Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
an interesting theory about the end of the books...... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you heartbroken that the series will end after only one more book?
  yes
  no
  completely and irreversebly depressed...
View Results

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:51 am
River_Tam
If it does extend beyond where Breaking Dawn ends, I don't think it will be by much - maybe an epilogue or something set farther in the future. I think the reason why his side is so much longer is because most of the books Bella spends her time wondering what Edward is up to which takes a lot less time to write about than what Edward is actually doing and thinking. I am really looking forward to reading about him reading everyone else's thoughts and hearing his reactions. I also hope that a lot of those extra pages are filled with lots of Edward back story!

your right.
i could totally see at the end of breaking dawn,
there be an epilouge with a small window of the future in it.

but that would make me that much more sad.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:49 pm
hopefully your right! edward is sooo much more interesting than bella! and bella is soooo selfish!  

Lunanymph59

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:29 pm
Tayasu Sango
Midnight Sun will be the only book in Edward's POV because she wishes everybody to understand Edward and his thoughts better. She said somewhere (I can't find it TT^TT) that there would be no point in writing a second installment because everybody would understand Edward enough.

The Q & A from the February 2007, BYU Symposium
One of the main reasons she started writing Midnight Sun (back when the plan was just to write the first chapter) was so people would understand Edward’s character better. She wanted them to understand that a vampire’s need to drink blood isn’t like, “Umm… I think I’m in the mood for cheesecake.”

(And the fact that everybody wrote their fanfics all wrong)

The FAQ you read was talking about Bella's POV and how stopping at a 3rd book would be 'unforgiveable.' She was going to stop at three:

Stephenie's FAQ
A. Outtakes, no. Why? Because I don't have anything good. I didn't cut anything major or funny this time.

Extras, not for a while. I do have a couple of fairly large extras I want to do, but I can't work on them until I'm done with book four. Eventually, I'm planning to write the story from Bree's perspective—how she met Riley, how life was amongst the newborns, how she found and lost love in the middle of the chaos, how the Volturi were involved, etc. I'd also like to write the alternate ending that I once considered for Eclipse, back when I was under pressure to end the series at three books. I'm looking forward to writing these both up, but don't hold your breath; it's going to be a while.

So now she's writing Breaking Dawn.

i found a quote in wikipedia about
breaking dawn that you may find interesting:

Author Stephenie Meyer has not yet released specific details on the storyline of the novel, but she has stated that it will be the last of the series to be written from Bella's perspective.  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:35 pm
I never thought of that.
Its really possible.
I hope it happens.  

C u r i o s i t y_x3

__Miakoda_7

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:03 pm
What an interesting theory.......
I've never really thought to much about Edward's side of the story this has made me rather optomistic though, and hopefully your theory is correct!! : 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:11 pm
Your My Brand Of Heroin

Author Stephenie Meyer has not yet released specific details on the storyline of the novel, but she has stated that it will be the last of the series to be written from Bella's perspective.

I knew that already, dear (<< talking like my friend). wink

Sigh...I really am a know-it-all. I really can't find where I read that Midnight Sun will be in one book. It might've been on Stephenie's old site (before it was re-vamped into a spiffy looking thing [Kudos to Seth])

But even though it has no mention of it ending in one, it does not mention it will continue. So it is a mystery...

And another thing: Everybody does realize Midnight Sun is Twilight--NOT the whole saga, just the one book, Twilight-- in Edward's perspective, right? It is not Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in one book (that would be like 3000 pages >__> not that that's a bad thing of course...Edward Cullen on every page)  

moffity

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 11:13 am
Tayasu Sango
Your My Brand Of Heroin

Sigh...I really am a know-it-all. I really can't find where I read that Midnight Sun will be in one book. It might've been on Stephenie's old site (before it was re-vamped into a spiffy looking thing [Kudos to Seth])

But even though it has no mention of it ending in one, it does not mention it will continue. So it is a mystery...

And another thing: Everybody does realize Midnight Sun is Twilight--NOT the whole saga, just the one book, Twilight-- in Edward's perspective, right? It is not Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn in one book (that would be like 3000 pages >__> not that that's a bad thing of course...Edward Cullen on every page)

right. midnight sun is just twilight.
but, there is no reason not to believe
that she could make, say, new moon
in edwards point of view. then she would
give it a new name. that would be much
more interesting than the real new moon.
she could make all of the books in edwards
point of view if she wanted.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:42 pm
Tayasu Sango
Your My Brand Of Heroin

heres the funny thing:
your a know-it-all,
i love to prove people wrong.

but i find you very hard to prove
wrong.

a worthy apponent,(not that we
were ever competing.)

but were very evenly matched
if i do say so myself.

Dine with the Damned

xXgoth_girl12Xx

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:27 am
Is the depressed option supposed to be the 'maybe' option?  
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:39 am
Your My Brand Of Heroin
heres the funny thing:
your a know-it-all,

wrong.

were ever competing.)

if i do say so myself.

I like proving people wrong because I'm negative about everything (and a know-it-all). I see my glass half empty (no, like 3/4 of the way empty). If you check all my guild posts, most of them are negative and start out with the words "No" and "That's impossible." TxT;;;  

moffity

Dine with the Damned

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:23 pm
Tayasu Sango
Your My Brand Of Heroin
heres the funny thing:
your a know-it-all,

wrong.

were ever competing.)

if i do say so myself.

I like proving people wrong because I'm negative about everything (and a know-it-all). I see my glass half empty (no, like 3/4 of the way empty). If you check all my guild posts, most of them are negative and start out with the words "No" and "That's impossible." TxT;;;
right. A lot of my posts end up saying something like," that's impossible" or "that couldn't happen". Very rarely do my posts say something like " maybe" or "that's cool".  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:28 pm
That would make my life uncontrollably happy. I have always wanted to see things Edward's way, but thankfully the movie will actually give us some of his views too. I can't wait for Breaking Dawn!  

Alice Brandon Cullen

Rapunzel207

6,000 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:33 pm
i wish stephenie would make up her mind and stop torturing us all and just tell us.
i heart u stephenie.... but pleez... hurry up!  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:41 am
i really hope so... that would br totaly awsome.. smile  

Midnight_Star98

kanangirl123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:34 am
Actually the reason it would be longer, is not because she intends to extend the story, its because Edward THINKS so much more than Bella. His thoughts are a lot more complicated and wordy, and therefore longer. Thats why the books would be longer.

Sorry if I bursted any bubbles.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces