Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
What games do you wish had sequels Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:08 pm
Soul Calibur IV is supposedly fixing the game engine. In SC3, blocking was far too easy to do, and a skilled player could effectively block nearly any attack. Number four is going to punish players for blocking too much by enabling critical finishes, SC4's fatalties/final smash things. Although Street fighter is better for competetive, I find SC better for regular play, its a bit easier to pick up in my opinion. And Nightmare looks pretty badass, and the addition of darth vader/yoda/secret apprentice is really cool, unnecessary, but really cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:21 pm
The addition of Yoda/Darth Vader was dumber than link/spawn/haitchi in terms of a same storyline. Sure, it's cool to see the jedi master/sith lord going at it, but that takes what potential the storyline had to be serious and meaningful in SC3 and just kills it.

Final Smashes (I dont know what SC4 is doing) are completely imbalanced... so I hope they aren't doing something to that extent.

Also in 3 there were some weird techniques that you could abuse if you were really good. I think that astaroth actually reached top tier at the end of the game's competitive cycle as a result of abusing them (like after 1 year it was out, lolol)

Unless SC4 is changed drastically the series will remain to be weak competitively, hell, SC3 is less competitive than brawl (lol)  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:35 pm
Its more fun just to play regularly, and two palyers who are decent can still make sparks fly. I', pretty sure that they only add the guest characters to get a larger fan base, I'm sure some star wars nerds out there will buy the game just for that. Guest characters never have a storyline, as far as I know.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:50 pm
They did in SC2...  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:27 pm
can you possibly think of way for darth vader and yoda to have story lines in soul calibur? Why would they want sould edge/soul calibur when they have lightsabers and the force? If they give them storyline, other than something generic, it would be incredibly stupid.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:37 pm
You just proved my point.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:42 pm
I agreed with you on that from the beginning, that is not at all what I was trying to push.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:51 pm
I'll agree that Soul Calibur has more single player modes if that's what you mean by "regular play". Then again, so does SSBB and I play the online multiplayer 90% of the time... My point is that fighting games are typically played with a friend, and I'd rather play the more balanced and developed fighting system in street fighter. SC is fun for a couple hours, but it's just really imbalanced.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:58 pm
I have always found Soul Calibur to be pretty balanced personally. But I have no proof really, so I'm pretty much done.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:55 pm
Deathguiser
I have always found Soul Calibur to be pretty balanced personally. But I have no proof really, so I'm pretty much done.

On the subject of Soul Calibur,

A while ago I picked up Soul Calibur Legends thinking " Hey Soul Calibur games are awesome lets see what this one is like".

About 20 minutes in I broke the game in half.

Glitchy Pong>Soul Calibur Legends.

Has almost nothing to do with fighting games besides maybe hack 'n slashers (if that can be counted).

If you haven't bought this game don't, if you have

A. Break it

B. If you like it do whatever its not my problem  

Muleferdan

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:57 pm
Lol my younger brother got this game, even though I told him he shouldn't. Somehow he likes it. I couldn't get into it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:00 pm
I always wanted another Wario Land....oh wait theres a thread about it MINE  

Digital Knight07

Aekea Hero

9,625 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100

Mazeyelle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:58 pm
definitely Pikmin. i want a pikmin 3 for the wii!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:10 pm
Mazeyelle
definitely Pikmin. i want a pikmin 3 for the wii!!!!!!!!!

Seconds that spontaneous(sp?) outburst.  

Muleferdan

Pay Per Cuts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 pm
I hope they announce Animal Crossing Wii.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff