Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•
Book Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheyCallMeJustiursa

Witty Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:36 pm
There is no teacher but the enemy. Only the enemy will show you how you to defeat him. -mazer Rackham Ender's Game.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:37 am
Nice quote.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Talon StarDrifter
Crew

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:46 pm
Dialog between two characters from Brother Odd:

"Are you from Chernobyl, sir?"
"Do I have a third eye or a second nose?"
"Not that I can see, sir, but then you're largely clothed."
"If we should ever find ourselves sunning on the same beach, you are free to investigate further, Mr. Thomas."

//

"...I'm the first to admit I don't know anything about anything--except that I'm something of a nut about all things Indiana."
"Approximately what time this morning did this Hoosiermania overcome you?"
Man, he was good at this.
"Not this morning, sir," I lied. "All my life, as long as I can remember."
"Maybe you were a Hoosier in a previous life."
"Maybe I was James Dean."
"I am certain you were not James Dean."
"Why do you say that sir?"
"Such an intense craving for adoration and such a capacity for rudeness as Mr. Dean exhibited could not possibly have been expunged so entirely from just one incarnation to the next."
I thought about that statement from a few different angles. "Sir, I have nothing against the late Mr. Dean, but I don't see any way to interpret that except as a compliment."
Glowering, Rodion Romanovich said, "You complimented my cake decorations, did you not? Well, now we are even."

//

:]  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:58 pm
LOL. Now I'm interested in reading that book... It sounds really good!~ biggrin  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

rachniqueen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:08 pm
One I recently came across while reading
The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice:
" "If I am an angel," I said, drawn back from the edge of the bed, "paint me with black wings." "

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:52 am
I love black feathers. heart  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

localdadfriend

Invisible Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 am
"The kind of girl...No one would ever miss if she died tomrrow...And then she did"

Ghostgirl  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:37 am
Who wrote that book?  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Ava850

Friendly Informer

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:21 am
If there is only one Ghostgirl then I whould have to say it was writen by Tonya Hurley. But I don't know if there is another book called Ghostgirl. I have that book but I just haven't had the time to read it here lately but plan on reading it with in the next month or so.
<3 Ava

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm
Okay.  

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

Ava850

Friendly Informer

6,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 am
I got this from a book called The nature of Jade its by Deb Caletti.{I dont really remeber much about it I read it like sixs months ago.}

...You pass a bunch of people in a day ~people in their cars, in the grocery store, waiting for their coffee at an eapresso satn. You look at apartment buildings and streets, the coming and going, elevators crwling up and downand each person has their own story going on right hen with its cast of characters, they have got their own frustrations and their happiness and the things their're looking forward to and dreading. And sometimes you find yours self wondering if you've crossed paths with any of them befour with out knowinf, or will one day cross their path agai. But sometimes you have this little feeling of knowing this fuzz, gnawing sense that some one will become a major something in your life. You know that theirs will be a life youo will enter and become part of. I feel that sense, that knowing, when I look at this boy and this babe. It is a sense of the significant...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:49 am
Nathon Fillian
And then there was Joss. I met him in a small, dimly lit office, where he regaled me with tales of adventure, swashbuckling, shooting, spaceships, and narrow escapes. Um, where do I sign?

It's part of Nathan's introduction page in the Serenity graphic novel Those Left Behind. A part of the continuation of the Firefly TV series, but before the movie.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:02 am
Nice quotes~!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:39 am
Quote:
When you know that something's going to happen, you'll start trying to see signs of its approach in just about everything. Always try to remember that most of the things that happen in this world aren't signs. They happen because they happen, and their only real significance lies in normal cause and effect. You'll drive yourself crazy if you start trying to pry the meaning out of every gust of wind or rain squall. I'm not denying that there might actually be a few signs that you won't want to miss. Knowing the difference is the tricky part.
That's what Belgarath said in Belgarath the Sorcerer by David Eddings and Leigh Eddings which I read quite while back and still it's one of my favourite books.  

Shadeius

Omnipresent Loiterer

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:07 am
I love that quote! I haven't read the book, mind you, but I have to admit that quote is awesome.  
•◘•The Readers' Haven•◘•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff