Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Why is the Dothack Series generally addicting? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:42 pm
@Bonquchko
Yeah. D; It was that extra dungeon at the end of the game I think. I died attempting to do that. I data drained too much.

@Ovan
I love that music! I think Aura's theme was prettier though. <3
I agree. GU had the prettiest places and they had the prettiest music, especially all of the lost grounds. ;D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:33 am
Ovan Reborn
I thought that the music and the Cathedral is what attracted me, then the fact of how different the show was from the rest of the ones I watched *>/> Is a HUUUUUUUGE Gundam junkie* The game's attracted me for various reasons
Infection-Quarrantine : The root towns and the areas, in particular the Holy Ground
and
G.U. had to have been the Root Towns also and the Lost grounds.
>/> I found myself pulling an Atoli when first got G.U. and going "Oh $#!T this place is pretty"

Agreed and OMG SOMEONE ELSE THAT IS A GUNDAM JUNKIE*Note: I did not start gundam with seed i started at the orginal gundam them Wing then Zeta and so on and so on and so on.  

haseo9

Mubyou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:06 am
Iliked how the beggining of Infection was in German. That's what got me hooked. Then I read something with art by Rei Idumi (Hibik's Magic), and It said she was the artist for Legend of the Twilight so I HAD to read it. Then the novels, then more...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:07 pm
ketsukutelle
Iliked how the beggining of Infection was in German. That's what got me hooked. Then I read something with art by Rei Idumi (Hibik's Magic), and It said she was the artist for Legend of the Twilight so I HAD to read it. Then the novels, then more...

I love the way German sounds. :,D Their words sound so cool.  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Mubyou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:18 pm
The word for "eraser" escapes me, but it's awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:13 am
ketsukutelle
The word for "eraser" escapes me, but it's awesome.

What is it? surprised  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Lament Moment

Devoted Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:16 am
I'd have to say .hack//SIGN. Maybe because it was the original anime series and I have always thought that the original version of something is always better. I'm not sure why.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:25 am

I got hooked after playing G.U. I was awed by its epic-ness.

Puppetry

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:13 pm
Puppetry

I got hooked after playing G.U. I was awed by its epic-ness.

GU was epic. The storyline and graphics were 10x better than IMOQ. I still like IMOQ's battle system better though. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:10 am
Sylabus
why the series is so addicting, well other than what was already said, character designs are cool, the animation smooth, the music good...oh yeah and the biggest thing: The voice overs didn't ruin the series like some other anime >.<
i agree totally but what got me was the indepth storyline and wide varity of playable characters brought together through the plot and not by just talking to them n,.,n  

koblot

Profitable Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:06 pm
koblot
Sylabus
why the series is so addicting, well other than what was already said, character designs are cool, the animation smooth, the music good...oh yeah and the biggest thing: The voice overs didn't ruin the series like some other anime >.<
i agree totally but what got me was the indepth storyline and wide varity of playable characters brought together through the plot and not by just talking to them n,.,n

Yeah, I like having lots of characters to play as. The characters looked cool and they weren't annoying. I liked almost every character in all the games, so I was never really annoyed with anyone. c:  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:33 pm
User Image

The plot is what won me.

i_love_dogs_1509

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:53 pm
Avant Mort
User Image

The plot is what won me.

The plot is amazing. It's so creative. Who wouldn't want to watch an anime about comas and an online game? cool  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:37 am
I actually found G.U.'s plot lacking in comparison to IMOQ. I guess what hooked me is the fanboy hope that they might be able to get close to everything that attracted me to the first titles while improving things. But it was sort of a let down.

So I rewatch SIGN and playthrough IMOQ again.

I will say the areas and music in G.U. were definitely top tier, even if they lacked the celtic feel of the first four games. They're good on their own though.  

[Dill]

14,425 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50

asutora

Friendly Explorer

6,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:57 am