Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
WHERE IS THE FUTURE OF ISLAM?????!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What are you guys gonna do?
  umm...idk
  I have a suggestion! {me: then post your idea!!!!}
View Results

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:49 pm
BeXlieXve

The thing is that the rules change as time goes on. I think I said earlier (or maybe it was in another thread) that the younger generations are always more accepting than the generation before them, and that is what brings about change.

So, basically, we just play the waiting game and see what the newest batch of people can achieve.
it doesn't help when part of the newest generation is just a bigoted/biased/sexist as the old one.
Education is the key. Real education, not just brainwashing propaganda messed-up Islamic crap that gets kids to go be suicide bombers.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:58 pm
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve

The thing is that the rules change as time goes on. I think I said earlier (or maybe it was in another thread) that the younger generations are always more accepting than the generation before them, and that is what brings about change.

So, basically, we just play the waiting game and see what the newest batch of people can achieve.
it doesn't help when part of the newest generation is just a bigoted/biased/sexist as the old one.
Education is the key. Real education, not just brainwashing propaganda messed-up Islamic crap that gets kids to go be suicide bombers.

We have those in the U.S. too. There are people my age and younger (I'm 18 ) that say things like, "GOD HATES FAGS" and ridiculous nonsense like that. I've met some. But the thing is that most of the younger people are accepting, and we can drown out the intolerant people if we try hard enough.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:02 am
BeXlieXve
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve

We have those in the U.S. too. There are people my age and younger (I'm 18 ) that say things like, "GOD HATES FAGS" and ridiculous nonsense like that. I've met some. But the thing is that most of the younger people are accepting, and we can drown out the intolerant people if we try hard enough.
That's where real education and secularism comes in. Tolerance comes with knowledge. Knowledge is power and can cause change, for better or for worse.
Whether it's crazy Christian fundamentalists, ultra-fundamentalist Muslims, or some wierd nut from other religions, it all boils down to one thing: an obsession with past tradition has blinded people from a good and hopeful future. And I think a real education can lift this blindfold.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:14 am
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve
Ratri_Cat
BeXlieXve

That's where real education and secularism comes in. Tolerance comes with knowledge. Knowledge is power and can cause change, for better or for worse.
Whether it's crazy Christian fundamentalists, ultra-fundamentalist Muslims, or some wierd nut from other religions, it all boils down to one thing: an obsession with past tradition has blinded people from a good and hopeful future. And I think a real education can lift this blindfold.

*Nods* There's no way I could've worded it beter.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:09 pm
Well as you stated to give Ideas, I have more ideas but really I doubt afew Muslims can change anything unless there is a massive agreed cause such as a organization with the majority of the Islamic people in it to make peace in some way.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:39 pm
Haydar the Truthful
Well as you stated to give Ideas, I have more ideas but really I doubt afew Muslims can change anything unless there is a massive agreed cause such as a organization with the majority of the Islamic people in it to make peace in some way.
which is never going to happen because we can never seem to agree on anything stare  

The Dead Terrorist Achmed

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:40 pm
Zaaki
Well... Muslim womens aren't terroists stare
read the post Zaaki. Ratri said nothing like that.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:25 am
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn
this is my simplest opinion

1st is unity.........

the problem is that we have different sect that holds different foundation.....some of them causing this terrorist image

Well do you have any idea how to do this? to unify Muslims and get a correct standard universally?

This is why I like being a Catholic and having the heirarchy...we have a set doctrine and a specific way to view and interpret the Bible. These people set the standard of our faith, and while people have disagreements, which is completely understandable, a Catholic in the USA will have the same fundamental beliefs as one in Italy. Why? because we have people whom are chosen by us and God to make sure that Roman Catholicism truly is a universal religion.

XeroRyn
2nd is hijrah

to change our ways to cope modernisation....and to portray the true islam using modern technology or more civilised ways instead of becoming barbaric....

Any idea on how? A father strangles his daughter for texting a boy. I have seen odd and strange ways of coping with modernism in an effective way. I think Turkey is on the right path, personally.

XeroRyn
3rd is taqwa and iman

to hold and believe in Allah.....

But how can you truly hold fast and believe in Allah when there are so many pockets that are convinced that their way is THE ONLY WAY to Allah and seek to punish those who think otherwise?

well sory late reply...my anothr simplest question it is not the fault of religion but the fault of being human. Religion is to correct human flaws...

And the ntheir difrences between cultural influences and religion

About the faith evenhow diffrent we are we still the share the same God,,,so for me beleiving in ALlah having faith Allah will show us the right way....even how loss they proclaim are having aith Allah will giv His chance and light  

XeroRyn

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:43 pm
XeroRyn

well sory late reply...my anothr simplest question it is not the fault of religion but the fault of being human. Religion is to correct human flaws...

