Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
The power of forgiveness Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:32 pm
XeroRyn
okay now my next question...your belief is Jesus was the god word as flesh?

In the beginning was the Word:
the Word was with God
and the Word was God.
(John 1:1-2)

The Word became flesh,
he lived among us.
(John 1:14)

That is what we believe about Jesus the Christ.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:07 pm
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn
okay now my next question...your belief is Jesus was the god word as flesh?

In the beginning was the Word:
the Word was with God
and the Word was God.
(John 1:1-2)

The Word became flesh,
he lived among us.
(John 1:14)

That is what we believe about Jesus the Christ.

owh okay

now why is it the word is god itself and He became flesh as word is word like when we write something, our writing is a piece of our mind not our own body or soul...so if you say Jesus is word of god fine but the word now god that the problem here

in Islam the Quran is word of god but it aint god itself
If Jesus is GOD i think that He cant die as god is immortal. He didnt need to sacrifice himself as he is god..  

XeroRyn

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:42 pm
XeroRyn

owh okay

now why is it the word is god itself and He became flesh as word is word like when we write something, our writing is a piece of our mind not our own body or soul...so if you say Jesus is word of god fine but the word now god that the problem here

Word, not word.

big difference.

We're saying God's truth, the Truth of God, became known to us through Jesus the Christ. The Truth fleshed is an aspect of God, which is called the "Son" which is in turn known as Jesus.
:3

XeroRyn

word of God on paper, i suppose.
XeroRyn
If Jesus is GOD i think that He cant die as god is immortal.

Flesh isn't immortal. God is. We believe Jesus to be completely human and completely divine. Jesus died in FLESH. He was freed from his earthly body.
For us, we have two definitions of death. Death in spirit, and death as in our cells in our body do not carry out life functions.
Oh, and if God wills it to be so, then it can be done, just so you know wink

XeroRyn
He didnt need to sacrifice himself as he is god..
He sacrificed his body to make a point, to follow the message of love. He didn't come to make war and free the Jews as the Jews had hoped he would. He was here to bring a message of peace and love. And probably to stifle Jewish nationalism, where people became so fiercely proud of their nation, they would sacrifice anything to get the job done to make their nation free and whole again.
Again, it's a choice made. He could have avoided it if he wanted to,but he didn't.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:54 am
ratri_cat
...and to open the gates of heaven to the humans again. He redeemed us through his blood, sweat, and tears...

can you tell me more about this?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:56 am
tassan
ratri_cat
...and to open the gates of heaven to the humans again. He redeemed us through his blood, sweat, and tears...

we believed that the gates of heaven were closed after adam and eve were kicked out of the garden of eden. No one was allowed into heaven, they were in purgatory, because of original sin. the sin of humanity that is passed on from generation to generation

Jesus opened them up when he died. when we enact the sacrement of baptism, we are purged of original sin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:04 am
Ratri_Cat
tassan
ratri_cat

we believed that the gates of heaven were closed after adam and eve were kicked out of the garden of eden. No one was allowed into heaven, they were in purgatory, because of original sin. the sin of humanity that is passed on from generation to generation
Jesus opened them up when he died. when we enact the sacrement of baptism, we are purged of original sin.

baptism?

and how did he open the gets by sacrificing? he was a God right so why he did not simply open the gets telling people of how merciful he is?  

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:35 am
tassan

baptism?

Quote:
The Roman Catechism (Ad parochos, De bapt., 2, 2, 5) defines baptism thus: Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration by water in the word (per aquam in verbo). St. Thomas Aquinas (III:66:1) gives this definition: "Baptism is the external ablution of the body, performed with the prescribed form of words."

source: Catholic Encyclopedia

tassan
and how did he open the gets by sacrificing? he was a God right so why he did not simply open the gets telling people of how merciful he is?

hmph. only those that deserve heaven go there. You guys preach it, Christains...particularly Catholics preach it, and so do Jews. God is not just going to allow anybody in.

The gates of heaven were closed because God felt we were not worthy to enter because of original sin. Same reason why he destroyed the earth with the flood.

Sin had penetrated mankind since adam's fall. Jesus was there to make things anew again. He had his earthly body destroyed to send a message to people. Obviously it was a strong message or else we wouldn't have lasted 2,000 years and still going quite strong. stare

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:03 am
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn

owh okay

Word, not word.

big difference.

We're saying God's truth, the Truth of God, became known to us through Jesus the Christ. The Truth fleshed is an aspect of God, which is called the "Son" which is in turn known as Jesus.
:3

XeroRyn

word of God on paper, i suppose.
XeroRyn
If Jesus is GOD i think that He cant die as god is immortal.

Flesh isn't immortal. God is. We believe Jesus to be completely human and completely divine. Jesus died in FLESH. He was freed from his earthly body.
For us, we have two definitions of death. Death in spirit, and death as in our cells in our body do not carry out life functions.
Oh, and if God wills it to be so, then it can be done, just so you know wink

XeroRyn
He didnt need to sacrifice himself as he is god..
He sacrificed his body to make a point, to follow the message of love. He didn't come to make war and free the Jews as the Jews had hoped he would. He was here to bring a message of peace and love. And probably to stifle Jewish nationalism, where people became so fiercely proud of their nation, they would sacrifice anything to get the job done to make their nation free and whole again.
Again, it's a choice made. He could have avoided it if he wanted to,but he didn't.

why do god need in human flesh? why dont He became Himself a divine being

and you said that "The Truth fleshed is an aspect of God, which is called the "Son" which is in turn known as Jesus"

now with this Jesus is an aspect of god not God  

XeroRyn

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:52 am
XeroRyn

because he wanted to. He came down in flesh to spread the Truth and not only spread the Word, to show humans how to LIVE The WORD.
didn't you ask me this already? confused
I mean, if God came right to my door this very instant in all his power and glory, telling me the Truth, wouldn't you be a little, uh, awed and scared and all of that? God didn't come down to intimidate and kill people who didn't believe in his WORD. He came down to teach and spread a message of Love.

Why did God speak to Muhammad? Hmmm?

XeroRyn
and you said that "The Truth fleshed is an aspect of God, which is called the "Son" which is in turn known as Jesus"

Which combine with the other aspects of God that accurately describe and is part of the ONE WHOLE GOD. razz
We believe that Jesus is completely divine and completely human.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:16 pm
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn

because he wanted to. He came down in flesh to spread the Truth and not only spread the Word, to show humans how to LIVE The WORD.
didn't you ask me this already? confused
I mean, if God came right to my door this very instant in all his power and glory, telling me the Truth, wouldn't you be a little, uh, awed and scared and all of that? God didn't come down to intimidate and kill people who didn't believe in his WORD. He came down to teach and spread a message of Love.

Why did God speak to Muhammad? Hmmm?

XeroRyn

Which combine with the other aspects of God that accurately describe and is part of the ONE WHOLE GOD. razz
We believe that Jesus is completely divine and completely human.

did i?? i must be gettin old or still unclear about god as flesh
and what is your other aspect of god
and what is your definition of divine??  

XeroRyn

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:37 pm
XeroRyn

Holy Spirit, sometimes known as the Holy Ghost. is considered to be the "wisdom" aspect of God. Can also be attributed to maternal qualities of God.

XeroRyn
what is your definition of divine??

not human. razz
For us, Jesus is a living paradox...human and divine. We accept it as an article of faith the same way you accept that the Qu'ran is the Word of God.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:00 am
Ratri_Cat
XeroRyn

Holy Spirit, sometimes known as the Holy Ghost. is considered to be the "wisdom" aspect of God. Can also be attributed to maternal qualities of God.

XeroRyn
what is your definition of divine??

not human. razz
For us, Jesus is a living paradox...human and divine. We accept it as an article of faith the same way you accept that the Qu'ran is the Word of God.

Uhmmm, and what makes you so sure that Jesus is divine and his spirit like is now free from human body? I mean isn't God powerful enough to convince people without having to turn into a weak body, and sacrifice himself? In other words, I'm going to ask two questions:
1- Did Jesus tell you that he's God in Flesh?
2- Isn't God powerful enough to convince people into believing in him, without having to ashape as a human? (which he created in the first place!)

I mean, Muhammad convinced us without having to let God appear in front of our faces, that's the main point, Allah (SWT) convinced us that he's there without having to show himself, but by sending prophets, working miracles on their hands. He wants to test us. Isn't that the point of life?!  

Mini_Angel_1994

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:53 pm
Mini_Angel_1994

Uhmmm, and what makes you so sure that Jesus is divine and his spirit like is now free from human body?

We believe in the Resurrection as proof of Jesus's divinity, minus miracles performed.

But you guys don't accept that, so it's a moot point.

Mini_Angel_1994
I mean isn't God powerful enough to convince people without having to turn into a weak body, and sacrifice himself?

Jeepers, apparently you forgot that God is entitled to make His own choices and does what he likes. Actions speak louder than words. You've seen it in the Flood, the Plagues of Egypt; and he used prophets with that. He made His point through Jesus the Christ.
Why should God bother using prophets if he's all powerful? Humans are far more fallible. If I'm going to a job, I'd rather do it myself. It seems like an appropriate action than just telling a random person to spread my message.

Mini_Angel_1994
1- Did Jesus tell you that he's God in Flesh?

Yup.
Again, Resurrection is the final proof of that.
We also believe in the Historical and the Religious Jesus.
We acknowledge that the man lived in history, no doubt about it. We see historical as the rest of the world's perspective, and religious as our own.

Mini_Angel_1994

2- Isn't God powerful enough to convince people into believing in him, without having to ashape as a human? (which he created in the first place!)

Seriously, do Muslims have any originality at all in asking that question?
I've posted earlier to this. If you want me to elaborate on one of my posts, then say so!

Mini_Angel_1994
I mean, Muhammad convinced us without having to let God appear in front of our faces, that's the main point

What point?

Mini_Angel_1994
Allah (SWT) convinced us that he's there without having to show himself, but by sending prophets, working miracles on their hands.

*shrug* We believe that God needed to intervene, and that was through Jesus the Christ. If we weren't such a legit religion, i'd doubt we wouldn't have survived for over 2,000 years.
And the rest of us followers haven't seen God, and we're perfectly content. Your point?

Mini_Angel_1994
He wants to test us. Isn't that the point of life?!
Actually I was taught that life is a search for completetion with God, but that's my call, not yours.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:30 am
Ok, so the main argument between Muslims and Christians is the proof that jesus is God in flesh, and the existance of the Holly spirit? Is that the difference between Islam, and christianity?

If someone proved to you that Jesus isn't God, and he's a prophet as any other prophets, would you go into Islam?  

Mini_Angel_1994

Geek Zombie

6,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:12 am
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994
I mean, Muhammad convinced us without having to let God appear in front of our faces, that's the main point

What point?

This point >>I mean, Muhammad convinced us without having to let God appear in front of our faces, that's the main point...<<

and i gota question!

suppose there is a king of the kingdom! will he go to do service a little work that his servants can do? sure he would say to his servants!

but after all its your god so you may know that it was his choice to be flesh to spread his message. i think Catholicism is PRETTY weak at that point!

god can not let his superiority down! THERE IS NO REASON TO!

you think if your god created this whole universe he needs that little capacity of mind to teach you! if god is all knowing then why he did not prove to be superior in spirit form? why he been like you to teach you! He is god not an elder who becomes child to teach children?  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff