never too much...
  gold
View Results

Lynor Eclipse

Melodious Celebrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:43 am
Father Ippi
Lynor Eclipse
I finished The Journey by Brandon Bays a couple of weeks ago. Heh, though that's not sci-fi or fantasy.

I also finished reading the first draft of my friend's sci-fi novel last night. Her dad's a professional writer and she's really good, so I expect that her book will eventually be on shelves. It still has a lot more editing to go through (she's going through her 3rd and 4th revisions in the next month or two, then she's sending it to one of her dad's friends for professional level opinions). I'll drop by here and mention it when it comes out.

I'd like to start another book soon, but I don't think I'll have a chance until I'm finished my course (which ends June next year).
does the dad have anything published? whats his name?

Of course! I don't remember all of his books but I've read Free Will. He has one about birds that I've read some of and it's pretty funny. And there's one that's more serious that deals with WWII stuff (kinda feels like fiction despite being non-fiction, according to my friend). And there's more that he's written that I don't know much about. His name is Harold Rhenisch. He is Canadian.

His daughter's writing is quite different from his though. As you can tell, he's not a sci-fi writer, whereas, she's more along the lines of that (well, she does sci-fi, and a lot of humorous stuff).  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:53 am
I'm currently finishing Lilith Saincrow's Dante Valentine Series with To Hell and Back.

I also have finished in the past few days:
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton

Luscara

Kreya Earthsong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:18 pm
Magician: Master by Raymond E. Feist, I just finished Magician: Apprentice, those books were first published as one but then later published at two. So technically they are the first book in the trilogy.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:30 pm
Generation Dead

it's sorta a love story about zombies.  

p u p p i e s yayyy

5,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Voter 100

Indi-Scarga

Precious Darling

8,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:47 pm
The Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Any book by Ellen Kunshner I can get my hands on.

Picked up a new book- looking for the first one- Inda- if any one has information on that series I'd like to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:48 pm
Luscara
I'm currently finishing Lilith Saincrow's Dante Valentine Series with To Hell and Back.

I also have finished in the past few days:
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Blood Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton

How are the Hamilton books? I've seen them but never picked one up. Are they a good read?  

Indi-Scarga

Precious Darling

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150

The Original Communist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:50 pm
I'm currently re-reading From the Dust Returned by Ray Bradbury.
<33

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:47 am
Currently I am reading or re-reading the Last Herald Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey.

Wonderful books, I highly recommend them.  

RezRagnarok

songsilence

Original Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:08 am
I just finished The River's Gift by Mercedes Lackey and The Mark of the Cat by Andre Norton (I really, really, hope that one has a sequel. I'm gonna go search the library today sometime.) I would be reading Phantom in the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon, but I can't find it in any of my local bookstores ( T.T ) and I'm convinced I just have to look harder before going online.
I'm also currently in the middle of the Narnia series, which I pick up anytime I'm bored.

But, in truth, I'm just waiting for August 5th. Indi-Scarga knows what I'm talking about, I'm sure. wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:38 pm
I just finished re-reading the Pendragon series and I'm now about to embark on the Sevenwaters Trilogy again. After that, I think I'll be reading something by either Bronte or Faulkner. Oh, or Dickens...oh, dilema of my heart!  

Lena-domo

Indi-Scarga

Precious Darling

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:29 pm
I do and my countdown has begun! But more than that I wish to read the next one that comes out after this one. But no release date... well that I can find for it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:37 pm
Just finished the 7th harry potter and picking back up in the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles and waiting on the 3rd book in the Inheritance Trilogy  

Josette0688

Josette0688

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:43 pm
Namimai
Fallen Angel Louis
I'm currently RE-reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. I haven't gotten to many of the realyy good parts again yet, but I have gotten past Louis's siring. (which is the sexiest siring scene I have ever read!!!!!! heart )

Loved that book!!!! I've read that and The Vampire Lestate, both very very good books! I need to get the next one...
I'm not reading any books right now really...So I've been bored.
The other ones I have read are really good too! Queen of the Damned and The Tale of the Body Thief  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:10 pm
I am Currently reading " How to read literature like a professor" By: Thomas C. Foster.
Its an okay book don't get me wrong, it helps you read a book inbetween the lines.
Soon I will be reading Breaking Dawn By: Stephine Myer. Its coming out, soo excited blaugh  

xxBeautifulxxGoodbyexx

Mistress Drakkard

Shy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 pm
I am currently reading Twilight by Stephanie Meyer ^-^  
75: Science Fiction & Fantasy: Books, TV, Movies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items