Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Mass Effect Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:24 pm
You can choose between ashely and, uh......I forgot his name.....The kinetic guy, the first guy on your team that doesn't die in the first level? Something Jenkins I think.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:18 pm
Yeah, I just finished that portion of the game, Kaiden just died loloolol I never used him once after eden prime anyways.

Also, during my encounter with saren after the nuke was armed, I had the option to try to charm him into joining me against the soverign ( and I did the option) but he didn't accept. I ended up defeating him with a pistol (since all my other weapons were stuck on overheat due to the glitch), and he left (not dead) Is that the scene where you can get him to kill himself?  

nitnit
Captain

PersianSpice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:58 pm
nitnit
Yeah, I just finished that portion of the game, Kaiden just died loloolol I never used him once after eden prime anyways.

Also, during my encounter with saren after the nuke was armed, I had the option to try to charm him into joining me against the soverign ( and I did the option) but he didn't accept. I ended up defeating him with a pistol (since all my other weapons were stuck on overheat due to the glitch), and he left (not dead) Is that the scene where you can get him to kill himself?

Naw, that's at the end of the game.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:25 pm
nitnit

Kaiden.....then who the hell is jenkins? I must be thinking of something else.

First, that isn't a glitch, its a tech ability to overheat weapons. Also, you can't get Saren to kill himself there, it isn't the end of the game. (Unless you have Uber high itimidate/charm from double play throughs.) You'll be able to have him kill himself just before you actually have to kill him, near the end. During the part you're at now, I basically told Saren to go F**k himself, so that I could beat him senseless.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm
Well, all I know is that my weapon stays permanently overheated until I press save and reload.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:34 pm
Well then that would be a glitch. Or it could be some PC thing they added, but I doubt it.  

Deathguiser

Kaptain_Pretty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:11 pm
Loved almost everything bout this game but one thing.. Too much READING!!!! if this game was a sidequest in Elder scrolls: Oblivion, when one compleated it, their literacy lv would be maxed out!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:12 pm
I know on the computer version you can press spacebar and skip through most dialogue.  

nitnit
Captain

Hand of Deathwing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:05 pm
I played an Adept. My main squad was Ashley and..uh...the blue girl...forgot her name. I prefer pistols because of thier accuracy, and often it takes like 999999 shots for them to overheat. Adepts are probably (one of) the best class because of thier barriers and the fact they can make enemies float around so they can't attack, making the battle much easier. If you play it through again, definetly play as a Adept. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:19 pm
Shotgun + Super biotic powers + medium armor + decent level = walking tank.

Play as a Vanguard.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Actually to be a walking tank heavy armor and 50% damage reduction (or more at higher ranks) would be more useful I think. To be a walking tank you'd want to be a solider.

That's not to discredit the awesome biotec powers though.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:56 pm
Yes, But as a vanguard you cast barrier, and bullets don't do a whole lot (Unless you never power up barrier, which would be some what stupid). I like being able to kill things just be throwing my hand out, the Force ftw.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:00 pm
Yes, using the biotecs is awesome, don't get me wrong, but in terms of abilities and equipment the soldier is better for purely taking hits.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:06 pm
Probably. I would say there is more damage output as a vanguard, with the constant flow of biotic abilities and shotgun slinging. I like soldier, but since playing as vanguard I get bored not using biotic powers. Thankfully, after using powers a certain amount of times, (Or getting them to a certain level) they become universal to all classes, but yo ucan only choose one. For example, I could have a soldier with the lift or throw ability.  

Deathguiser

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:07 pm
An adept with assault rifles is a scary though.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff