Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Xbox and Playstation Gaming
Xbox Elite vs. PS3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you like better?
  Xbox all the way!
  PS3. No contest.
  Neither.
  I love both. Don't make me choose!!!
View Results

ThE_oNLy_UsAY

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:16 pm
me 2  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:21 pm
me 2 smile  

ThE_oNLy_UsAY

Pudding_Bell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:27 am
Tron714
I say look at things atm and see what you like.
Microsofts software lineup for the xbox is very impressing. Fallout 3 (w00t!), Fable 2, Final Fantasy 13(PS3 killer), and many many more. Xbox is giving anyone who loves gaming what they want
Quote:

There are no XBox exclusives there. Fable is on PC, and the other two are on PS3 as well. What do you mean "PS3 killer"? FF XIII is coming out on the PS3 >_>

Personally I think PS3 wins, because you don't have to pay extra for access to its online services every month (therefore making it by far cheaper over all, no matter what extra things you may try to put on to the PS3's price to ramp it up), the interface looks a hell of a lot nicer and there's a lot of quality unique titles on it. But I've always been a Playstation fan girl and anyone who loved the Playstation before will definitely enjoy the PS3. The PSN is also releasing classic old Playstation titles (Final Fantasy VII, Suikoden, Castlevania, Megaman to name but a few) and has tons of cheap and fun games (Fat Princess for example). I admit the XBox does edge the PS3 out in terms of multiplayer at the moment, but it's been out for longer and has had more time to establish itself with games. Give the PS3 another year and Microsoft are going to be quaking in their boots.

They're both good consoles really, but I'm all for the PS3.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:33 am
Ok, both Tron and Pudding Bell have no idea what they're talking about *facepalms*

All of the games on tron's list are on the PS3, except Fable 2 - but who really cares about Fable 2? Regardless, sure, paying 50$ a year for XBL Gold is a pain in the a** if you want to play games online with other people, but it shouldn't be a deal breaker for you. Also to say that the interface to the PS3 is better is completely a personal opinion. I've seen videos of the PS3's interface, and except for the cases where people hack it to practically be a personal computer, the interface has always looked subpar. Not to mention, Microsoft's gamerscore is vastly superior to trophies - even if you pretend they're the same thing, you can unlock PS3 trophies by downloading someone else's save file, and playing the game with it - Microsoft's achievements actually require earning.

As for PSN having all of these cheap and classic titles on it, oh wait, XBL arcade has even more old "cheap" titles. (It's a rip off on both systems since you could go buy most of the games on their original consoles for less than 5$). Not to mention XBL arcade has even more arcade original titles.

Also how is "give the PS3 another year and microsoft are going to be quaking in their boots" even a legitimate statement? The only plus Sony finally has is that now both systems have the same price tag, thus making it an affordable blu-ray player. That doesn't change the fact that more big exclusives are coming to Xbox - Bioshock 2 and Halo ODST are perfect examples. All the other big games worth mentioning, like Final Fantasy 13 are coming out for both systems.

In conclusion - look at last gen. The systems that rocketed out of the gate stayed that way for the most part. PS2 dominated the whole time. This time around, the Wii started off ridiculously strong, and look - it's still raking in the most money. The 360 is second, and look - it's still in the same position. The PS3 did pretty poorly, and look - it's still in the same position. Another year isn't going to do anything major. If anything, more people will buy a 360. If all of your friends who play games play on XBL, why would you buy a PS3? With more people on its live network, there is more incentive for people to buy a 360. All PS3 has going for it is its blue ray capabilities, which make a decently priced Blu-Ray player that can play games too.

/rant.

addition:

As for the hardware failure rate - initially the 360's had a pretty high rate, yes, but if you bought your system after mid 2008ish, or especially now that all of them are elites, your chance at hardware failure is extremely low.  

nitnit
Captain

othgan243

Shirtless Hunter

3,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 pm
info for all that hasn't been mentioned or has changed. the 360 pro no longer exists and you can only buy the elite for $299. the new PS3 SLIM is also $299 but no longer can play the old PS2 games, unlike the 360 which still can. also, in the old PS3 you didn't get a mini usb cable to charge your controllers which was about $5-$10 dollars extra if you didn't already have one.

now, the online play on the 360 is vastly superior to the PS3. the interface also seems more organized on the 360 than the PS3, but that might just be my personal preference.

Also, both systems have great games but some of the big playstation titles are now also on the 360(FFXIII anyone?) but they still have great exclusives(Ratchet and Clank and KH to name a few.)

and for the record i don't own any of the consoles but i have played both alot so i do know what i'm taking about.

i would get a 360 but the PS3 is good too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:02 pm
I want both, but I only own a 360.  

Sunscour

Hilarious Genius

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

Bayou Bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:45 pm
Hate to break it to you Nitnit but Bioshock 2 is infact a multiplatform title. It's coming to the PS3.

Secondly, why was this thread Necroed Twice!!!

Finally, I HATE that the 360 got a hold of the Final Fantasy 13, why? Because now it's been gimped to acomedate for both consoles, (look at before it was multiplat and after and you'll see it looked leaps and bounds better when it was still exclusive)

Thats not to say I hate the 360, (on the contrary I think it's a quite good system) but the game looked SO MUCH BETTER when it was exclusive (thats the power of the cell at work)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:52 am
hi im shrade and i hate people who complain about consoles biggrin i believe the ps3 is the bane of all gaming existence biggrin its just a ******** dvd player biggrin the online is crappy and thats why its free because no one is going to pay for that crap biggrin in my opinion all games should be multi platform because then fanboys and girls would have nothing to fight about and wouldn't waste their time doing so i hate the ps3 but thats my opinion im not going to say the 360 is better but the way i see it it is if you like the ps3 get one if you like the 360 get one if you like both get both BUT DONT ARGUE ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET!!11!! biggrin ... also the psp owns the ps3 >> and the Nintendo ds owns the wii and whatever hand held console Microsoft comes out with is gonna own the 360...hand held is the future  

Niaxus

othgan243

Shirtless Hunter

3,600 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:07 pm
i love how nice gamers can be. it just so amazing. rolleyes
okay, i think it was necroed twice because this thread can still be useful for other people who want to buy one of the systems and can't choose. also handhelds will only be better than consoles when full VR and holograms become possible.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:29 am
Kakashi Lord of Lightning

Finally, I HATE that the 360 got a hold of the Final Fantasy 13, why? Because now it's been gimped to acomedate for both consoles, (look at before it was multiplat and after and you'll see it looked leaps and bounds better when it was still exclusive)

No it hasn't the only difference was that all old vids we pre-rendered, much like 80% of all of Square's work. Everything since has all been done in gameplay graphics and they've decided on running more of the game in the engine rather than pre-renders because it makes it run smoother for both consoles. And a processor has nothing to do with graphics, just run times, the only thing that the PS3 has that the 360 doesn't in terms of graphics capabilities is the anti-aliasing feature.

I'd also like to point out that Square-Enix themselves has stated numerous occasions that everything is being done to ensure that the quality of the game would never be compromised and that nothing has been downgraded. Oh, and the 360 edition will be 3 disks.

360 has a better graphics card and the only real advantage PS3 has is the processor, which NOBODY HAS UTILIZED AT ALL and due to its unnecessary complexity has scared off many groups that used to be second party exclusives. Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Final Fantasy 13(although they planned it since the game's creation since their exclusivity contract was ending during the creation of the game) were originally exclusive but they didn't because there's no real money to be made in the PS3 on its own when you don't have contracts with Sony.

PS3 has online for free yes, but it's quite limited and I don't mean in just abilities. They give you a name and a paragraph or whatever for your profile whereas Live features an actual community as well as Netflix, Twitter, Facebook and I believe PSN still has no cross-game chat let alone a whole party for it, as well as exclusive/early demos and this includes comparing to PSN. Not only that, XBL Gold players have the option to enter new contests and 1vs100 every week to get cash/prizes. Like I said, actual community... sorta like this site but with games I'd actually want to play.

Someone mentioned Kingdom Hearts but you shouldn't get your hopes up there, they put the core FF series on 360 after all. Besides, they're still working on Birth By Sleep and 300whatever/2 Days and the fifty other games they have announced but not out until 2010 at the very least.  

Cybylt

Pudding_Bell

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:27 pm
nitnit

Also how is "give the PS3 another year and microsoft are going to be quaking in their boots" even a legitimate statement? The only plus Sony finally has is that now both systems have the same price tag, thus making it an affordable blu-ray player. That doesn't change the fact that more big exclusives are coming to Xbox - Bioshock 2 and Halo ODST are perfect examples. All the other big games worth mentioning, like Final Fantasy 13 are coming out for both systems.

Calm down, calm down, I didn't think it would be THAT much of a serious deal, jeez. People need to lighten up. I feel that, as the PS3 continues to release more system patches and tightens everything up, it can then be considered a serious contender to the XBox, as the XBox has had more time to establish itself. As the PS3 is relatively new it hasn't had the time to But anyway, this is becoming some sort of console war, which isn't the point.

I love the PS3 because I've always been a Playstation fan. Granted the internet lag on the PS3 when playing online can be pretty bad and the online community leaves something to be desired, but that can be fixed, it's not always going to be that way. Ultimately, if you want a family orientated party system that's cheap and fun, get the Wii. If you want a fairly solid system with an online community populated by swearing fourteen year olds but a decent set of games, get the XBox. If you want an underdog system that has its flaws but ultimately has its good points that can be built on if Sony would only get their fingers out of their asses and do something, get the PS3. And the PS3 is getting quite a few awesome exclusives, maybe not your big fancy Halos and what have you, but beautiful games such as The Last Guardian that I would choose over Halo any day (I don't care for Halo, complain if you want). And I do know what I'm talking about thank you, no need for the facepalm 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:10 pm
For me i rather go with Ps3.  

rapm

Xbox and Playstation Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out