Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling
Wolf > All other characters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:05 pm
Degalon3
I specialize in Sonic, Snake, And dedede, and I gotta say, Wolf is one of the easiest to face, right up there with Olimar.

His downside is that he's hard to attack the enemy directly with. He's better at unorthadox fighting. And the landmaster is one of the easier final smashes to avoid.

Wolf's moves are stronger, but harder to use effectively. HIs blaster is borderline useless... whereas fox's doesn't flinch, Wolf's just flat never makes contact. And thank god, his landmaster is only around for like half the time the other two last.

Wolf....eh, he was kinda a pointless add, like Olimar. Sure, he's cool fanservice, but do we really need 3 variations of the same character?

I find your post to be really ironic.

First off, you use Snake (top tier) dedede (high tier) and sonic (bottom tier), only snake there has an advantage vs. wolf. I'm guessing you faced a computer, or a friend of yours who you beat with almost any character and beat him when he was wolf, gj.

Also, the order is Falco > Wolf > Fox (at the highest level of play that is), wolf's blaster is actually superior since you can't crawl under it, and his moves are typically easier to connect with. You complain about having 3 of the same character, yet ironically all 3 spacies are very different this time around.

How is his final smash even relative? Any tournament you're in that uses final smashes isn't pro whatsoever. The biggest irony though is that you call olimar and wolf pointless fanservice adds when you use Snake and Sonic. Yes, I know that a well played snake pwns face, and sonic... just kinda sucks, but the only characters who truly are not belonging to nintendo's universe in the game are Snake, Sonic, and ROB, and to a lesser extent Game and Watch.

Also, in case anyone hasn't heard by now, Wolf will most likely be somewhere between medium and high tier, I was simply saying that he > everyone because I use him the most. Also, Metaknight is truly > everyone, except DK who counters him, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:21 pm
well my cousin beat me with him, he just kept using the side a attack  

dragwarrior

Psychoace

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:28 pm
nitnit
Degalon3
I specialize in Sonic, Snake, And dedede, and I gotta say, Wolf is one of the easiest to face, right up there with Olimar.

His downside is that he's hard to attack the enemy directly with. He's better at unorthadox fighting. And the landmaster is one of the easier final smashes to avoid.

Wolf's moves are stronger, but harder to use effectively. HIs blaster is borderline useless... whereas fox's doesn't flinch, Wolf's just flat never makes contact. And thank god, his landmaster is only around for like half the time the other two last.

Wolf....eh, he was kinda a pointless add, like Olimar. Sure, he's cool fanservice, but do we really need 3 variations of the same character?

I find your post to be really ironic.

First off, you use Snake (top tier) dedede (high tier) and sonic (bottom tier), only snake there has an advantage vs. wolf. I'm guessing you faced a computer, or a friend of yours who you beat with almost any character and beat him when he was wolf, gj.

Also, the order is Falco > Wolf > Fox (at the highest level of play that is), wolf's blaster is actually superior since you can't crawl under it, and his moves are typically easier to connect with. You complain about having 3 of the same character, yet ironically all 3 spacies are very different this time around.

How is his final smash even relative? Any tournament you're in that uses final smashes isn't pro whatsoever. The biggest irony though is that you call olimar and wolf pointless fanservice adds when you use Snake and Sonic. Yes, I know that a well played snake pwns face, and sonic... just kinda sucks, but the only characters who truly are not belonging to nintendo's universe in the game are Snake, Sonic, and ROB, and to a lesser extent Game and Watch.

Also, in case anyone hasn't heard by now, Wolf will most likely be somewhere between medium and high tier, I was simply saying that he > everyone because I use him the most. Also, Metaknight is truly > everyone, except DK who counters him, lol.

Well dedede actually has a slight advantage over wolf.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:16 pm
which is what?  

dragwarrior

Psychoace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:59 pm
Well aside from chaingrabs, his waddle dees ruin wolf's laser. Which can help with dedede's ftilt. It's not much of an advantage but it's still one. He is also easily gimped when chained off the edge being a slightly heavyweight which sets up for a ftilt or bair.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:24 pm
so it would be hard for wolf try to ko dedede?  

dragwarrior

Tyhoon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:45 pm
No, he's saying that Dedede has an easy time with Wolf should the player be able to corner Wolf/push him to an edge. This is because Dedede has a range advantage against Wolf. This whole argument is made void by the fact that Wolf has better speed and field control than Dedede and can run circles around his fat a**, making reach and cornering a matter of experience and an uphill battle for Dedede.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:59 pm
I didn't say it was an easy time, just simply a slight advantage. Field control can go back and forth between the two, and yes wolf is faster that's a given. I'll be willing to record a match of me vs. nitnit and show you guys what I mean.  

Psychoace

dragwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:22 pm
but if its a war of speed then captain falcon and sonic would be a good match  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:47 pm
Psychoace
I didn't say it was an easy time, just simply a slight advantage. Field control can go back and forth between the two, and yes wolf is faster that's a given. I'll be willing to record a match of me vs. nitnit and show you guys what I mean.

I accept your challenge to a d-d-d-d-duel.  

nitnit
Captain

Psychoace

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:39 am
Make it a three stock, three min match so I can record it.

0645-6788-4175

I'm on most of the time, I've also got aim, msn, or yahoo if you wish to organize it better. My lag differs also sometimes I have none and sometimes it just drops me all together but here recently it's been fine.

I'm pretty sure we all know what stages are banned, well that are hazards at least?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:02 pm
lemme guess one of u guys gonna use wolf and the other dedede?  

dragwarrior

Psychoace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:30 am
Yes to prove my assumption.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:11 pm
who won?  

dragwarrior

Psychoace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:35 pm
I'm still waiting on a reply from him and hopefully we'll have a video up as well.  
Super Smash Bros. Discussion and Battling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff