Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply --○Lake of Dormancy○--
Richards v Nixons [School/Beginner-Advanced] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:40 am

||OoC: I'm not sure if there are uniforms, so I'll just be general about it for now, until my next post.||

A slender hand launched out of the blanket to hit the alarm just as it started to beep at 6:30. Still, the alarm beeped offendingly, and the hand was forced to pick up the alarm and throw it across the room. Shattering glass told Faraday that she had aimed wrong. The blankets had, of course, blinded her. Since there was no mirror or glass ornaments in her room, the only thing that could be broken was--

"The window!" someone shrieked. Faraday groaned. Her mother. Why the hell was she up so early? A hand shook the comatose girl roughly. Faraday growled and smacked the hand away.

"Go'way," Faraday muttered. She loved her mother dearly, but sometimes...

"Faraday," her mother huffed angrily. "Get up. It's 6:30, and you need to get up. You'll be late to school!"

At the mention of school, Faraday scowled under the blankets. Today was going to be horrible. All those horrid Nixon students would be at her school starting today. Why, oh why, did God punish her so?

"Por díos," Faraday muttered. Hearing footsteps padding away, Faraday assumed her mother was gone. Peeking out of the covers, Faraday discovered she was right. Whew.

Sighing deeply, Faraday rolled to the side of her queen-sized bed and dropped to the floor gracefully. Meaning she fell flat on her face, entangled in her down blankets. Cursing, she pushed herself off the floor and headed toward the bathroom adjoined to her large bedroom. The blanket dragged onto the floor, but Faraday ignored it.

In the bathroom, Faraday stared at herself in the mirror. Green eyes, framed by long black lashes and wisps of her long black hair, stared back at her. She pushed her hair away and swept it into a messy bun. Thankfully, her hair was very long and didn't tangle as much as shorter hair. But it was still such a pain.

Faraday continued about her business, brushing her teeth and her hair before heading out [she always showered right before bed]. She pulled on the clothes closest to her from the walk-in closet that nearly reached the size of her room. Straightening her clothes, Faraday picked up her shoulder bag and headed toward the kitchen.

In the kitchen, her mother was already seated at the four-seater table. Faraday seated herself opposite her mother and waited patiently as a maid brought out a steaming bowl of cold cereal and set it before her. Faraday glanced to the empty seat at her right, where her father usually sat.

"Mom, where's Father?"

Her mother, Lyra, smiled brightly and sighed.

"He's off to work already, dear," she murmured. She took a delicate sip from her cup of black coffee. Faraday rolled her eyes.

"Typical."

Her mother admonished her with a simple stare. Faraday managed to look contrite while spooning cereal into her mouth.

The rest of breakfast was eaten in silence, and at precisely eight o'clock, Faraday rose from her seat and shouldered her bag before heading out of the room.

"You're window will be fixed during school, dear," her mother called mildly. "Have a good day." Faraday sighed before replying in kind.

Slipping on her shoes, Faraday sat on her stool and patiently folded her hands in her lap. A maid stepped behind her with a brush and a small hair tie. She proceeded to braid Faraday's hair and tied it with red ribbon.

"Thank you," Faraday said shortly, standing again. The maid dipped her head and held the door open for the young student. Faraday stepped outside imperiously and headed down the five steps, making sure she landed with her right foot [very OCD of her]. The chauffeur held open the door to the elegant, sleek black car ||OoC: Don't know much about car names I'm afraid.|| and Faraday slid inside. The door was shut, the chauffeur entered the car, started the engine, and they were on their way.

She stared out the window as they rode along, her eyes trailing over the expanse of trees that lined the lane that other people might call a driveway. Ten minutes later, Faraday was stepping out of the car and staring at the grand school before her.

Immediately, Faraday's diligent green eyes picked out several Nixon students, some with frightfully pink hair and some with an obvious Nixon air about them. Her nose wrinkled in her distaste. How dreadful.

Nose in the air, Faraday stalked into school, automatically heading to her homeroom class with Mrs. Termott, who was also her first period teacher. People swerved out of her way as she passed by, glaring imperiously at those who didn't move fast enough. With some glaring and short, terse words, Faraday arrived at her homeroom.

Nodding at her teacher, Faraday sat directly in front of the teacher's desk. Something here felt... not right. Her Nixon-Senses were going haywire!

Looking indignant, she glanced to her left and sure enough, there was a Nixon girl. Her mouth curled unconsciously into a sneer, but quickly let it drop. Just because she was a witch didn't mean she had to look like one, right? But she would sure act like one...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:54 am

Gwendolynn looked up, and then to her right. A new girl just sat down next to her. The girl seemed to sneer at Gwen, and then Gwen quickly looked down, suddenly more shy then before. After an awkward moment, Gwen glanced at the girl again. "Um..." she started to say. "Salutations, there!" She then looked back down at her desk. That sounded so stupid! She thought with a little tingling shiver. She clamped her mouth shut, and kept to staring at her desk. She tapped her foot nervously, and hoped the girl ignored her. She would have preferred to be invisible than acknowledged by someone whose first impression was a sneering face.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:30 pm

Faraday had been minding her own business, you know, watching the door to the room like a hawk lest another Nixon invade her homeroom. Then, all of a sudden, the Nixon seated a few desks away spoke! And since no one else was around them, that could only mean one thing... The Nixon was trying to communicate with her. Faraday managed to look scandalized as well as haughty. The girl's words sounded suspiciously like, "Salutations, there!" With an "um" before. But Faraday must have been mistaken. There was no way she could communicate with a Nixon.

So, in answer, Faraday gave the girl a flat stare. The girl seemed to be nervous for her reaction, no doubt regretting it already. Faraday gave the girl a once-over. Yup, definitely Nixon. Faraday decided she would deign to answer, though not in the way the girl would probably like.

"I'm sorry," Faraday said frostily. "I don't speak Nixon."

Faraday mused about her answer. That was probably pretty mean, and it would probably hurt the girl's feelings... Then Faraday laughed at herself mentally. She didn't care. The girl would have to prove herself to Faraday before Faraday would save her softer mean-ness for the girl. And that would never happen. How did Faraday know this? Because the girl was a Nixon.

||OoC: I feel kinda terrible, writing this. D: But I'll stick to my character.||

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:08 am

Gwendolynn looked up and stared right back at the Richard-girl as the Richard-girl gave her a flat stare. Then, Gwen's poor stomach gave a large lurch as the girl decided to speak. Gwendolynn was taken aback by the sharp, piercing words that were so full of contempt and icy cruelty. Gwendolynn mustered all of her courage, and managed to choke out a reply without much confidence: "Oh, wow...how dumb can the Richards be? They can not even speak normally? Hm... I wonder if all those rumors were true..." Her sentence was quiet, and under her breath. She obviously didn't talk back much. In fact, this was probably the first time! As soon as the words left Gwendolynn's lips, she felt really guilty. And scared. That was the most bold thing she had ever done in her short, little, shy life. But, Gwen felt a need to. She

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:22 am

Hearing the girl's reply, Faraday laughed unpleasantly. True, the words were sharp enough, but words were only the head of the spear; to really inflict damage, you had to mean the words and throw the spear as hard as you can. This girl had merely nudged her. But the nudge had pricked her skin, and as the small trickle of blood ran, Faraday got pissed.

"I'll remember to be more offended when you mean the words," Faraday mocked. "It was really a good come back, but you have to put meaning into it or your words are just a rusty weapon lying forgotten in a dismal, dark corner." Faraday's eyes locked onto the girl's face. "And the only rumors that are true are the ones that say we hate Nixons, and that we'll do anything to get them expelled." With that, Faraday flashed the girl a smile that was drenched in poison before turning back to the door with a cold gleam in her eye. She half-hoped the girl would reply; it would give her opportunity to lash at her more. A small voice niggled at the back of Faraday's mind, quietly reprimanding her for her cruel words. Faraday listened dispassionately for a moment before quickly putting the voice out of its misery.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:42 am

Gwendolynn knew that she probably didn't sound that mean while insulting the other girl. She was really angry at the girl next to her for insulting, smiting, and generally being downright cruel to her. Gwendolynn felt that she should throw an acidic comeback right back at the mean girl, but she held her tongue. Gwen decided to keep her angry emotions to herself, and she clasped her hands together on her lap, tightening and tightening as she leaned back in her desk's chair as gently as she could, attempting to seem calm, cool, quiet, but not shy. Her anger at being smited at soon turned to a sort of depressed sadness. She was sad that she seemed like such a pitiful, spineless person. She was overwhelmed with self-pity, and wished Charlie was there. Charlie would know what to do. She was always so happy-go-lucky and optimistic; Gwen could be bubbly, but only with her brother and maybe friends, or on a particularly good day.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:08 am

Faraday tensed as she heard the girl move slightly. But no verbal attacks came her way. Faraday was slightly disappointed. If the girl had spoken again, this time with more force, Faraday might have garnered a small amount of respect for her, though she was infinitesimally impressed. But, of course, the Nixon girl had retreated to lick her wounds and nurse her anger. Faraday did not have time for such people; she needed people to stand up for themselves and chuck aside any fear for her. Otherwise, they were just... nothing. Faraday could not bring herself to like or respect someone who did not stand up for herself.

Sighing quietly to herself, Faraday shifted her attention to the front of the room as the bell for homeroom rang. She found Mrs. Termott watching her and wondered if the teacher had overheard their words. If she had, Faraday was interested to know whether the teacher approved of her words or not. Though she had had Mrs. Termott as a teacher for over a semester now, she did not completely know the woman, and was still surprised every once in a while by her actions.

But one last thing before homeroom... If this new Nixon girl were to shape up and become more confident in herself, Faraday might become interested in getting to know the girl. But for now, her name would suffice. Faraday would tuck away the information into her mind for later use, or, if time proved the girl to be shy beyond saving, to be forgotten.

"By the way," Faraday drawled, lazily looking toward the girl to her left. "What's your name?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:32 pm
Gwendolynn watched her hands on her desk, twiddling her thumbs in a bored manner. She was taken aback when the meang girl spoke, asking for her name. She tensed up, and her eyes shot open. She looked up, this time with a fiery determination and anger that wasn't there before. What the hell?! Is this jerk toying with me, or something?! She doesn't want to talk to me, and suddenly, she asks for my name?! Gwendolynn pushed away all her shyness, and steadied the butterflies kicking and biting at her stomach, forcing herself to say something.

"You hate Nixons, yes? So, why would you need to know my name? I have no right to allow you, a high-and-mighty Richard, to know my name. You will find out during attendance, I suppose. As I shall hear of yours." Gwendolynn made sure that her voice did not shake or quiver, and that it was confident, prim, and definitely with a 'higher status' air than the bratty girl had used. Gwen was proud of herself of saying what she said. That was the bravest thing she ever did. Ever.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:10 pm

Faraday smirked, reveling in the anger the girl had directed at her. Ah, so the fire had not gone. The girl had nursed her anger well, and now here it was, back in action. She hadn’t been expecting the girl’s reaction, but it was welcome nevertheless. More than welcome, in fact. It gave Faraday some fighting material.

“Geez,” Faraday sniffled, feigning indignance. “I was only asking. You don’t have to be so rude about it.” Faraday fought the smirk rising up, giving the girl a wounded look. “I shan’t be so rude as you. Faraday Rahl, at your service.” Now she let the smirk grow on her pretty face. “At least now you can’t say you’re better than I am. You have the potential to be just as bad as I. I mean, you used just as much poison in that last statement, did you not? That is what you intended, right? Then no, you cannot say you’re better than me, a very High and Mighty Richard.”

With that said, Faraday flashed the girl a cold smile before turning to groom her hair. She pulled her long braid in front of her and stroked the end, enjoying the silky feeling. Now the girl had earned more respect, and Faraday did intend to listen for the girl’s name during attendance. This girl would be the subject of Faraday’s interest, possibly for the next few days if she kept it up. Faraday had not been lying to the Nixon; she had potential to be respected by Faraday, and perhaps somewhere in the near future Faraday would relent on her, though Faraday doubted the girl would want her friendship.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Gwendolynn glared at the mean girl silently, her stare cold and hard. She didn't want to be mean, but she had to try to fight her way to respect. She hated being looked down upon, but, Gwen supposed it was inevitable. She didn't want to be mean. At all. And, just as quickly as it came, all her courage and confidence disintegrated...dissipating into the air around her, and fluttering out of her grasp. Gwendolynn didn't care though; if it was gone, it was gone. She could go back to being her quiet, weird self. Staring down at her desk with embarrassment, Gwen struggled to keep a straight posture and avoid slumping. She stared, and stared, without blinking, without realizing that she wasn't blinking. Then, she tore her eyes away from her desk, and opened up her main binder, flipping through casually. Her schedule was tucked inside, and she read over the current day's schedule. Her first period was with her homeroom teacher, Mrs. Termott. She hoped that the mean girl wouldn't be in her class. Gwendolynn glanced up at the teacher, who was currently reading something; no doubt the attendance sheet. Gwen thought that Mrs. Termott was pretty, and nice-looking. She hoped that her English teacher wasn't just looking 'nice,' but really was nice and kind. In the past, most of Gwendolynn's teachers were all manageable, if not kind.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 pm

Faraday was not surprised when the girl did not reply. Faraday's words had made the girl out to be the bad guy, and she obviously did not like that. The girl did not want to be on the same level as Faraday. Not that Faraday could blame her. It was a pretty friendless existence for someone as snooty as Faraday, but she didn't care. She would be leaving in a year and a half, and she wouldn't ever see these people again. There were a few people she would miss, yes, but not so much that her heart would break if she never saw them again. A tendril of self-hate crept into Faraday's heart, but she immediately rebuffed it and locked it away. It was too late to turn into a sweet girl now, she reminded herself. Face it. You're Faraday the Terror of all that is shy and different.

A small, sad smile graced her lips for a moment before Faraday immediately wiped her face blank. These thoughts would not do. There was no point in reveling with those emotions. She was Faraday Rahl, the girl her parents brought her up to be, and nothing would change that.

As Mrs. Termott stood, Faraday sat up in her chair. The teacher held the attendance sheet in her hand, and now was the time to learn the Nixon's name.

The teacher went down the list, and marked down students as either here or absent. Faraday turned her face toward the girl with her green, raptor like eyes. The teacher called out Faraday's name.

"Here," Faraday said sweetly. Mrs. Termott continued on.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:55 pm
Gwendolynn's eyes brightened, and she looked at the teacher with a calm, placid face. Mrs. Termott went down the list, and then said Faraday's name. So that's the little jerk's name... Gwendolynn thought to herself. Well, it suits her... Then, soon, Mrs. Termott read out Lynn's name: "Gwendolynn Terrson."

"Here!" Gwendolynn called out softly, but loud enough for the teacher to here. She raised her hand and arm slightly, as if waving in acknowledgement of her own presence. Lynn sighed, she was here, whether she liked it or not. She had mixed emotions about this new school. Gwendolynn loved the glamorous appearance of the campus, but she didn't really like the fact that Faraday, and most likely others, were very mean...and probably potential bullies. Gwendolynn hated bullies. They made life so much worse for children, and perhaps even adults.

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Faraday's mouth widened into a predatory smile when the Nixon girl raised her hand in an endearing elementary school gesture. Ah. Gwendolynn Terrson. How wonderfully sophisticated. And inappropriate. No doubt her friends called her by some nickname, like Gwen or Lynn or something. And Faraday was willing to bet that she could successfully push Gwendolynn's buttons by calling her by said nicknames.

When Mrs. Termott finished attendance, Faraday waited until she sat down before turning to Gwendolynn with raptor eyes. The Nixon was enshrouded with an air of calmness. Faraday wondered if she could break it.

"So,, my dear Gwen," Faraday said sweetly. "My first period is in here. Please tell me we have that same class together." Her green eyes watched Gwendolynn expectantly, watching for any kind of reaction. Despite what the Nixon may think, Faraday was actually one of the nicer Richards. There were many students here that would give the Nixons more hell than Faraday would.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:52 pm
Gwendolynn watched the teacher sit down, and then averted her eyes to her binder, closing it, and then hugging it to her. Hearing Faraday's voice, Gwendolynn was a bit surprised. She struggled to maintain her cool, and look indifferent. Lynn ignored Faraday's comment, and fumed inwardly about how stupid Faraday was acting. She pretended to be deaf, and pretended not to hear Faraday at all. Instead, Gwendolynn deposited her books back onto her desk. Grabbing a pencil from her pencil case, Lynn regretted not bringing the novel she was reading at the moment along. So, she resorted to doodling on a scratch piece of paper that was at the back of her binder. She hated wasting paper, and whenever Gwendolynn printed off reports from her computer that were messed up or partial by accident, she would use those pieces of paper as scratch paper -- for doodling.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm

Faraday watched Gwendolynn ignore her; it was obvious that Faraday was infuriating the poor girl. Faraday turned her attention to her bag on the desk. She was tired of aggravating the Nixon; if she didn't fight back, Faraday couldn't have fun. So Faraday simply returned Gwendolynn's favor by ignoring her as well.

She picked through her bag, looking for something to get her through homeroom. There was that book she had been reading, The Serpent Bride, by Sara Douglass, but Faraday wasn't sure she wanted to read it at the moment. God, how she hated the author. But she simply loved her books, no matter how many freaking twists and turns it took, or how many God damned bombs it dropped on her. At that moment, Faraday hated Sara Douglass more than she hated the Nixons invading her school.

So Faraday put aside the book and instead pulled out her iPod. She inserted the Skull Candy buds into her ears and turned on her black iPod. Gently swirling her thumb around the touch pad, Faraday looked for a song she felt like listening to... Hm... The Fray, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Linkin Park... Who to listen to? In the end, Faraday settled for "Face Down," by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus.

--○Lake of Dormancy○--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff