Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Naruto Dub Opinions ~what do YOU think?~ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like the Naruto Dub?
  Meh... it's ok. Could have been done better.
  Dude, i LOVE it!!
  Arg, i HATE IT!!
  Haven't seen it, might see it later.
  Haven't seen it, and i WON'T!
  I could have done better!!
  ..Naruto was Dubbed?
View Results

Anzu9

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:15 pm
Its a bit...horrid....I felt like my life nearly ended.....o_o i lnearly lost my sanity  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:08 pm
Overall, I'm not very happy with it.

The pronounciations drive me off the wall. There's something about the way they pronounce "Naruto" and "Sasuke" that just makes my eyes twitch. And yeah. o_o

The voices are okay. The only one I'm really satisfied with is Konohomaru and Sasuke. Naruto's voice in the original version was really childish, especially when they're 12, but it seems too annoyingly childish to me. Same with Sakura. Kakashi's are all right. I was half expecting Kakashi to sound more Spike-ish, but I guess we can only wait for that. Shikamaru's and Ino's are all right too, I guess.

Blood. For the love of God, that is what pissed me off the most about the dub. I mean, I understand cutting those out during the blood scene, but for nosebleeds?! It just looks stupid when those scenes happen. What's a nosebleed without the blood?

And yeah, I'm done. Just ack, horrible.

EDIT:
Oh, I failed to mention this one.
OP/ED.
Anybody else wish they had kept them?

bluesnarf

aznnam3dj1n

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:05 pm
I just have to say that it wasn't that bad. I can't complain to the Sasuke guy, one he said Naruto's name right, and two the guy speaks fluent Japanese. One more thing i rather prefer those voices than what 4kids could do stare . Serioulsy, if people really hate it that much just don't watch and buy the dvd's and change it to japanese with subtitles. Pretty much the voices were decent, and the whole point that they were doing was trying to get non-famous voice actors in the series. Like Shikamaru. Naurto, Chouji, and Sakura. Pretty much if they didn't do the whole we need new voice actors then the voices wouldn't be bad. I just have to say that we're lucky that 4kids didn't get Naruto, that's one thing we should be happy about, seriously.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:59 pm
*sigh*

I don't have cable anymore, so I can't make a true opinion.

But if they're mis-pronouncing names, then that sucks.

And editing out the accidental-kiss scene? Horrible! At least that scene was in the manga - I mean, jeez.....they should've used that as a partial guideline.

But I have to say one thing to appease all of you fans who feel awful about this (and this is the same advice I've given the members of the Naruto fanclub I run here in Washington, called "Seishougakure"): they WILL put it out on DVD by Christmas, and it WILL have the original show with subtitles..... so go buy it when it comes out!

(and unlike the original subbed versions, it'll make better sense in translation)  

Kazrielle

Battle-ready Knight

15,250 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Hatake x Kakashi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:41 am
Nice topic! ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:39 pm
I think the Naruto dub sucked major a**! ARG it makes me so mad! But I still watch it just because it's Naruto... stare  

GumboTFPAPC

Azrai

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:23 pm
Meh.
That describes my feeling before it aired and after it aired.

It's not great, but it's not horrible either. I'd say it was just a typical dub.

The kiss! I think they should have left it in. It ended up being weird.

I don't really like how they translate some things into English, but not other things. I thought it was weird when Sakura randomly calls herself a 'kunoichi', because I mean, not everyone knows that a kunoichi is a female ninja. I think the word 'ninja' would've sufficed.
It was weird when Konohamaru talks about his name, because he says he's named after the village, but I don't think they ever mention 'Konohagakure' or even 'Konoha', so it doesn't really make sense.

I don't really like how the pronunciations are inconsistent. I do think it's funny how Sakura can't pronounce her own name, but other people (Ino, Iruka, etc) can.

Still, even before Naruto was dubbed, I'd hear his name as Na-RU-do (I laughed so hard when I first heard my friend say it). Being Japanese myself, I tend to pronounce things uh...Japanese-like (I don't know how to explain it better), but I'm used to the way Americans pronounce Japanese words too. I guess it doesn't bother me that much. It's just normal. Why should it matter if they have an American accent? They live in America. So...you can't expect them to pronounce Japanese words without an accent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 5:49 pm

I don't think the dub's that bad...
they could have done worse.
There are also others that have turned out much worse.

Akaritori

Reticence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:05 am

Its like a horrible car crash. Its so bad...
Yet... Sadly... You just cant turn away T__T

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:08 am
Reticence

Its like a horrible car crash. Its so bad...
Yet... Sadly... You just cant turn away T__T
also, how many times does he say " Believe it!" my god, I heard it in my sleep he said it so many times. pirate  

Soleninja

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

Shizu-Toshi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:52 pm
american naruto comes on so do my headphones - full volume....
drown it out of my head!!!!! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:05 pm
I must admit it's better than I expected. But it's still not great. I was laughing the entire time. It just seemed so... stupid.... It's not supposesed to be stupid, is it? No, I don't think so....

^ I agree with Azrai.

Neekroo

Animefanatic101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:08 pm
I didn't like the voices it was driveing me insane  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:36 pm
Is it me or does Naruto say Beleive It too much  

MixedUp92

Ichigosama

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:12 am
I hate it with a passion. If I saw the dub anime before I read the manga or watched teh original verson I wouldn't ever give it a chance. It totaly sux. I HATE IT. Actually that is a major understament. The voice actors suck, they can't pronounce anything right. I could go on but I will just get enfuriated and have to go blow off steam.  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff