Reply Dragon's Lair
The hacking help corner. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I have been
  Hacked recently.
  Hacked at some point in the past. (now recovered)
  Hacked and never got my account/stuff back.
  Never hacked. (runs off and creates emergency secondary)
View Results

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:13 pm
Uchiha Itachi III
well... you heard my story ^_^

I heard it, no one else.
Please post it here!
I am going to take all the useful stuff that is posted here and turn it in to some very useful journal entries. Your tail of woe will only add to the strength of my work in progress.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:53 pm
zann
Im Your Lucid Nightmare
i was hacked about a month ago or so...and the funny thing is is that i had JUST changed my password like 2 days before and i told NO ONE and had not used that password anywhere else...but yet i still got hacked... and it happed when i was ONLINE!!! ugh! and i found out who did it and looked at their profile and they were wearing all of my items!! rediculous i tell you!!

i have no idea why people feel the need to steal things from others... gold is sooooo easy to get on here... yeah it may take a while but still

soooo frustrating!!

that, would be a key logger, so scan for the little bastards.. or, if you use firefox, there's an addon that goes down to kernel level to encrypt your keystrokes while typing inside firefox ^^

This one

thanx much!  

WytchFaerie

7,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:24 pm
hmm, Well this is not a hack but it is a scam that seems to be floating around. A bunch of people received a PM asking for an item trade. This guy made a bunch of offers *points to posts in rant thread* I just brushed him off as an annoyance. Just be careful!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:55 pm
Arrie Warclaw
Uchiha Itachi III
well... you heard my story ^_^

I heard it, no one else.
Please post it here!
I am going to take all the useful stuff that is posted here and turn it in to some very useful journal entries. Your tail of woe will only add to the strength of my work in progress.

ok then =D
ima post in next time..  

Uchiha Itachi III

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:51 am
Thank you Itachi! biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:51 am
My Eggs~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My Babies~User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is Maha, originally AyameK. Maha was actually a mule, from AyameK. That was my first account, it got hacked back around the end of 2007, along with my Myspace, dA, Yahoo, MSN, and even Youtube and Photobucket accounts. I've still not heard anything from that one, and the report was sent well over three months ago.

Anyways, I used my Maha account and got most of my stuff back, and then I got more stuff.
But just this morning, I was browsing the CB and I saw a thread called "FREE ITEMS!!" So, I clicked on it. There was a link to their inventory, so I clicked that. I wasn't paying attention to the URL but the page looked exactly like the Gaia login page. I thought I had somehow got logged out so I tried to log back in.

Then I noticed that all my rare items and MCs were gone and my gold was quickly disappearing. And I was getting PMs from people telling me that they got to bump whatever and to please give them my items and gold and I was getting profile comments about getting permabanned. I got a warning from the mod on the GD board (how the hell that happened, I'll never know) and I was exchanging PMs with them explaining my situation. I changed my password, but I still got permabanned for account phishing, which is pure and total bull because I don't know the first thing about phishing.

Anyways, that's what happened to me. I'm waiting for a reply, but I guess I'll be waiting a while.

wahmbulance EMERGENCY wahmbulance User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ultimate Dragon Momma

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 pm
*gently pats Maha*
It will be ok. If you actually managed to tell the Gaia staff that you were hacked I am sure they will listen to you.
I am sure I would have received one of those emails if it weren't for the fact that the hacker changed my email when she took my account.
If you need anything, just ask us.
Or better yet, make a hack recovery quest in the quest thread.
We shall work to make you feel better!
(it helped with me xd )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:07 pm
And, would you all like to know how Gaia can tell if you are not a bot?
It be when you have to type the scrambled words at the bottom of a post.
I find I have to do that a lot when I am dragon walking because I am just copy and pasting.  

