Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Movies / Music / TV / Other Media
The Dark Knight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:24 pm
You're correct, X1/2 and Spider 1/2 were good. You're also correct about the third installment of each, they were terrible, not mediocre.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:41 am
nitnit
Quote:
DC's last hope before marvel eats them alive.

With what? Mediocre incredible hulk, fantastic 4, xmen, and spider man movies? Correct me if I missed something, but in the past few years Iron Man was Marvel's only good movie.

Not to mention in the comic realm Skrull invasion has been pretty dumb so far imo

With what you say?

Punisher: War Zone
Thor
Iron man II
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Captain America
The Avengers
and not saying that it'll be good but it will definitely be high selling but spiderman 4.

The only thing I can think of coming in the next few years for DC is wonderwoman...and The Watchmen which I am excited to see.  

Psychoace

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:59 am
Eh, I actually liked X3. Spiderman 2/3 both sucked.

Due to work, I won't be able to see the Dark Knight until tuesday. Please no spoilers, I'm avoiding 4chan until then. xp

Tickets were sold out for the first two days before noon sad  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:25 pm
Psychoace
nitnit
Quote:
DC's last hope before marvel eats them alive.

With what? Mediocre incredible hulk, fantastic 4, xmen, and spider man movies? Correct me if I missed something, but in the past few years Iron Man was Marvel's only good movie.

Not to mention in the comic realm Skrull invasion has been pretty dumb so far imo

With what you say?

Punisher: War Zone
Thor
Iron man II
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Captain America
The Avengers
and not saying that it'll be good but it will definitely be high selling but spiderman 4.

The only thing I can think of coming in the next few years for DC is wonderwoman...and The Watchmen which I am excited to see.

Wow. Too bad the only movies in that list that look like they will be any good are Iron Man 2 and Avengers. Maybe something else will be decent, but I doubt it with marvel's track record.

You also forgot Magneto and Ant Man (lolwut).

I'd rather see a couple good movies from DC then a bunch of random s**t from marvel.  

nitnit
Captain

Psychoace

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:18 am
Yeah because Superman returns and Catwoman were so great. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:53 am
Superman Returns was mediocre, Catwoman was s**t.

V for Vendetta however was amazing, as was batman begins, and now the dark knight.

Also, going by the insane gross dark knight is getting, I'd say that it's definitely not simply a "last hope"  

nitnit
Captain

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 am
Lol, Dark Knight has already surpassed the first Fantastic Four in sales in 3 days. (this being solely US gross for both)

Edit: Just recently learned that DC comics has also produced Road to Perdition (highly acclaimed movie), A history of violence (also pretty well acclaimed), and Constantine (an above average movie)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm
DC is also playing around in the video game industry actively.

Constantine was also good.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:56 pm
So how is this DC's last hope again? Not to mention Batman RIP storyline in the recent comics has potential to be retardedly epic. (or eventually have an insane backlash like the death of superman in the 90s)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:01 pm
I admit defeat to that.

I was unaware of DC's involvement with V for Vendetta though.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:05 pm
Vertigo Comics = DC comics. It also says "DC comics" at the title.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:08 pm
nitnit
Vertigo Comics = DC comics. It also says "DC comics" at the title.

Yeah. Completely missed that. DC earns more respect points. brb reading Batman Confidential.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 pm
Ok. I've devised the most amazing batman begins 3 plot ever. I'll post it up later tonight.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:17 pm
Okay, just read all of Batman Confidential and Joker's Asylum (as released). Both are decent spin-off/canons. I also just gained a little more respect for the Penguin.  

Shigeru the Hero

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:07 pm
I found the recent joker's asylum featuring penguin to be entertaining.  
Movies / Music / TV / Other Media

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff