Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply -•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-
♪ Music is the universal language of mankind. ♪ [A BAND Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

♪ READY TO ROCK?!? ♪
  IT'S JUICE AND JAM TIME
  I SALUTE YOU
  BRB FORGOT MY GEE-TAR
  lolwut?
View Results

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Cherry smiled good naturedly when Virgil mentioned british punk bands, and sat up. She wasn't the sort to take offense at anything, even if someone shouted something foul in her face. She watched the exchange, content to sit in the backseat for this conversation. She wasn't exactally the best with descisions. "Um, Infinite Edge was Caroline's idea, not mine. Mine were the really long random names." She giggled a bit at Hot Socket, and her blue fingernails tapped out the beat to the hot pocket commercial jingle.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:45 pm
Caroline listened to all of Rainer's ideas, and she said, "Hm...Bloody Skirmish sounds pretty cool! Night Vigil sounds mysterious...but, well, I am not going to be too picky on the name of our band. I'm just the singer, after all!" Carrie giggled a bit at Hot Socket, in unison with Cherry. She said to Cherry with a pretty smile, "You can call me Carrie, actually. My friends call me that, or Trish."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Rainer blinked. Oh. Not Cherry's. She meant to say Carrie. Cherry and Carrie. Hm. They were too alike. Therefore she would call Carrie Trish. Trish and Cherry. Okay. They weren't so alike anymore.

"Oh, sorry, I meant to say Carrie," Rainer said sheepishly. "And I'm gonna call you Trish from now on, Carrie, because Cherry and Carrie sound too much alike. And you're not just the singer. The singer is very important."

Rainer sighed. So what was the name to be?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:12 pm
Caroline replied to Rainer, "Yeah, you can call me Trish!" She smiled, and then added, "I guess you're totally right! The singer is important. Well, unless you want to be an orchestra or something...then I guess you don't need a singer." Carrie laughed at her own silly comment. "Well, every part of the band is important. It's because we're a team, right?" she said thoughtfully. "Everyone in a band has to work together, and support eachother. A band can't compose of just one person."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:10 pm
"A band can't compose of just one person."

"How would it be called a 'band' otherwise?" Virgil commented, following the whole philosophical route. "We're all equals here, and everyone's opinion is valid, and there aren't really any stupid ideas." Then he thought for a second, and winced. "Minus the Night Virgil. I'm NOT having a band named after...oh..it's night vigil isn't it?" he asked sheepishly. To make up for his mistake, he brought in a different point. "Maybe we should name ourselves after we get some material? Maybe we'll have an easier time once we have an idea where our songs are going."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:04 pm
Caroline nodded enthusiastically to Virgil's latest suggestion.

"Yes!" she crooned. "I think that'll be a good way to go at it. We should get some songs going? Well, if we do... Hm... What sort of song do you guys want to use? What will the mood be? A cheerful, happy song...or are we going for the dramatic, emotional feel? Or perhaps an angsty style?" She wondered how everything would turn out, and got a sudden adrenaline rush. Carrie's heart thumped loudly, and she felt her excitement grow by the second.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:52 pm

Okay, name time was over. On to the music. Not that that was any easier. Rainer idly tapped a drumstick on her chin, thinking. They had to make a good first song. This would be the song to inspire the rest of their music repertoire. And it had to be impressive; they would look back on this song and fondly think, That was our very first song as a band...

"Well, this song has to be special," Rainer finally said. "I mean, it's our first. I don't think this should be an angsty or emo song, but something... simply great." Her eyebrows rose. "You know what I mean? We should, I dunno, do something that maybe talks about us, or our lives, you know?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:06 am
"Hm...how about an optimistic, inspirational song? Something that many people can relate to? And perhaps an exciting, dynamic tune, and a good beat," suggested Caroline while thinking hard. She paced around in a circle, thinking. Random lyrics already popped into her head, and she thought about each segment in turn. They were all pretty...interesting lyrics. But, she didn't want to voice them just yet.

"Does anyone know who's going to write what? Who is going to write the music? I can't really write music...sorry," Carrie informed with an apologetic smile.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:59 am
"Well, this song has to be special."

"I think I've got something," Virgil said, after Carol said her piece. "It's not entirely finished, and there's no melody yet, but here's what I've got."

"Side by side we'll face the threat
In this hostile foreign land
It's the calm before the storm

[CHORUS]
Can you see the light we're going into?
It's a journey to a better world.
All you have to do is to believe
We're heading forward. And we will be kings and queens
[/CHORUS]

How many times
Do we chaff against the repetition
Straining against the faith
How many times
Do we swallow our ambition
Long to give up the same old way
Find another road to take

[CHORUS]

"...and that's all I've got." Virgil said, feeling good with his finished work, but not such for having so little done.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:38 am
((Whoa, did you write that yourself?! Those are some...awesome lyrics!!! biggrin ))

Caroline gasped, and she complimented, "Oh my God! Those lyrics are so awesome! I love the mood that they make. It's inspirational, sweet, and in a way that's not cheesy. It's deep, but not too deep to make it confusing. I like what you have so far! All we have to do to finish it is to finish writing the lyrics, and then come up with the music, and the parts for all of us to play. Well...and I sing."  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:20 am

Rainer cocked her head to the side, quietly listening as Virgil recited his lyrics. As he spoke, her eyes slowly widened, and she paused her fidgety movements. Those lyrics... Wow. Can you say inspiring?

"Virgil," Rainer breathed, staring at him wide-eyed. Her mouth broke into a grin. "Virgil! Those lyrics... they were... wonderful!" A small laugh broke from her smiling mouth. She stepped away from the drums, walked around, and joined the group on the floor, sitting across from Virgil. "How in the world did you come up with that? Those words.... they were..." Rainer trailed off, knowing there were no words she could possibly use to accurately describe the lyrics Virgil had come up with. Well, the best lyrics demanded the best music. "Does anyone else besides me know how to write music?" Rainer asked, green eyes glancing about at her fellow bandmates.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:37 am
Caroline smiled at Rainer; she completely agreed. Virgil was probably some sort of lyrical genius. Anyhow, Caroline answered Rainer's question, "Um... sorry, but I can't write music." Carrie scratched her head sheepishly. "But, I'm sure that someone else can... Virgil, can you write music? How about you, Cherry?" Caroline questioned.

((Writer's block. XD))  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:12 pm
[OOC] I was kind of hoping Irishroseh would answer before posting again. Ah well. Also, short dialogue post.[/OOC]

After listening to the praise he was getting, and trying his hardest not to let it all go to his head. Well...it mostly worked. "Thanks, gals...I didn't know if they'd just come off as cheesy or not." he shrugged it off as if it was an every day thing. "As for how I came up with them? I listen to a lot of music. It gives me inspiration. I know a few of those "friendship" songs, and gave it a bit of that 'stepping out of the mold and into our own world' type feel. I could probably write the music to go with it, but unfortunately it might take me a few days before you see anything good out of it."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:10 pm
[Gack, my bad]

Cherry smiled. "That was amazing," she said softly, and then got the urge to bring out her guitar. She resisted for a moment, instead answering Carrie's question. "Um, kinda. Sometimes. When I'm in the mood?" She gave the girl a half smile. Then she listened to Virgil for a moment before succumbing and dragging out her guitar, and plucking random chords softly. She was trying to get a melody to the words. She could work them out, but she couldn't sit there and write them, that would come later. So far, she was having no luck.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:48 am
"Oh," Caroline smiled back at Cherry. "Well, are you in the mood now?" she asked. Caroline listened as Cherry dragged out her guitar. It was a beautiful instrument. Caroline watched intently as Cherry randomly plucked at the musical chords. Caroline could be patient; she couldn't complain, considering the fact that she couldn't write music at all. If Cherry could "sometimes" write music, that was good enough for Caroline.  
-•`~The Roleplaying Realm~`•-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff