Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Somking Haram - Why?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kasimir-b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:31 pm
tassan
kasimir-b
tassan
kasimir-b
you, my learned friend, obviously have never been addicted to nicotine. dont judge anyone until you have walked in their shoes. you have not said anything to justify your ability to judge anyone's recovery from an addiction. if you had been an actual smoker, or dipper, you would understand how hard it really is to quit.

as to you making an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is flawed. yes, smoking can kill. it can decreases your lung capacity, and in the long run, can cause mutations in the lungs, and can cause cancer. but a person can also use the above mentioned substances and not get cancer. note: I AM NOT ADVOCATING TOBACCO USE, but please realize, just because you do not use them, you do not have the right to automatically judge them.

Zaaki
I don't really know how tobacco looks... I toth it was some dust thingy from grass ore some other plant...

But tobacco is haram 3nodding

I really wonder how it thastes since muslims make sureside(4ever hell) because of it....

LøL i know that if i thake a smoke, then i can stop again biggrin

I am not weak like the smokers... Huh, they are too weak to stop smoking crap?

gotcha but! you didn't tell me. They dun chew tobacco? do they?

who chews tobacco? i do.

wtf does dun mean? use some form of the english language

sweatdrop i meant "They don't chew tobacco? do they?"

because you said they chew tobacco?

kasimir-b
aking an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is....

the reason i asj is because i chew  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:18 am
kasimir-b
tassan
kasimir-b
tassan
kasimir-b
you, my learned friend, obviously have never been addicted to nicotine. dont judge anyone until you have walked in their shoes. you have not said anything to justify your ability to judge anyone's recovery from an addiction. if you had been an actual smoker, or dipper, you would understand how hard it really is to quit.

as to you making an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is flawed. yes, smoking can kill. it can decreases your lung capacity, and in the long run, can cause mutations in the lungs, and can cause cancer. but a person can also use the above mentioned substances and not get cancer. note: I AM NOT ADVOCATING TOBACCO USE, but please realize, just because you do not use them, you do not have the right to automatically judge them.

gotcha but! you didn't tell me. They dun chew tobacco? do they?

who chews tobacco? i do.

wtf does dun mean? use some form of the english language

sweatdrop i meant "They don't chew tobacco? do they?"

because you said they chew tobacco?

kasimir-b
aking an assumption that smoking, or chewing tobacco is haram, (more specifically chewing), your logic in my opinon/logic is....

the reason i asj is because i chew

Yea, locks like thay chew it rofl

Ok, then i must not judge someone who's too weak to stop doing haram stuff? lol  

Zaakii

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:15 pm
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

...well usually aren't certain things haram because they can harm our health?

Whether its chewing tobacco, or smoking it via cig and cigar or whatever, it's still unhealthy and as previously stated before, causes lung cancer, can cause mouth cancer and all sorts of nasty stuff as well.

I see no judgment of others engaging this activity if you say that it is bad for any normal human's health. You're acknowledging scientific facts and countless data that has proved that engaging in those types of activities are harmful in the long run.

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:44 am
Ratri_Cat

Whether its chewing tobacco, or smoking it via cig and cigar or whatever, it's still unhealthy and as previously stated before, causes lung cancer, can cause mouth cancer and all sorts of nasty stuff as well.

I see no judgment of others engaging this activity if you say that it is bad for any normal human's health. You're acknowledging scientific facts and countless data that has proved that engaging in those types of activities are harmful in the long run.

Yup, it's haram...

I heard suger was more addicting than drugs?  

Zaakii

_rainarai_

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:06 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

Yup, it's haram...

How?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:58 am
_rainarai_
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

Yup, it's haram...

How?
I don't know if addicting it the correct term. Surgary food, sweet foods can start up a "pleasurable feeling" in our brains because they taste good. It starts up something called endorphins, which is the chemical term for "happy feeling" or "pleasurable feeling" There's receptors in our brain to receive this chemical. Certain drugs can mimic that chemical. It's not the same as the endorphin chemical, but it's SIMILAR. similar enough for our brain to try and receive it. Since it's a slighty different chemical shape than endorphines, it doesn't fit correctly in the brain receptor, and end up forcing itself in. Over time, the receptor adapts to the new chemical, and it ends up taking more and more of that foreign chemical to make you get that happy feeling, which is why people get addicted.  

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Zaakii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:48 am
Ratri_Cat
_rainarai_
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

Yup, it's haram...

How?
I don't know if addicting it the correct term. Surgary food, sweet foods can start up a "pleasurable feeling" in our brains because they taste good. It starts up something called endorphins, which is the chemical term for "happy feeling" or "pleasurable feeling" There's receptors in our brain to receive this chemical. Certain drugs can mimic that chemical. It's not the same as the endorphin chemical, but it's SIMILAR. similar enough for our brain to try and receive it. Since it's a slighty different chemical shape than endorphines, it doesn't fit correctly in the brain receptor, and end up forcing itself in. Over time, the receptor adapts to the new chemical, and it ends up taking more and more of that foreign chemical to make you get that happy feeling, which is why people get addicted.

Aha, i diden't know that 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:39 am
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat
_rainarai_
Zaaki
Ratri_Cat

Yup, it's haram...

How?

Aha, i diden't know that 3nodding

i did not knew that much either - thanks for the clarification  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:38 am
dark__sunshin
Salam aleikum
Brothers and sisters I would like to share this article with you.Ive seen a lot of discussions on this subject .But this is just a reminder,on how much smoking can affect somebody's health and why it is haram ...

The declaration that "There is no God Worthy of being worshipped except Allah & that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah", demands that the Muslim accepts the Decrees set by Allah and by His Messenger-Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)

Islam is a Revelation from Allah with a complete code of life. It tells what is good and what is evil: Allah says in the Holy Quran: And We have shown him (man) the two ways (good and evil). (Quran 90/10)

He allows them all that is good and lawful, and prohibits them as unlawful all that is evil (things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, drinks, etc.). (Quran 7/157)

So, is smoking (cigarettes, pipes, etc.) evil or not? Let us examine its effects:

* Smoking is a killer: causes lung-cancer, lung-tuberculosis and heart diseases.
Allah says: And do not kill yourselves. (Quran 4/29)
He also says: And do not throw yourselves into destruction. (Quran 2/195)

These verses are sufficient to make smoking Haram.
* Smoking is a wasting of wealth. Allah says: ...But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift, Verily, spendthrifts are brothers of the devils, and the Devil (Satan) is ever ungrateful to his Lord. (Quran 17/26-27)

* The smoker is unjust to himself as well as his family by burning away his money and his chest!

* The smoker not only causes harm to himself, he/she also inflicts harms upon others around him/her.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said: "There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm." (Saheeh Al-Jami 7517)

* The smokers cause the spread of evil; they smoke openly and thus encourage others to do the same.

* The smokers dislike fasting and praying because they become impatient. They want to go for the next "round". The smoker becomes like an edict.

* The smoker smells bad! His car, home, clothes etc. carry the bad smell

too.

From the above, it is clear that smoking is evil and thus it is Haram (unlawful).
If you are under any kind of stress, then turn to Allah, read the Holy Quran, and be with non-smokers. Seek Allah's help and don’t be enslaved to something that burns you and your money

Smoking is NOT i repeat NOT haram sister its like eating candy. if you eat to much it ruins your health same as smoking. they is a matter of science behind those things and all about intension  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:40 am
dark__sunshin
Salam aleikum
Brothers and sisters I would like to share this article with you.Ive seen a lot of discussions on this subject .But this is just a reminder,on how much smoking can affect somebody's health and why it is haram ...

The declaration that "There is no God Worthy of being worshipped except Allah & that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah", demands that the Muslim accepts the Decrees set by Allah and by His Messenger-Muhammad (p.b.u.h.)

Islam is a Revelation from Allah with a complete code of life. It tells what is good and what is evil: Allah says in the Holy Quran: And We have shown him (man) the two ways (good and evil). (Quran 90/10)

He allows them all that is good and lawful, and prohibits them as unlawful all that is evil (things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, drinks, etc.). (Quran 7/157)

So, is smoking (cigarettes, pipes, etc.) evil or not? Let us examine its effects:

* Smoking is a killer: causes lung-cancer, lung-tuberculosis and heart diseases.
Allah says: And do not kill yourselves. (Quran 4/29)
He also says: And do not throw yourselves into destruction. (Quran 2/195)

These verses are sufficient to make smoking Haram.
* Smoking is a wasting of wealth. Allah says: ...But spend not wastefully (your wealth) in the manner of a spendthrift, Verily, spendthrifts are brothers of the devils, and the Devil (Satan) is ever ungrateful to his Lord. (Quran 17/26-27)

* The smoker is unjust to himself as well as his family by burning away his money and his chest!

* The smoker not only causes harm to himself, he/she also inflicts harms upon others around him/her.

The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) said: "There should be neither harming nor reciprocating harm." (Saheeh Al-Jami 7517)

* The smokers cause the spread of evil; they smoke openly and thus encourage others to do the same.

* The smokers dislike fasting and praying because they become impatient. They want to go for the next "round". The smoker becomes like an edict.

* The smoker smells bad! His car, home, clothes etc. carry the bad smell

too.

From the above, it is clear that smoking is evil and thus it is Haram (unlawful).
If you are under any kind of stress, then turn to Allah, read the Holy Quran, and be with non-smokers. Seek Allah's help and don’t be enslaved to something that burns you and your money

Smoking is NOT i repeat NOT haram sister its like eating candy. if you eat to much it ruins your health same as smoking. they is a matter of science behind those things and all about intension
smoking is MUKHRU which means Allah dose not reccomend it  

XxXZero_BeatXxX

dark__sunshin
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:08 pm
Salam Alakym ~

repley at XxXZero_BeatXxX ..

Candy can harm teeth which can be fixed and eventually you are not killing your self with it .. which is againts what SMOKING is all about .. which is waste of time , wealth and most importantly ur '' BODY ''

and there is a lot of says about this matter whither if it was Haram or Makruh ~ But i can't say except that those proofs gives us jst a whole fixed sentence which is that '' smoking is haram ''

Wasalam ~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:38 pm
dark__sunshin
Salam Alakym ~

Candy can harm teeth which can be fixed and eventually you are not killing your self with it .. which is againts what SMOKING is all about .. which is waste of time , wealth and most importantly ur '' BODY ''

and there is a lot of says about this matter whither if it was Haram or Makruh ~ But i can't say except that those proofs gives us jst a whole fixed sentence which is that '' smoking is haram ''

Wasalam ~

Wa lia kum wasalam
sister I know candy may sound like a childish example but yes it may cause teeth damage which MAY be cured. It can also cause diabetes and ruin your insulin production and liver hence all toxins goes through the kydnies and can result in a transplant. Also biologically ANYTHING (food) can be addictive yes ANYTHING even candy. so yes smoking may cuase slow death but so can candy or any other bad food diet, or it may cause a high blood glucose level or BP and go in a comma or death. Now tell me something sister....tea has caffine which is a drug and tea is addicting when consumed after a number of time like smoking....and it can ruin your growth and BP and can cause brain tumors or over adrenaline which causes immediate death. so this is the same concept as smoking....so now you can say tea can be haram????. which is not of course
thus it is a fact that smoking is not reccomended by god
besides during the prophet PBUH time they had "hashish" which was hash not tobacco.  

XxXZero_BeatXxX

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:50 am
XxXZero_BeatXxX
dark__sunshin
Salam Alakym ~

Wasalam ~

Wa lia kum wasalam
sister I know candy may sound like a childish example but yes it may cause teeth damage which MAY be cured. It can also cause diabetes and ruin your insulin production and liver hence all toxins goes through the kydnies and can result in a transplant. Also biologically ANYTHING (food) can be addictive yes ANYTHING even candy. so yes smoking may cuase slow death but so can candy or any other bad food diet, or it may cause a high blood glucose level or BP and go in a comma or death. Now tell me something sister....tea has caffine which is a drug and tea is addicting when consumed after a number of time like smoking....and it can ruin your growth and BP and can cause brain tumors or over adrenaline which causes immediate death. so this is the same concept as smoking....so now you can say tea can be haram????. which is not of course
besides during the prophet PBUH time they had "hashish" which was hash not tobacco.

so that means i am addicted to meal? i take meal 3 times a day! does that mean its harming me? if its like that then why every body is not dead?

but if i take cigarette 3 times a day then surely i will get addicted to it and it WILL harm me.

Cigarette causes diseases rapidly. that is why its haram.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:56 am
tassan
XxXZero_BeatXxX
dark__sunshin
Salam Alakym ~

Wasalam ~

Wa lia kum wasalam

so that means i am addicted to meal? i take meal 3 times a day! does that mean its harming me? if its like that then why every body is not dead?

but if i take cigarette 3 times a day then surely i will get addicted to it and it WILL harm me.

Cigarette causes diseases rapidly. that is why its haram.

it depends on wat meal you are having and no ciggeretts do not cause disease rapidly thats where you are wrong. if something was making you sick fast and you dont stop thats not haram its just being an idiot  

XxXZero_BeatXxX

XxXZero_BeatXxX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:58 am
none of us are scholars so do not think this post is wise  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items