Arrie Warclaw
Crew

Agile Hunter

10,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100

noelle524

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm
i'm assuming i've been hacked... i can no longer access my original account [as of friday, july 8]. i've reported the hacking, but no action has been taken [or if it has, i'm unaware of it]. i didn't have a lot of gold, having just purchase an expensive item... but i did have a monthly collectible & a couple of pricey things. i never gave my password to anyone, or clicked on a popup [usually have those blocked, anyway]. after about a week of waiting for SOMETHING to be done, i created my current account/avatar/username... i have no idea when [if ever] i'll have access to my original one, tho.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:56 pm
noelle524
i'm assuming i've been hacked... i can no longer access my original account [as of friday, july 8]. i've reported the hacking, but no action has been taken [or if it has, i'm unaware of it]. i didn't have a lot of gold, having just purchase an expensive item... but i did have a monthly collectible & a couple of pricey things. i never gave my password to anyone, or clicked on a popup [usually have those blocked, anyway]. after about a week of waiting for SOMETHING to be done, i created my current account/avatar/username... i have no idea when [if ever] i'll have access to my original one, tho.

It takes Gaia a while to respond but they do respond. When I was hacked way back in October 2007, it took Gaia about 5 to 6 months to reply. But, they did reply and I got all my stuff back.

With Beady (bd004), the response time was less than that. And now, Maha the Cat (aka Maha2 and aka Ultimate Dragon Momma) just got hers back.

Be patient. It will happen for you, too.

And, welcome to the guild, noelle! biggrin  

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100

noelle524

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:33 pm
Willa-Wisp
noelle524

It takes Gaia a while to respond but they do respond. When I was hacked way back in October 2007, it took Gaia about 5 to 6 months to reply. But, they did reply and I got all my stuff back.

With Beady (bd004), the response time was less than that. And now, Maha the Cat (aka Maha2 and aka Ultimate Dragon Momma) just got hers back.

awww, thanks! i read your story, gave me some hope! i was laureen227, btw. will probably end up making that one the mule if/when i get it back, tho.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:55 pm
noelle524
Willa-Wisp
noelle524

awww, thanks! i read your story, gave me some hope! i was laureen227, btw. will probably end up making that one the mule if/when i get it back, tho.
ok, oddest thing... i just got a response about the report i filed. they said my account was banned for botting! eek helpfully, they explained what botting was, or i'd've been TOTALLY clueless! but i don't even know how to do this - or where i would begin [assuming i wanted to!]. i responded, explaining this [also added my age, which could be somewhat applicable]. hopefully i'll be believed - don't know that there's anyway i'd be able to prove something HADN'T happened! question confused  

noelle524

Willa-Wisp

Romantic Reveler

8,250 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:02 pm
noelle524
noelle524
Willa-Wisp
noelle524

ok, oddest thing... i just got a response about the report i filed. they said my account was banned for botting! eek helpfully, they explained what botting was, or i'd've been TOTALLY clueless! but i don't even know how to do this - or where i would begin [assuming i wanted to!]. i responded, explaining this [also added my age, which could be somewhat applicable]. hopefully i'll be believed - don't know that there's anyway i'd be able to prove something HADN'T happened! question confused

I think the same thing happened to Maha (aka Maha the Cat). I might want to PM her and ask her how she appealed her ban.

Curious about the age thing. By your comment, I'm guessing that you're an older Gaian (older than a 20-something)? Don't have to answer.

I myself am an older Gaian who has two 20-something sons (ages 22 and 24). That's one of the great things about the folks in this guild... no age discrimination for the young at heart! biggrin BTW, my picture is on page 6 of the Post Your Picture thread. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:19 pm
Willa-Wisp
noelle524
noelle524
Willa-Wisp
noelle524

I think the same thing happened to Maha (aka Maha the Cat). I might want to PM her and ask her how she appealed her ban.

Curious about the age thing. By your comment, I'm guessing that you're an older Gaian (older than a 20-something)? Don't have to answer.

I myself am an older Gaian who has two 20-something sons (ages 22 and 24). That's one of the great things about the folks in this guild... no age discrimination for the young at heart! biggrin BTW, my picture is on page 6 of the Post Your Picture thread. 3nodding
i think i'm on the last page. yeah, i'm actually 50 - public school teacher! ok, now going off to look at you, lol!  

noelle524

noelle524

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:35 pm
my original account has been officially un-banned!!! blaugh  
Dragon's Lair

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items