Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Helba Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:14 pm
She's beautiful. ;.;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:20 pm

Yeah, she's pretty. But this makes me question .hack even more D: It's possible to knock off a character's hat/mask/accessory? O.o

Puppetry

Soraki

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:19 pm
Puppetry

Yeah, she's pretty. But this makes me question .hack even more D: It's possible to knock off a character's hat/mask/accessory? O.o
I can't come up with any witty examples except Twilight in general. Hurhur, Bulmung making sake apear out thin pixilated air.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:23 pm
Don't think about that. Because once you begin to think that way, .hack//
as a whole becomes an impossibilty and it just takes all the fun away from
the game. If you paint that perspective, then you have to wonder:

Why are the main characters of the series so uniquely armored?
How did IYOTEN fly beyond the "barrier" when shot by Ovan?
How could Bear jump when attacking Guardian [jump doesn't exist]?
How did Sora jump and balance on people's blades?
How did Balmung jump from a building in MUTATION?
How does one "dodge" an attack like Haseo did in ROOTS?
Why does Doppleganger only mimic Haseo?
Why did Shugo not come automatically equipped with the Bracelet?
Why was Shugo's bracelet so drastically different from Kite's?
How did Shugo and Balmung carry Rena?
Why could the characters in Legend of the Twilight Bracelet swim?
Why was there only one weapon per person in L.o.t.T.B.?
Why was Shugo's hat different from Kite's?
Where did the Werewolf class [and "Knuckle Masters"] come from?
Why did Rena not attack Shugo when Charmed?
How does Shugo "lose a tooth" in each episode?

The list can go on and on. But the fact of the matter is, it isn't a solid game.
Therefore, exceptions to the rules are EVERYWHERE.

The Slate Scholar
Crew

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:42 pm
=|
Wow. I never thought about any of those.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:59 pm

I've wondered about all of those things. There's no such "hug" option, and Gaspard can bump into people? How does the game read the characters' expressions so clearly? Why do they think they've defeated Sakaki just because his character fell off a cliff? And how did he even fall off to begin with? xD

Puppetry

The Slate Scholar
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:48 pm
Also, how does Aura's image change so many times within The World R:1:
>>Remember, in SIGN she was a little girl with cloud-like hair and tan skin who moved by walking [she looked around 5-6 years of age]
>>In IMOQ she was a "spirit" with pale and and flat, white hair and purple eyes who moved by hovering [she looked around 16-17 years of age]
>>In LotTB she was a child again with large blue eyes who's past was never really revealed [she looked about 11 years of age]

Also, how could Aura have had a child [Zefie] when techincally Aura was only four years old at the time of LotTB? This is assuming Aura was reborn as herself [and supported by the fact that she was younger and that both she and Zefie existed at the same time].

Another Point: Why didn't Corbenik use Drain Heart during the battle with Kite [instead of in the cutscene itself]?

Why was Haseo's Data Drain so much more effective than all of the other Phases? Why could he be defeated by simply depleting his HP rather than by being Data Drained? Why couldn't the other phases be dealt with in a similar fashion?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:03 pm
Then again, the boundaries and rules of the game are never explicitly stated. We assume that one can't hug because it wasnt available in the PS2 games. We assume that one can't dodge for the same reason. The battle and interaction systems in the games were made simply, because it's not an MMO, and a controller has a lot fewer options than a mouse and keyboard. So eventhough The World is an MMO, the player is just playing an RPG. The rules of the .hack games and The World they take place in could vary greatly.  

yokaiy

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:45 am
yokaiy
Then again, the boundaries and rules of the game are never explicitly stated. We assume that one can't hug because it wasnt available in the PS2 games. We assume that one can't dodge for the same reason. The battle and interaction systems in the games were made simply, because it's not an MMO, and a controller has a lot fewer options than a mouse and keyboard. So eventhough The World is an MMO, the player is just playing an RPG. The rules of the .hack games and The World they take place in could vary greatly.

That's true. :0  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:22 am
My idea is pretty strange, but I'm a sucker for mystery XD

Kaoru could be Helba *shrugs* her helper..Black-something was in Liminality so there's always the possibility she could've been too? But I don't think she's Zelkova or his 'mother' for that matter XD

Crazy: I think Zelkova is how Tartarga explained the NetSlum inhabitants in the Project games; the memory of a player, what's left over of the PC or soemthing? XD I know, kind of weird. He does seem extremely NOT human, so the chance of my theory being true is close to zero. But he could've had a player at one point, but something weird could've happened in the real world and...I don't know. ^^;

BloodStainedKnife

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:09 am
I kinda think Zelkova's a human. He just seems human-ish to me, more than an AI. xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:58 am
The Slate Scholar
*LOTS OF DEEP, PONDEROUS QUESTIONS HERE*

I think most of it (especially the Skeith thing) is just gameplay mechanisms. How frustrating would it be if you INSTANTLY DIED every time someone Data Drained you? I... I think I'd cry.

Also, Aura had a daughter because she's a young ho. OR MAYBE SHE FOLLOWS DOG YEARS? I don't know, man. orz

... Dude, I wish the .hack series had a jump command. :< Then again, if you had something like "glide," I'd get distracted and never finish. Hello, Kingdom Hearts.  

fk12

Soraki

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:38 am
XxGrieverxX
I kinda think Zelkova's a human. He just seems human-ish to me, more than an AI. xD
Morti [twilight bracelet] is one hell-of-a creepy AI and Mia [if it were not obvious] could have ben human. If i never watched sign and played [actually watched spoilers] I would have not known she was a Phase.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:47 am
XxGrieverxX

He's human. He wouldn't have bothered doing half the things he did if he wasn't human, like starting Moon Tree or hanging out with Kaede.
Sometimes I like to think of him as a really pwnsome AI, sometimes I like to think of him as a pwnsome hacker-kid. And I know ages in The World aren't always accurate, but Zel-chan's definately a kid. His Chim obsession proves it.
*cough*
no way Helba is Zelkova. She's too serious. Zel-chan has a totally different personality. -.-  

ichinose kaoru

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 pm
ichinose kaoru

no way Helba is Zelkova. She's too serious. Zel-chan has a totally different personality. -.-

But Helba could be a roleplayer, roleplaying a younger kid named Zelkova. cool  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff