows "teach" your children how to act.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:21 pm
Ripper-Roo
    it's the parents' fault.
    they should have been monitoring what their kid was doing.
    it's not the tv's fault that they weren't paying attention.

still, that kid should have had more common sense. by the time you're in 5th grade, you should KNOW that you can't control sand or whatever. o__O;;
♥ ♥ ♥

Parents shouldn't have to look over their 10 year old child because he's playing in sand. And when a kid gets to a certain age, he's given more freedom and space, so the parents don't need to look over their child. In this case, as wrong as it may sound, the kid was a dumbass. Who thinks they can control sand, honestly? You don't see kids walking around thinking they can make blue beams come out of their hands yelling "KAMEHAMEHA!" rolleyes  

Wylde Style

Jareth Ri de Aislinge

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:38 am
That poor kid, to die in such a sad idiotic way.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:52 am
And to die so young too. I was always concerned in what influence Naruto would bring once it became liscenced. That goes for Bleach too. I understand all of the factors involved, but still, the fact that some of these Animes are hardcore the way they are, I would still have to say its a bit much for the youth.  

I--Tama--I

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:42 pm
I--Tama--I
And to die so young too. I was always concerned in what influence Naruto would bring once it became liscenced. That goes for Bleach too. I understand all of the factors involved, but still, the fact that some of these Animes are hardcore the way they are, I would still have to say its a bit much for the youth.

Thats why Bleach is on adult swim, but for Naruto, etc..... they need more censorship and or parents need to know about the violence, and make the disesion if they're kids are allowed to watch it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:52 pm
KazeThyKage
La Bijou
Triforce-Kun

I'm sick of people using video games, TV, anime/manga, and music as excuses for their children either being "deranged", "messed up" or just plain IDIOTIC.

My thought exacly.

Same. I mean, why do people have to blame others for their own bad? scream
Too bad for the kid though...His sixteen year old brother was there with him...I'm kind of surprised he didn't do anything quicker...So much for a bright kid and his older brother...

Thank you for agreeing.

I'm a gamer/anime freak myself, and it gets irritating to hear over and over: "It's such a bad influence, it teaches kids to be violent" da da da da da.

I used to play games as a kid. I watched some anime, You didn't see me running around and chucking Pokeballs at people or trying to do magical girl transformations, or even trying to punch someone in the gut and K.O. them.

Of course, not everyone is the same. It goes without saying though, that this child lacked common sense. I think that may be the one factor everyone in this thread agrees on.

Of course, it is also partly the parents faults. Maybe they thought their "little angel" was so trustworthy, and that they didn't need to check up on what kinds of things he was watching. Their "bright little boy" was smart enough, and the "watchful older brother" would do just that; keep watch.

[Here is a two minute break for me to finally watch said video.)

Now that I think of it, people with children who die in ways like this and then blame Tv/video games/music/books/movies/etc...they're the ones who make big shows out of it, and try to "help others" by trying to get certain books banned, or certain movies pulled from theaters...

what a sad world we live in.

Oh, and here's the full quote from Jimmy Urine of Mindless Self Indulegence.

Jimmy Urine
A warning for those of you lazy, self-absorbed and/or just plain inattentive parents>>>

All the censorship in the world won't make up for bad parenting. If your child is more influenced by our music than by mommy and daddy, both you and your offspring have much bigger problems than our lyrics. So before you go hauling us or any other artist into court, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you did the best you could. Because if you're considering taking us to court, you didn't.

Now, though he may be talking about music, if you think about it, this can apply to other areas as well.

I know at this point I may seem like sort of a jerk for saying the things I do, but I'm trying to make a point.

What is my point?

You interpret that however you wish.

Triforce-Kun

Triforce-Kun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:58 pm
La Bijou
I--Tama--I

Thats why Bleach is on adult swim, but for Naruto, etc..... they need more censorship and or parents need to know about the violence, and make the disesion if they're kids are allowed to watch it.

Lenny Bruce
It's the suppression of the word that gives it the power, the violence, the viciousness.

Again, though referring to one thing, it can be applied to many. Censorship is not the answer to the world's problems. As a matter of fact, it can add to them. Think of the wars in which the media had been censored; it was no help then.

Besides, once they start cutting out a few words here in there, maybe a bleeding wound here...then...what will happen?

It won't be long before they strip teenagers of some things, too. PG-13 movies will have the ratings cranked up to R. T-reated video games will be made M. Slowly, the world will become a place of personal Hell to the younger generation, and the only lives with any access of any sort would be that of the adults, to some extent...

Ah my, but I seem to have gone on far too long. I beg your pardon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:00 pm
There were Heroes... There are Superheroes...

You have to think this through. How often does a kid, that doesn't have any abnormal or mental problems, go and do something like this? One out of every million or so? Maybe they'll get a scraped knee, sure, but you get alot worse playing football and parents will gladly approve of that. So one kid is killed immitating a redheaded freak on TV, what's new? How many kids are injured immitating Jackass? Kthankstakeitofftvforever.
Then there was... Hancock!

Wylde Style

Wormmon
Captain

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:26 pm
La Bijou
I--Tama--I

Anime really is suppose to be for teens and adults. I hate how these kids get hurt and then the parents blame an anime they were watching. Though some Animes are watered down enough to be child friendly like Pokemon. Heh, wonder if the parents would blame Pokemon for his stupidity if he had been watching that instead.

Even kids in Japan aren't allowed to watch most of this stuff. Yuugiou is originally a violent anime and my friend went over to Japan one time, coming back to tell me the kids he met weren't allowed to watch Yuugiou because of the stuff the Japanese version has in it that the American dubs take out.  
welcome to - P o l l s P a r a d i s e - We need life! D:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff