Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Do you ever slip and use "txt-tlk" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever slipped and used "txt-tlk?"
  Yes, I admit.
  Never!
View Results

Oscillating Orgasm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:27 pm
soupyeh
On my phone there is an option to use Word instead of Abc. It makes typing out my words a lot better. Instead of (God I'm about to type this...) LOL I just write hehe or haha depends. The other day a group of teenagers were making cards for the old people at a nursing home and one girl asked if she can write LOL on the cards! Old People + Text Talk = what does that mean? sheesh I couldn't believe her.

A girl in my senior english turned in a one question quiz with the answer IDK. My teacher almost had an aneurism. I admit, I giggled.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:44 am
Oh man, of course. It can be incredibly entertaining. Like, uh...
lol no u i no rite roflmao omfg LOL WUT
1'// 4//350//3|2 7|-|4// '/0/ 10101

'Course, I'm usually messing around with people when I type like that.  

Tengaii

zziggystardustt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:25 pm
When I am texting on the cell phone. If I didn't It would take me forever. I need to get a phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I sometimes do use LOL or WTF.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:27 am
Well...

I must admit, I've used 'LoL' once or twice, or 'TTYL', but that's it. And only in chat rooms, where speed counts. Other than that, I want my spelling, grammar, and everything in between correct.

xXBisexual FlanXx

Dapper Genius

Explosive Effects101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:30 pm
I use Lol, FTW and WTF. I only used bad grammar when I'm texting and tired. But, other than that I use correct grammar. But my father uses text talk and I have to reprimand him.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:51 am
I generally use lol/brb/afk/lmao that's about it. Otherwise, I type out what I want to say. It's really scary to think that someone would turn in a quiz with IDK. That just makes me shake my head in disgust. I am doing an entire presentation on the 'txt tlk' and 'leet' speak for a linguistics class I am taking.  

Lily-Anne-Marie

Elanchana

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:41 pm
The most I ever slip into doing is forgetting to capitalize sentences or not putting periods after them, and that's usually only on IM. When I use txttlk/abbreviations, it's almost always on purpose.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:58 pm
Surely do not.
I even text the "preppy popular" girls that I talk to in complete, wordy sentences.

Well, then again.
If you have alot to say in one text, you sort of have to use some breed of short hand to fit it all.
It's really not the end of the world to use it when you have a very limited text space.
It's just a**l to get angry with those sorts of things.
;]

Emilem

Quotable Dabbler

6,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100

t r o p i c a l HAZARD -

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:28 am
I do it on purpose. xD Of course, it`s only when friends and I are goofing around. We`ll just be acting silly and start talking like that for the hell of it. I do use "lol" or "brb" once in a while, but never "u" or "ur" or anything like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:55 am
I admit that I use text-talk when I am texting on my phone because of the character limit. It also saves time. The only other time I use is when I'm IMing my friends, but even then I only use "LOL".  

Spanakopita

Aekea Perfectionist

11,000 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300

Wiianddsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:49 am
I must confees, I have used u sometimes, and I also use LOL and wtf quite frequently. Don't judge me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:49 pm
The only ones I will ever use are "lol", "idk", "idc".

maggoty tacos

Friendly Regular

7,650 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

egginaframe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:09 pm
Yeah, I admit that I do it when I'm tired and don't care.

Also, I use "lol" "WTF?" and "OMG" all the time because...well...I do....

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:02 pm
Eh, I slip up occasionally. When I'm talking to my friends on MySpace or something like that...

Though, for a dyslexic, I do pretty well.  

angelswolf121

Partying Codger

8,850 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:36 am
I use "txt tlk" sometimes when I'm on MSN, but that is limited to "LOL, ROFL, and Srry". I try to limit the use of the last one, though.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff