Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:59 am
my fave is ARE you Goth?
i just look down at my cotton candy pink shirt and say Yep cuz goths love there cotton candy pink tee shirts

or

If Your Goth why Do You Where Pink?
for this i have a few ansers
#1-Omg Its Pink get it off(for little kids) then pretend to start taking my shirt off
#2-Cuz Im Cool
#3- PINK IS THE s**t

and another question(well kinda)

Q.*stare with a questioned look on face*?
A.*thumbs up sign*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:26 pm
Thankfully, now that I am out of school I don't get nearly as many silly questions. However, when I was in school, there were a ton of questions that I was asked frequently.

Are you a vampire?
Of course... I am totally a mythological being. >_>

Are you a satanist?

Why do you always wear black?

Is dressing this way a part of your religion?
Yeah... because most religions which require women to wear long skirts, are also totally cool with girls wearing all of the low-cut tops that I tend to wear. -_-

Does your family dress like you?

Do you like metal?
Of course! My preferences are silver and gold, though platinum is nice too.

Are you wearing makeup? Is that why your skin is so pale?
Have you ever heard of being of northern european lineage?

Do you stay up all night?
No, but it has more to do with a hereditary circadian rythm disorder than with anything else.

And then there are all the stupid questions I get about non-gothy things...

You're a vegan... so do you eat cheese?
No...
Milk?
No...
Eggs?
No...
Fish?
No...
Steak?
STFU ALREADY!!!
Cabbage?
How is cabbage NOT vegan? O_o

Why are you going to art school? You're not going to get a job afterwards...
At least I won't wind up being miserable and doing something which I hate with my life.

Would you like to come over to my house sometime for sex?
WTF?! EVERYONE who asks me this has been a person whom I have only known vaguely, if at all!
I REALLY hate this comment, as it is very sexist and vulgar! I am not anyone's friggin doll! >_<  

DreamerSpirit

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:46 pm
1. Do you like metal?
No, I got this Dimmu Borgir shirt at a jazz festival.
2. Are you a Satanist?
Well, this shirt may say "Religion sickens me!" but I am active at Pentecostal services. So no. I love Jesus.
3. Are you a vampire?
I was wondering why the sun felt a bit hot today.

My friend Malcolm hears much stupider questions on a daily basis. Such as, "Are you a fire witch? 'Cuz you always be wearin' red." He owns no red clothing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:41 pm
DreamerSpirit
At least I won't wind up being miserable and doing something which I hate with my life.

I've gotten this one a lot myself.

Honestly, it's pretty retarded. The art industry has grown 400% in the last 20 years, and is a $500+ billion per year industry. Getting a well-paying, reliable job in an artistic capacity isn't that hard.  

GilAskan
Crew

ffsghyanbh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:31 pm
GilAskan
DreamerSpirit

Honestly, it's pretty retarded. The art industry has grown 400% in the last 20 years, and is a $500+ billion per year industry. Getting a well-paying, reliable job in an artistic capacity isn't that hard.

Hmm...
Well, now I know it's not a suicide march to major in painting/drawing/printmaking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:36 pm
anorexic--undead
GilAskan
DreamerSpirit

Hmm...
Well, now I know it's not a suicide march to major in painting/drawing/printmaking.

More and more graphic design studios are looking for classically trained artists, so going into drawing and painting is a pretty safe bet. Not to mention the exponentially expanding video-game market, which requires character artists, animators, environment and texture designers, etc.

Printmaking is likewise pretty safe a career. Not a lot of people go into it, and a growing number of people who want to print their own T-shirts, books, magazines, whatever (in terms of design, that is) need services through which they can output.  

GilAskan
Crew

xX x0mbie Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:46 pm
I get asked if my tattoo hurts, i get asked what it mean( i guess this one doen't bother me toooo much although its the triforce pheonix and maybe just maybe there are people in this world who have no idea about the legend of zelda games X___X; wink
i get asked if all my peircings hurt
i get asked if my hair is realor "is that a wig?"(constantly)
can you walk in those shoes?
and non stop my sexual orientation gets asked about lets see i live in toronto... we're a s**t ton of black ...i must be confused or gay! auugh

thankfully highschool was over for me for like 2 years now so the questioning ceased a little bit, but i still get the select few curious humans out there who JUST HAVE TO KNOW! as if my answer will help them sleep at night!

then they're are the nicer ones who ask about it and stirke up a convo, and their questions we're actually just innocent things and they ask because they wanna do it eventually and just want to know what to expect(those people i can respect) the others who ask to be douchefags, well they can go get ******** by an icepick for all i care.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:34 pm
o.O Y u k i O.o

then they're are the nicer ones who ask about it and stirke up a convo, and their questions we're actually just innocent things and they ask because they wanna do it eventually and just want to know what to expect(those people i can respect) the others who ask to be douchefags, well they can go get ******** by an icepick for all i care.

priceless!!!! rofl rofl rofl to let u kno i am quoting that line forever more! U made my day! heart  

babykitty18

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:52 pm
Here's one I get alot.
I sit down, open my sketchbook in my lap and pull out a pencil. Someone walks up, gawps what's on the page, and asks, "Did you draw that?"
I mean, really. No, I just let some random hobo draw in my sketchbook. Looks like he draws alot, though, doesn't he?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 pm
The Goth Apple
Here's one I get alot.
I sit down, open my sketchbook in my lap and pull out a pencil. Someone walks up, gawps what's on the page, and asks, "Did you draw that?"
I mean, really. No, I just let some random hobo draw in my sketchbook. Looks like he draws alot, though, doesn't he?
Yeah I know that one. I usually tend to be sarcastic in my answer to that question.  

Laharl Part Deux

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:12 pm
Laharl Part Deux
The Goth Apple
Here's one I get alot.
Yeah I know that one. I usually tend to be sarcastic in my answer to that question.
How would one answer that question non-sarcastically? I mean, besides "Yes.".  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:53 pm
still a big fan of questions concerning how long it took to grow my hair out.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Tainted Deity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 am
Lazarus The Resurected
still a big fan of questions concerning how long it took to grow my hair out.

I get that question a lot.
Are they interested because they want to grow out their hair also?
I mean, what possible useful information could someone get from that question?

I really don't know how long it's taken me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:23 am
Since I wish to focus on becoming an Author, I do get some questions like "I thought all Goths were Artists?" ... How is an Author not an artist. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Author is also an Artist, no?

Also, yesterday, while sitting on park bench, waiting for a friend. I came up with some ideas for my fic., so I took up my notebook and started writing. Now, I don't know what was in the head of this guy or if he was joking, he shouted: "Oh my GOD! This man doesn't even speak the Devil's tongue, but he WRITES it to influence others!" I simply sighed and said "Listen, if you want God, or whoever you praise, to protect you from me, you better go now unless you wish the Devil to drag you down." Speechless he was, he ran away as if he had suddenly been caught on fire. Well, except for the screaming.  

Lucifer of Love

Desirable Sex Symbol

10,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:49 am
"Why are you so pale?" and "Why don't you get a tan?" are right up there... though since I moved to Britain, I hear this a lot less.

"If you're a goth, why don't you dye your hair?"
Um, not all goths do. I happen to like my reddish brown hair, thank you.

"Are you a vampire?"
That would explain what I'm doing out in the SUN at NOON, wouldn't it?

"Are you a witch?"
Damn, forgot to wear my pointy hat today!

"Are you a Satanist?"
I don't believe in God OR Satan. Shocking, innit?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff