Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
Saw Suburban Legends & Less Than Jake & Big D Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:34 pm
evilbrainbabies
pfft. I wish I was working there right now. kind of desperate for the cash with the way the summers are. Summers mean barely any gigs for me. Unless you are working for a major name like Warped, doing sound and lighting is pretty slooow. So that's why I worked for FOX last year. But I tried to get hired for the summer again. Unfortunatly they weren't hiring, so I was kind of screwed for the summer. X_x

Seriously, one of the last bigger shows I have done was a Run Kid Run show in Baker county.

wtf is run kid run? lol  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:37 pm
A bad christian band.

Since I am working for a church and I do things at a local christian club, I do alooot of shows involving religious practices. And I don't complain as long as I get the cash flow when doing it. Here's some pics from that show. I have such a lovely mug after 12 hours of setting up that show and having to use three different kinds of lighting consoles. but all in all, everything looked great except for me. haha.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:00 am
evilbrainbabies
A bad christian band.

Since I am working for a church and I do things at a local christian club, I do alooot of shows involving religious practices. And I don't complain as long as I get the cash flow when doing it. Here's some pics from that show. I have such a lovely mug after 12 hours of setting up that show and having to use three different kinds of lighting consoles. but all in all, everything looked great except for me. haha.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Ohh, christian bands. blah. lol. cept send out scuds, they're pretty awesome.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:47 pm
Well alot of bands are christian. Take a look at Streetlight Manifesto lyrics some time and that'll point out there side on religion a bit. But ya, alot of it is the same praise-and-worship bands that I just detest. Because they sing the same 5 songs over and over again. And use the same vocabulary they used for the past 40 years for singing. Love, Jesus, God, Almighty, Bless, ect. it's like they don't know what a dictionary is.

But ya. I listened to a little more of Send Out Scuds and was pretty entertained with it. Good stuff and good quality for the most part.

And it's still annoying the crap outta me. Haha. One person at the church who says they booked the band said it's on the 22nd. my boss, who is above the "booker" said it was on the 20th. And I am asking around and I heard that they aren't even booked at all. Going to be pretty mad if I find that I can't even work a show that I have been getting hyped up about. >_>  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm
evilbrainbabies
Well alot of bands are christian. Take a look at Streetlight Manifesto lyrics some time and that'll point out there side on religion a bit. But ya, alot of it is the same praise-and-worship bands that I just detest. Because they sing the same 5 songs over and over again. And use the same vocabulary they used for the past 40 years for singing. Love, Jesus, God, Almighty, Bless, ect. it's like they don't know what a dictionary is.

But ya. I listened to a little more of Send Out Scuds and was pretty entertained with it. Good stuff and good quality for the most part.

And it's still annoying the crap outta me. Haha. One person at the church who says they booked the band said it's on the 22nd. my boss, who is above the "booker" said it was on the 20th. And I am asking around and I heard that they aren't even booked at all. Going to be pretty mad if I find that I can't even work a show that I have been getting hyped up about. >_>

hahaha damnnn, that ******** sucks, I hate when people don't know whats actually going on. well hopefully its one of those 2 days... you should try asking the band about it. lol. and as far as streetlight goes, idk, don't listen to em. and its different when someone believes in god, and when someone calls themselves a christian band.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:01 pm
The thing is, I can't stand myspace. I used to defend it for bands that were trying to geet started up there. But nowadays it seems like every band that doesn't want to put a dime into a real website want to make a myspace profile for there band. So I can't say I really condone the idea of myspace bands. At least purevolume isn't riddled with viruses left and right like the girls on the corner of Main Street. So contacting them isn't something I am able to do. But hopefully M boss will take care of it by Sunday.  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:08 pm
evilbrainbabies
The thing is, I can't stand myspace. I used to defend it for bands that were trying to geet started up there. But nowadays it seems like every band that doesn't want to put a dime into a real website want to make a myspace profile for there band. So I can't say I really condone the idea of myspace bands. At least purevolume isn't riddled with viruses left and right like the girls on the corner of Main Street. So contacting them isn't something I am able to do. But hopefully M boss will take care of it by Sunday.

hahaha aw, myspace is a great way to keep in touch with bands. I mean they should usually atleast have an e-mail up there too. which is sad I'm sayin this cuz I don't think ours does, but we keep up w/ ours and no aids for our band myspace. lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:38 pm
Oh? Link?  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:15 am
http://www.myspace.com/selloutsofska  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:08 pm
that unity song reminded me of this 21DM comic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:46 pm
Hahahaha. nice. god I love 21deadmonkeys. been a long while since I read em tho. used to be all up to date til the whole bosstones re-uniting. since then I dunno. lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:50 pm
that and Mitch Clem comics. >_< I miss thems  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:26 am
evilbrainbabies
that and Mitch Clem comics. >_< I miss thems

oh geez idk how long its even been since i've read anything from mitch...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm
I was really tempted to buy some of his merch. I really want a WWHRD shirt, and wear it to work or to one of the christian clubs. That would be hilerious, though I would probably get in a wee bit of trouble.

He has a comic coming out to stores soon, October I beleive. I am going to preorder it when I get a chance.  

evilbrainbabies

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:10 am
evilbrainbabies
I was really tempted to buy some of his merch. I really want a WWHRD shirt, and wear it to work or to one of the christian clubs. That would be hilerious, though I would probably get in a wee bit of trouble.

He has a comic coming out to stores soon, October I beleive. I am going to preorder it when I get a chance.

haha that would be a good shirt. like when I put on a show w/ send out scuds, and was wearing my crossbuster shirt. lol  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff