Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Introduce Yourselves - Vol. II Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's so nice to meet you:
  introduce myself
  i like my privacy
View Results

AiRune

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:00 pm
NAME: Lis

ABOUT ME: I'm currently a student at WKU working on a degree in City and Regional Planning. My husband's in the Navy and I'm an Army veteran. We don't have any kids yet, but I'm looking forward to when we do. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a lot of work. So is holding down the fort while your husband's away cooking on a ship. Every stage of life poses it's own challenges. Anyway, I'm the type of person who strives for the delicate art of balance, while maintaining the core of who I am.

PETS: Three kitties and nursing a fourth. There's Rocky, a chubby sweetheart with a big appetite for food and games. Pixie is the tortie queen that demands your attention with gorgeous green eyes. And Raven is a mischievous black fluff ball with a white spot on his chest. The kitten will hopefully find a good home with my folks. EDIT: The kitten stayed and has been dubbed Willow. Turns out that he's a loving little monster with a nasty bite. I think Rocky taught him that.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: crafting, gardening, travel, geography, history, music, martial arts, writing, community, planning

CURRENT PATH: I claim eclectic Wicca for lack of a better term. I've picked up a lot of different things on my journey and am still trying to fit all the pieces together.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Since I was fifteen, but it's been a rough ride. Actual dedication has been three years.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: Muichimotsu. A Buddhist phrase that means, "Hold nothing." I came across it when I first started reading the manga Saiyuki. Yes, boo, hiss on silly comics. Anyway, I liked the author's interpretation of the phrase.

"If you meet Buddha, kill him. If you meet the patriarchs, kill them. Free of all, bound by nothing...you live your life simply as it is."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:31 am
NAME: Tonya
ABOUT ME: I'm currently finishing up my undergraduate degree in anthropology at WKU and I hope to soon be working on a graduate degree somewhere else. I won't know for certain where I'll be for almost another year. I'm married and my husband is also in college/works as an assistant in his department. We don't have any kids yet but, I expect that we will eventually. I'm looking forward to it myself, even if it is a few years off.
PETS: One Kitty named Astarte. Yes, after the Phoenician goddess. She is a small, gray, spastic little fluff ball and she's been part of our family for about a year.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Playing video games, watching Japanese animation, reading, especially science fiction and fantasy, studying Wicca/Paganism, traveling, cooking, hiking, camping, being outside in general, spending time with my husband and our friends and playing DnD.
CURRENT PATH: Wiccan with Celtic influences
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Just under a decade now. It'll be a decade next month, actually.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I've recently started a Pagan study group IRL with my friends and I am happy to report that it is going well.  

hyacinth hunter

violeteyes77

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:54 am
NAME: My friends call me Dwarf (I'm really short!)
ABOUT ME: I was born in the south but now obviously I've been freezing my butt off during winter, spring, and fall... I'm pretty short and my friends think that's really funny... I absolutely love to read and right now I'm working on writing a book... Oh and I absolutely love to meet new people... as long as they like me... sweatdrop
PETS: A pretty dappled-gray Arabian horse named Angel, a black cat that only likes me named Salem, and a really annoying little furball cat named Waffle...
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, writing, horseback riding, drawing...
CURRENT PATH: I have no clue... yet
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: about a year
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I am trying to study Wicca without my parents freaking out or finding out for that matter at the moment....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:18 pm
NAME: Dellanora
ABOUT ME: im sorta quiet depending on who im with. i mostly work with divination, and in that area mostly tarot
PETS: my puppy had to be put to sleep so none currently
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: computer stuff. reading. and i love to compare the artwork of different tarot decks, looking for similarities among certain cards, and stuff.
CURRENT PATH: actually im not really sure, and i hope to get help with that in the future
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: since i got my first tarot deck in DEC 2006. so about a year and a half
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: my parents are supportive, but not helpful. im looking for a guide to share what they know and help me form my views w/o forcing theirs on me. but i cant seem to find ANY witches/wiccans in houston. i know that they are here, but im not really sure where to look. [help plz?]  

Dellanora

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:21 pm
NAME: Violet or Vi
ABOUT ME: Well...I'm engaged right now with no immediate plans to get married (unless someone wants to give me a free wedding xd ). I'm a liberal and I love to learn; I can't know enough it seems. I guess if there's anything else you should probably just ask me wink .
PETS: One dog (Lhasa Apso) named Toby.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Knitting, shopping, light debate, walking my dog, reading, Paganism (especially Norse/Asatru).
CURRENT PATH: I'm an Asatru-in-training xd
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: 5-7 months now I think? Somewhere in there.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: Well, as my signature states, I can be a jerk sometimes. I don't deal well with someone making an utter a** of him/herself and will let you know it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:54 pm
Hallo, everyone. :] I'm very pleased to meet you all.

NAME: Willow. Will if you're lazy.

LOCATION: Salt Lake City, Utah. Broadcasting live from the shadow of the superstructure!

ABOUT ME: I'm a freshman student at Weber State University with plans to major in history and go on to graduate studies in either ancient or medieval history. I've not quite decided which yet. I'm somewhat socially unencumbered right now, but that's not something I enjoy. I'm looking for moorings. I'm a stereotypical Virgo and my cat is my best friend.

PETS: One giant, fluffy, orange tomcat and one ancient shih-tzu.

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: I'm borderline bibliophilic and literally read whatever I can get my hands on. I used to be an enthusiastic gardener, but I don't really have the space for it at school, and I love cooking. I do yoga and a large chunk of my spare time is spent volunteering - I don't feel right or balanced if I'm not creating something good in the world. After I get my BA, I intend to join the Peace Corps and hopefully serve in Africa.

CURRENT PATH: Solitary eclectic Wiccan. I worship within a Celtic pantheon, and generally only work with Welsh or Irish deities. I'd like to find someone to work with this year - not necessarily a coven, but at least someone to explore group rituals and energy with.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I've been studying on and off for ten years, but I've only gotten really serious about it in the past two years or so.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: Journeys end in lovers meeting, every wise man's son doth know.

Columbae

lunasif

Chatty Shapeshifter

4,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:23 pm
NAME: luna, or better lunasif (luna's too popular. stare )
ABOUT ME: well i practice rune casting in a shop on here, and im looking at other things like tarot, and some more general spells. i live in a secluded and strange part of the english country. iv had a few very strange experiences, but i wont talk unless asked, kinda rule of mine. sweatdrop it stops me from saying things i shouldn't. 3nodding i wear my heart and mind on my sleeve on the internet so i wont mean to offend anyone, i just say what i think. >.> im usually diplomatic, but i can get very annoyed......
PETS: 3 cats, about 16 fish, an eel, a few million nearly microscopic water and land mite-like-creatures in varying species, erm does a tamagotchi count? sweatdrop
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: bonsai's, creating miniature ecosystems, (i have bio domes in my bedroom! 4laugh ), carving, runes, mythology, real mythology ( ninja ), so anything to do with nature, or the supernatural.
CURRENT PATH: well im looking around to learn more, but i have a basic belief system of my own. though i like to hear about other peoples beliefs too. 3nodding
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: since about 13 when i awoke/became aware of what i could do.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: i just wana say.....thankyou for letting me in here! i was really worried i wasnt going to be allowed in. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:46 am
NAME:Magdalena (Mea)
ABOUT ME:I'm Libra and pretty much that is said about Libras is true about me (exept fashion, I hate fashion and never follow it) biggrin
PETS:dog and cat
HOBBIES/INTERESTS:music, archeology, mythologies, arts
CURRENT PATH:druidry
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED:at least 4 years- hard to draw a line
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE:
Sorry if I'm sometimes a troll, happens, but I'm trying to fight it stare ut most of time I’m not a troll, even if I sound that way I’m just curios about something and don’t know how to ask different way!

Verbeley

Fairy Fox

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:07 am
NAME: Michelle. My nickname is Micki. I also go by Losgunna Dorsha (My fairy/wiccan name)
ABOUT ME: I'm a single mom to one little boy. That takes up a lot of my time. I was raised Christian. When I first decided to be a practicing witch, I had to stay closeted. My mom was not a very understanding person. She still isn't, but she at least accepts it.
PETS: 1 cat named Apollo
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Mythology, Tart, Singing, Music, chatting, Gaia, Anime, Movies and a lot of other things.
CURRENT PATH: Solitary Eclectic
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Almost 10 years
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: If I think of something, I'll let you know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:05 pm
NAME: Maxwell Pink
ABOUT ME: I am practically a single parent of a teen and a preteen boy. I like to consider myself a writer, though what I write mostly now is fanfiction based on various animated series (both American and Japanese). Ironically, I prefer to read non-fiction. I love to learn, even if sometimes it goes over my head. smile
PETS: Two members of the feline persuasion.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS:Writing, reading, surfing the internet, crocheting and other crafts.
CURRENT PATH: Seax-Wica
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Have been studying off and on for about 30 years. Started taking it seriously about 10 years ago. Have been a practicing Seax-Wican for more than 3 years.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: Nope! It's all mine!  

Maxwell_Pink

Amita Sheera

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:08 pm
NAME: Jenny
ABOUT ME: I'm pretty plain, shy, you know. I learned about Wicca after my friend came out of the "broom" closet. She gave me a book about it so I could learn about it and not freak out. A year later, I'm still reading about it (and practicing!) and ready to embrace it.
PETS: 1 bunny, 1 chinchilla, 3 horses, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 5 fish, and 2 dwarf hampsters.
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, singing, dancing, drawing, writing, internet, video games, nature things, I also am president of my library club at school.
CURRENT PATH: Paganism (looking at Wicca/Witchcraft)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: Almost a year now
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I once began looking into Paganism, but than stopped after an event. But ever since I left it, I could never feel right. I was empty. Luckily, I have once again come back to it, feeling fullfilled and happy. My mom and two sisters (but not my step-dad) knew that I was looking at it, and were okay with it, but they don't know that I have started it back up again. I'll tell them when I'm ready.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:09 pm
    NAME: I go by my alias while on the internet; Isolde. Izzy for short.
    ABOUT ME: I first started on my path towards Wicca and Witchcraft when I discovered a longer version of the Wiccan Rede (I had already known a shorter, eight/nine-lined version) and, after reading it, I loved it. So began my library surfing. My Library has a decent selection, so I'm good in the book department. But, as for real teaching, there's almost no one here. Hence the joining of the guild.
    PETS: Before my mum and dad split and I got moved to Utah, I had two cats. But now.. zero, nothing.
    HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Reading, roleplaying, music, herbology
    CURRENT PATH: Pagan, sort of. Working towards Wicca/Witchcraft.
    HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I've been interested in Wicca for about six months now, and interested in Witchcraft for a good six years. Pretty much since I first started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer xD
    ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I was pretty much born with the mindset of a Pagan. I read the bible, yes, but it didn't make sense to me. Too many loopholes, too much relying on faith alone. But when I discovered 'Paganism', it just.. felt right. Something I could believe in, well and truly.

Kaito Daku

MoldyTofu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:47 pm
NAME:Call me pinkie or Duck... My name is probably sorta common
ABOUT ME: ...Well, I'm not sure what to put here, honestly. neutral
PETS: I have 3 dogs; Abbie(rat ter.), Hannah(sib. Husky), Chili(Brittany beagle), 4 cats; Ozzie, Mokey, Mia, Willow, And a small turtle named Yurtle. 3nodding
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Um, I like gardening, playing on gaia, Running around in my backyard to creep out the neighbor kids, playing with my pets, reading comics, trying to write legibly, and some other stuff, like learning and stuff....
CURRENT PATH: Neo/eclectic wiccan.... (Solitary, obviously...)
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: It's always been interesting to me, but I just started actually studying it in June (08 ).
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I'm verrrry new to this, so I'm sorta kinda easily confused and clueless.... But I'm learning! =D  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:22 pm
NAME: Fred
ABOUT ME: lol wut?
PETS: 1 cat, 1 dog, 1 bird
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Running for track/c-x, relaxing and doing nothing, reading horror stories, playing guitar, reading about various subjects (AKA learning new things), philosophy
CURRENT PATH: It depends on your meaning of 'path'. I'm solitary, but I practice something similar to alexandrian wicca though at the same time it is quite destinct.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: 3 years.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I might seem new and young, but I learn a lot faster than the average bear. wink  

A Scarecrow

Wheezing Autobiographer

OregonLoveShaman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:21 pm
NAME: Solomon Tahoma Asoka Gregory - just call me "Tom
User Image
ABOUT ME: Vegan, mathematician, activist/networker/paradigm shifter, conscious camper
PETS: I have a sleeping spot in the woodlands above town and relate to a multitude of animals up there
HOBBIES/INTERESTS: Dancing, cooking, naughty playful things
CURRENT PATH: Pagan Taoist; don't premise a deity, but feel an affinity with goddess and horned-god metaphors
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN STUDYING/INTERESTED: I've been studying paths since some lights went on in my head back in junior high school
ANYTHING ELSE YOU WANT TO SHARE: I'm still new to Gaia. I have AIM and Yahoo messengers to chat. Have Myspace and IMVU networks too...  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games