About the faith evenhow diffrent we are we still the share the same God,,,so for me beleiving in ALlah having faith Allah will show us the right way....even how loss they proclaim are having aith Allah will giv His chance and light
ÉN verekszik részére Isten , országom és családom

But isn't religion created by man, inspired by God? Therefore, even though the point of religion is to correct human flaws, it will still be tarnished and imperfect because it was constructed by human hands?

You believe that God is great, is good, is just and merciful. But how you come around to thanking Him and all that he is done depends on how you were raised, or how you believe it would be most prudent to thank God.
For example. I call my God, God or Jesus. You call your God, Allah, which Zaaki likes to remind me to call God that. But I won't call God any thing but God, Jesus, or Yahweh. That's whom I worship. Pope John Paul II helped stem Catholic elitism about Muslims by saying that you guys are on a right path. a different one to be sure. [but many of us still think we got the direct connection with belief in Jesus the Christ xd ]

Each religion thinks it has mastered the worship with God and has the true route to heaven. And who is legit depends on members of that faith and other members of other faith recognizing whether it has some merit.

We're all worshiping the same God, but we sure as hell ain't going anywhere with that. stare

...kit ugye verekszik részére?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:38 am
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn

But isn't religion created by man, inspired by God? Therefore, even though the point of religion is to correct human flaws, it will still be tarnished and imperfect because it was constructed by human hands?

You believe that God is great, is good, is just and merciful. But how you come around to thanking Him and all that he is done depends on how you were raised, or how you believe it would be most prudent to thank God.
For example. I call my God, God or Jesus. You call your God, Allah, which Zaaki likes to remind me to call God that. But I won't call God any thing but God, Jesus, or Yahweh. That's whom I worship. Pope John Paul II helped stem Catholic elitism about Muslims by saying that you guys are on a right path. a different one to be sure. [but many of us still think we got the direct connection with belief in Jesus the Christ xd ]

Each religion thinks it has mastered the worship with God and has the true route to heaven. And who is legit depends on members of that faith and other members of other faith recognizing whether it has some merit.

We're all worshiping the same God, but we sure as hell ain't going anywhere with that. stare

well it is not in islam.islam come from the word of ALlah delivered by the prophet...it is not the prophet who created ISlam  

XeroRyn

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:05 am
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn

i dun think you would ever be answered with satisfaction!

there is no answer to it! because it isn't a question!!

as you said! its we who create our God either by hands or by mind!

and i believe it as well!!

but because i have taken birth in an Islamic family that is why i preach Islam and, you Catholicism!

but have you ever came at a point of proving that your religion is right? then just claiming it is!

i guess my religion is right because i think i can prove it!! (not by science!)

when it comes about proving Allah in terms of science!! then its not science which proves Allah; its Allah that proves science (in My terms)

when we see in Qura'n (almost every where) that there exists something like "SCIENCE" the only difference is "we" NAME it science.

if not there was nothing like science!!

in Qura'n it is said to pray five times! ultimately when you pray five times you have to do ablution(wud'u) 5 times that is what science has proved if you dun take bath every day you will get sick!

and if you do ablution (washing hands feet face) five times you ultimately will be living a good life!

Quran' says to never eat fast since when we eat fast we have to face cough because of our digestive system is disordered! there is a lot of information then just this!! that makes me believe that there exists ALLAH!

a human being creating something like Quran' does not make sense; its far more difficult for a human to obtain that much information in his life time and in olden days!! that almost makes it IMPOSSIBLE! the impossible that can't be possible!!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:49 am
Soo we must answer the red thing?

People always harrash us muslims, and there is nothing else to do, than ignore it!  

Zaakii

Prof Albus PWB Dumbledore

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:55 am
well. it's not as if western media is not sensationalized. there's always been intense problem between the East and the West.
some Eastern people don't like opening to the Westerns because of the differing values believed. the problem is not just with us. it's with everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:30 pm
tassan

i dun think you would ever be answered with satisfaction!

there is no answer to it! because it isn't a question!!

as you said! its we who create our God either by hands or by mind!

and i believe it as well!!

but because i have taken birth in an Islamic family that is why i preach Islam and, you Catholicism!

but have you ever came at a point of proving that your religion is right? then just claiming it is!

i guess my religion is right because i think i can prove it!! (not by science!)

when it comes about proving Allah in terms of science!! then its not science which proves Allah; its Allah that proves science (in My terms)

when we see in Qura'n (almost every where) that there exists something like "SCIENCE" the only difference is "we" NAME it science.

if not there was nothing like science!!

tassan, could you clarify this for me as well? I'm not sure what you're saying here. "Proving" Allah in the name of science is merely something that is subjective. Science isn't proven either...they're all theorries. Even something such as the Law of Gravity is a theory...it still has the potential to be incorrect. There are no absolutes in science. We know as much as our technology allows. In the end, you will on'y demonstrate your faith in Allah and not HIS existence. For those who remain stout unbelievers or as some Christains have claimed, saying that Allah is a false god, you are merely professing your ignorance. It's all a matter of whose perspective you are looking from.

And religion, no matter whose prophet comes from, is far from perfect. We are imperfect creatures attempting to follow the divine path of righteousness. While the the Prophet may have received the divine WORD and shared it with everyone, you still have to take into account the fact that, although he never told a lie, he is still human and imperfect. People who recorded Allah's will spoken through the mouth of Muhammad were imperfect. And these writings and oral traditions were collected a long time after the Prophet's death. No matter how meticulous the WORD was recorded, there are bound to be differences from dialect to word choice to the time in which it was recorded from oral to written. Those collections were copies of copies....there's bound to be some sort of deterioration. Does it degrade and undermine our faith? No. All more the reason why the Qu'ran should be read with an open mind and carefully.

tassan
in Qura'n it is said to pray five times! ultimately when you pray five times you have to do ablution(wud'u) 5 times that is what science has proved if you dun take bath every day you will get sick!

You wash your hands and feet. Not take a bath...erm, at least where I've been that was the case. Anyhow, Jews had a similar practice, so we can't really claim specialty here. And it also depends on the quality of water as well...although I assume a mosque would only use clean water. I wonder what the mosques in African countries do where water is...unclean. Christians were a bit slow on the uptake of washing until after the plague.
And if you use antibiotic stuff too much, germs build up resistance and cause devastating disease. ...again, nothing is proved in science. I've seen guys go without showering for a couple of days and they're very healthy and smelly people. Some places frown on bathing often. I always though bathing everyday was an American trait.

tassan
Quran' says to never eat fast since when we eat fast we have to face cough because of our digestive system is disordered! there is a lot of information then just this!! that makes me believe that there exists ALLAH!

*sigh* again, Christians make the same point in Lent, when most of them actually fasted for 40 days in centuries past. Probably even before the Qu'ran hit European area. They beat our Prophet to it by a good century or more. Look, I'm not trying to point out that science doesn't exist in the Qu'ran. I'm pointing out that other people came up with these notions before Islam was born. We are not the sole existance for scientific fact. Although I must say I am impressed about the concept of sperm and zygote. The Christains used to believe that little humans were the sperm and grew inside a woman's womb. (i can't remember the technical bit). That really impressed me more than anything else. I mean the Jews were vague about it, and so were the Christains, but the Prophet was right on target.

tassan
a human being creating something like Quran' does not make sense; its far more difficult for a human to obtain that much information in his life time and in olden days!! that almost makes it IMPOSSIBLE! the impossible that can't be possible!!

Which is why Ratri said it was divinely inspired.
-_-
Divinely inspired means that Allah gave the Prophet information and Muhammad spoke to the communities.
The other way would be that Allah literally wrote down in Arabic the Qu'ran and everyone copied from it. Sort of like the Holy of Holies (the golden tabernacle that held the 10 commandments in the Jewish bible) where the original disappeared throughout history, but copies exist today.

note: Ratri and I collaborated on this post. she's just too lazy to do the whole thing by herself.
xd

Pheonixia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:04 pm
Ratri_Cat

DISCUSS:
how are muslims going to fix the face of islam? How are you going to separate yourselves from the chauvinistic b*****d/weak woman-terrorist image?

Basically by telling the other Muslim sects that they are stupid.......and becoming un-islamic, because they are not following the Imam of this Day and Age who has already guided millions of people to the right path. (aka in the Qur'an it is written that Allah will raise a Prophet in every century)

I mean whereas the West can say SO MANY things against all other sects, they praise the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community for the good and charitable works it is doing. This is the easiest sign for a people who believe.

We are growing and we will continue to grow and God has promised us that He will protect us and make us successful. We will be the only community that is religious before the Day of Judgement comes.

I have no more to say........
I am still doing the research through the Qur'an..........and soon I will type up MANY MANY quotes from the Qur'an to support my opinion. Have fun throwing them aside.........because if you get the full message from an Ahmadi Muslim about our community and our beliefs and you decide to remain aloof then punishment from Allah only awaits you.

Hehe and I wasn't nice about it this time.

P.S. For people ho actually care about Islam it is clear liking the SUN that Islam is falling apart from all sides.........the only community that is firm is my community.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff