Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
.Hack//TRILOGY sucked ((Spoiler warning)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leiux

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:00 am
Pink Plastic Ninja
User Image I don't know if I have the motivation to watch the rest of it anymore. D:
Same here. D: And those facial expressions... They scare me..  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:20 pm
It was created more for the fans, rather than make a story. The ending, I feel, was sort of an apology, since Redemption's ending was a bit ridiculous.

So, watch/finish it if you're a fan, because it is a nice movie in an artistic sense. ;P

l-Deva Pein-l

Alistor_Strange

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:39 pm
So wait, then it's true that the movie's story isn't nearly as good as the actual games then?  
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 pm
Must I quote what I said? xD
Yeah, it's really rushed, but I like the ending to the movie more than the videogame's movies.

l-Deva Pein-l

Unenlagia23

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:13 pm
The movie itself is geared toward the HaseoxAtoli pairing fanboys (and fangirls) which I expected and to that end it did very well. The fight scenes were epic (I love the Azure Flame God battle, Azure Wildflower FTW!!!) though it does seem to love EXTREME CLOSE-UPS which pop up too often for me. Over all I wasn't disappointed by the movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:38 pm
Well, I bet extreme close-ups were better than continuous
EXTREME CROTCH SHOTS  

The Slate Scholar
Crew

Procrastinatress

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:09 pm
yeah, it was pretty disappointing but I loved the graphics, especially when Haseo turned all demonic. And Atoli's degenerated form in the classroom. ^^

Yeah, but the other characters are put into the movie... you know when they're standing around in a white background. . . uh thing.

Aside from the graphics. . . I didn't find anything worthwhile there.....  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:43 pm
I actually thought it was fairly good. You have to understand that the movie is not the games. It's a movie. It's the same concept as a book-to-movie adaptation, or a manga-to-anime adaptation. Things are going to change.

The main story of .hack//G.U. revolves around 4 people: Haseo, Ovan, Shino, and Atoli. That is what the movie shows. For that storyline, the movie is an amazing addition to the .hack universe. However, if you do not want to see that storyline, you'll be disappointed. If you want the thousands of storylines that .hack//G.U. offers, yes, play the game. If you are happy with the main storyline, the movie is good.

As for the animation, I could clearly tell that it had been re-done. I'm going through the games for the fourth time now and I can assure you that while the renders look the same, there are clear differences. It's not just cutscenes from the game. If it was that, you'd see everyone else in the game.

Overall, I would give the movie an 8 out of 10. Yes, there are things that needed improved, but it was a very good movie for one plot.  

trinity_renee

KatanaHime

6,200 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:03 pm
The main problem I saw with the movie was really this:

It is impossible to cram the storyline of 3 relatively lengthy games into an hour and a half. Seriously.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:15 pm
I Finally watched it and I neither loved it or loathed it, but the sound track is amazing though.
Before these hands is beautiful.

x-Rorein

Konaru Of The Azure Rose

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:44 pm
Its worth it to watch just to say you watched it....but it was a dissapointment...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:08 pm
I liked it, actually. Quite a bit. While it left out a lot, it actually made the whole Atoli and Haseo relationship a lot more palatable because she wasn't nearly so annoying.
Less Sakaki equals better, in my opinion, anyway.
And the whole thing with Innis in Dragonbein was AWESOME. That is a great elaboration on her ability to hear AIDA.
I thought it was a little choppy at parts, and I wasn't too fond of Haseo's ability to randomly change forms whenever he was psycho (unrealistic), but otherwise quite good. And yes, the rendition of "Gentle Hands" at the end was excellent. heart
I recommend watching it, but keep an open mind. Like others have said, it is not much like the games and its not supposed to be (and really, can't be).
The lead in to LINK was an interesting addition as well... -S  

MoshiTiako

5,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers