Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
"A Witch that Cannot Hex Cannot Heal" - thoughts Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think that a witch who cannot hex cannot heal?
  Yes! You cannot do one without being able to do the other.
  No! Beware the Three-fold Law!!!
  Undecided. I don't have enough experience with either. ((INSUFFICIENT DATA!))
  Huh? (Where the heck is THAT saying from?)
View Results

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:42 pm
Chrono-Trigger-2012
I do not know how to cause a headache,

You do, actually.
You're causing one right now blaugh .
Quote:
but I can get rid of a headache by taking some aspirin. I have no clue how aspirin works either.

By helping to relax the blood vessels, I think.

Quote:
The two are mutually exclusive. You can know how to hex, and you can know how to heal, but you don't need to know how to hex, to heal.

I think I tend to agree; you don't *have* to know how to do one to do the other, but it's certainly beneficial to know how to do both.

One example that comes to my mind is that one might hex or attack a tumor or cyst in someone's body; ergo they are hexing while helping to heal.

Quote:
Not to mention. There are certain oils and herbs that aren't used for hexes or any sort of malevolent spellcasting that have the property of "hex-breaking".

Look at vervain, a holy herb. It's a powerful herb for exorcising, but it's not used for manifesting.

Really? Across all magical and similar traditions? You can verify this?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:06 pm
Hrm. Well I've never had a problem with any of my healing. I don't understand the workings of it, and yet I always achieve the desired result.

I guess some people have to over analyze things to accomplish something simple.

If the desire is such, then put your will to it.

Magick = Will + Intention + Power.

If you have doubts or think you need to understand everything about what you're doing, sure, have fun with all the research involved in that. And if that helps you, then that's your forte.

But if your desire is to remove something that is there, then will it. You don't have to deconstruct something to get rid of it. If you had to think about all of that before even attempting a healing, the person you're trying to heal may get fed up and find someone else. blaugh  

Chrono-Trigger-2012

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:13 pm
Chrono-Trigger-2012
Hrm. Well I've never had a problem with any of my healing. I don't understand the workings of it, and yet I always achieve the desired result.

Doesn't that worry you, at all?

Quote:

If it works for them and is the clearest, most logical line from A to B, I'm not really seeing the problem.

Quote:

I ask genuinely, are you into Thelema? Or do you just draw some concepts from it?

Quote:
If you have doubts or think you need to understand everything about what you're doing, sure, have fun with all the research involved in that. And if that helps you, then that's your forte.

If you're going to ******** with someone else's juju or similar, yea, you'd better understand every little thing that's going on and why it's going on and how. Kind of like if I let a mechanic work on my car for me, he had better understand how everything under that hood works, and why and how. And for similar reasons I DON'T work on my car - I don't understand every little thing that goes on under that hood, and why and how.

Quote:
But if your desire is to remove something that is there, then will it. You don't have to deconstruct something to get rid of it. If you had to think about all of that before even attempting a healing, the person you're trying to heal may get fed up and find someone else. blaugh

If they want a speedy heal of questionable quality over a well thought-out heal that has more lasting power then so be it. They just weren't meant to heal then I guess blaugh . I personally wouldn't want to heal someone who demanded it in x-amount of time or less. They don't demand that doctors heal them in 6 months or less so I'm unsure why they would expect the same of holistic healing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:19 pm
Well, look at Reiki.

You don't guide the energies in Reiki. You let them guide themselves, and they'll place themselves where needed.

There isn't any need for a "thought out" healing. It happens because all life wants to return to equilibrium, even on the cellular level, it's the reason that a process called osmosis happens, also the reason we have thermodynamics and entropy.

And no, I am not into Thelema. But if you distill the rituals and spellcraft of any sort down to its basics, it comes down to will, intention, and power.

Thelema is a little to ego-gratifying for me. Reminds me too much of LaVeyan Satanism.  

Chrono-Trigger-2012

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 pm
If you don't understand what is causing a person to be sick, then you could end up doing something that will make them worse instead of better.

Let's take cancer for example...

In many spells, visualizations, what have you... green is considered to be a healing color. In general it promotes health, new growth, regeneration, etc... and odds are if someone came to you for a healing spell - green is a good choice. However in terms of cancer... green is a bad thing. You definitely don't want cancer growing -you want to banish it. However if you didn't know or understand that you were dealing with cancer, you could possibly end up killing them, instead of helping.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:24 pm
Chrono-Trigger-2012
Well, look at Reiki.

You don't guide the energies in Reiki. You let them guide themselves, and they'll place themselves where needed.

There isn't any need for a "thought out" healing. It happens because all life wants to return to equilibrium, even on the cellular level, it's the reason that a process called osmosis happens, also the reason we have thermodynamics and entropy.

Reiki practitioners most definitely direct energy during a session, often pushing and pulling energy through the body, and in and out of chakra points as necessary to get stagnant energy flowing properly. While the energy can and does go where it is needed most, it is our job to seek out areas that may need special attention and direct the energy to those specific spots.

What level training have you had?  

ncsweet
Crew

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:25 pm
Chrono-Trigger-2012

I don't think you understand the word "can". "Can" means "able to". Just because you don't do something, doesn't mean you're not able to do it.
Quote:

How does this differ between healing and hexing, then? To the extent that you can do one, but are unable to do the other?

Quote:

If you don't do research, and then ******** around with stuff like herbs, then you will need to be lucky. People have been poisoned. People have made flying ointment that nearly broke their minds. And again, if you actually consider yourself a healer but don't understand herbs, then you are a very bad healer. An irresponsible one. The type of person that the medical community hates, because they're the ones that have to clean up your messes.

Research is important. Experienced witches know this very well - and many of them started out with exactly your blazee "oh well I don't need to know what I'm doing, so long as I do it with enough oomph" attitude.

Quote:

If it takes you a week and a half to think through something, I wouldn't want you as a healer anyway. But if you just said "oh well, I don't need to know anything about your rash, here, have some aloe" and then expect everything to be hunky dory, I wouldn't want you as a healer either. You should know something about what you're treating, and how your treatments work. Seriously, what sort of terrible healers do you know?

In all honesty. Stop and understand what you are doing or you will harm yourself or someone else, regardless of what element of witchcraft you are dabbling in at the moment. Because that's what you're doing. Dabbling. And it's irresponsible.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm
Quote:
In all honesty. Stop and understand what you are doing or you will harm yourself or someone else, regardless of what element of witchcraft you are dabbling in at the moment. Because that's what you're doing. Dabbling. And it's irresponsible.

In all honesty, I think you need to look up the difference between an herbalist and a metaphysical healer.

I don't use herbs to help people because I am not a licensed herbalist, and that is ILLEGAL and considered medical malpractice. It's stupid, irresponsible, and can kill.

I understand the difference between things than can help and things that can hurt. I'm not some naive little fledgling that has just cracked open his/her book on Paganism.

I would never do something that would possibly harm the person I am working with, and I understand fully the consequences of my actions, and what might happen.  

Chrono-Trigger-2012

ncsweet
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:44 pm
Quote:
In all honesty, I think you need to look up the difference between an herbalist and a metaphysical healer.

It doesn't matter if you are working with herbs or energy, you still have to have some understanding of that which you are attempting to treat.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:45 pm
Chrono-Trigger-2012

I'm speaking of witchcraft here as a whole.

Also, did you look up "can"?

Could you please answer my question in regards to healing vs hexing? And answer Sweet's question on Reiki too, I'm interested in your level of attunement.

Quote:
I don't use herbs to help people because I am not a licensed herbalist, and that is ILLEGAL and considered medical malpractice. It's stupid, irresponsible, and can kill.

Good. I should freaking hope so too.

Quote:
I understand the difference between things than can help and things that can hurt. I'm not some naive little fledgling that has just cracked open his/her book on Paganism.

You could have fooled me. You specifically spoke against research, after all.

I hope you also understand that something that helps in a small amount can hurt if you use too much, and that something intended to help can hurt if you don't understand the situation.

Quote:
I would never do something that would possibly harm the person I am working with, and I understand fully the consequences of my actions, and what might happen.

Again, I'm speaking of witchcraft as a whole here. You NEED research in witchcraft if you expect to get anywhere, and if you expect to be safe instead of lucky.

Look how many people dabble with runes without understanding them. It makes me shudder. I take comfort in the fact that most of them don't know how to use them enough to actually, you know, use them, but it's still a concern.  

Sanguina Cruenta
Vice Captain

Eloquent Bloodsucker

Moonlite__Syren

Cunning Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:50 pm
I guess so.. for white there is black. But I think people can be better at different parts of the craft and that doesn't include just hexing and healing.  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games