Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
How games obsessed are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How obsessed with games are you?
  I not obsessed at all, I'm not a loser!
  I like to indulge in my habit once in a while.
  I love games lots, but I am a sane person.
  Games and oxygen are the same thing to me!
View Results

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:15 pm
Undine Mystic
Chaotix Bluix

* Most games I play have more than 100 hours... for each game.
* I have not made any videogames, or conspired to make any... yet.

Which begs the question "Which games have you played more than once?"

On average, I play each game at least 4 times, especially if there is something to unlock. With GTA San Andreas, I played it 4 times and each time got 100%, that's how obsessed I am. I even replay games I would consider awful, just to test whether they really are!

I will always unlock every ending to a game and get full percentage.

I have even replayed RPGs.

I became a designer in the slim hope I could one day be an artist working on a game (my strength is character design).

I once had my walls and ceiling covered in Sonic! (Come to think of it, I have done fan art, I once wrote a whole Sonic comic!)

The games I've played more than once? While normally I don't replay games that often, there some that keep "plaguing" me with random problems or just because. Now, I can't tell you how many times I've played through Sonic 3 (and Kunckles), since I've been practically playing it for almost as long as I can remember. Now the most (that I can remember), I've played a game that wasn't sonic related was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for about three times (I swear.... that game has given me more grief than I would like).

Actually... my walls are covered with sonic (amongst other things), and I bet most (sensible) gamers would want to work on a game in the videogame industry, so I wish you the best of luck in you making your hope a reality. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:16 pm
s**t, WoW might overtake starcraft for most time.  

nitnit
Captain

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 pm
FFTA is much more of a challenge in my opinion the the sequal that just came out.I must have sunk over 900+ hours into that gameX3 but they are both rather enjoyable.I don't play most games that don't take away atleast 50 hours of my time.Disgaea is good for that too.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:56 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
FFTA is much more of a challenge in my opinion the the sequal that just came out.I must have sunk over 900+ hours into that gameX3 but they are both rather enjoyable.I don't play most games that don't take away atleast 50 hours of my time.Disgaea is good for that too.

There's no multiplayer in the sequel so I have zero drive to play it =(  

Pay Per Cuts

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:07 pm
I found the multiplayer to be lacking in it anyway.Most people play certain games soley for multiplayer but I actually prefer single player*ish not gewd with people*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:23 pm
FFTA might be more of a challenge, agreed (but I can't be sure until I play it), but people are supposedly liking the story better in FFTA2. sweatdrop  

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:28 pm
The main characters sure are a hell of alot better anyways.I haven't found the story to be the best though.But the new race ,the gria,are awesome.(they can fly over monsters and reach any terrain)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:42 pm
FFTA was so easy mode... don't get me wrong, it's a very fun game. But an extremely easy one. Like, compared to FFT... FFTA is really easy.  

nitnit
Captain

Psychoace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 am
* I play games every every day gotta keep my fighting game scene up to date.

* I played brawl for 14 hours straight the day it came out, so yeah i've been known to play games for hours on ends, I think I normally play about 3 to 6 hours a day depending on the day and game.

I will be attending Digipen sometime in the near future, if you don't know what that is its where all the major Nintendo programmers/designers/artists come from. They have an arcade in their lunch room so my gaming times will probably only increase.

*I collect rare games and games in general and consoles. List:
Atari 2600
Virtua lboy
gameboy color
gameboy advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo
Super Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Sega Saturn
Playstation
Playstation II
Nintendo 64
Nintendo Gamecube
Sega dreamcast
Nintendo Wii
I used to have a Sega game gear
I won't bore you with the list of games

*My room is pretty much dedicated to video games. posters/standups/dolls/action figures/drawings/etc.

*I love finding hardlocks and softlocks in games. You designers/programmers should know what i'm talking about.

*I've programmed a hangman game and random unnamed rpg in java but that was long ago.

* I have attempted to beat the world record for beating all zelda games
So far my best time on a final boss is probably ganondorf from OoT at around 26 seconds I think.

* As for memory cards I think I have 7 or 8 including my two sd cards.

* I like to draw characters as well as turn music from games into more metal variations.

* My brothers been taking me to gaming events ever since I was old enough to walk up until I was about 10 then I started going by other ways and then eventually by myself.

* I aspire to one day make it to the super bowl of gaming that is E3.

* The games i've probably spent the most time on are Super smash bros. melee, Sonic Adventure II battle, F-zero GX, and super street fighter II, and pokemon gold (I played gold so much that I can no longer play it as the battery is dead).

* I turned pro in melee in 2006 at MLG Dallas, and am still semi-pro in street fighter, and marvel vs. capcom II.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:54 am
The only thing I play every day is Rock Band really. I play Brawl every weekend my friends come over and occasionally Pokemon battle (though I used to battle like 3 times a day).  

PhoenixBlade983

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:48 am
nitnit
FFTA was so easy mode... don't get me wrong, it's a very fun game. But an extremely easy one. Like, compared to FFT... FFTA is really easy.
I haven't played the original tactics so I can't compare the 2 but I do agree that FFTA was easy.That didn't stop it from being enjoyable though.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:02 am
User Image

Refusing to do my two loves: eating and sleeping.

But that only occured when I was playing Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario. Recently, I've been staying up 'till midnight just to play Pokemon.
I've also been thinking about becoming a videogame artist (or something similar), but I'm still doubtful about it. At least it's something to think about.
I'm a bum. sweatdrop
User Image

Mezzo_Forte

JunkKirby

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:47 pm
* I have to play games every day, sadly. Recently it's been Rock Band and Battlefield: Bad Company

* I can play for hours on end if I have nothing else to do. The longest I've ever played on one game at one time was 12 hours, starting at 7pm. That was on Golden Sun 2, from about the mid-point to the end. I promptly fell to sleep during the credits.

* I have yet to buy more than the essentials for any of my consoles, although I did buy a new router recently because I had problems with X-Box Live, but we needed a new one anyway

* I currently have three game magazines: GameInformer, PC Gamer, and OXM. All of which I have read each issue at least twice

* I have faked being sick a couple times during middle school just to play video games, both times right after the day I got a good RPG

* I collect desktop wallpapers for every game I purchase. Right now my collection runs to about 40

* I always do research before buying any game, and rarely buy just because it's in a specific series. Although I will break that trend with Kirby Super Star Deluxe for the DS 3nodding

* No matter where it is, if there is a discussion about video games, I am almost required to join it.

* I am currently writing a short story loosely based off of Final Fantasy Tactics. I say loosely because the only things I'm really drawing from it are weapons and techniques

* The only thing I can draw well is Kirby. I wish I was kidding here sweatdrop

* I read 6 webcomics, all video game based. They are VG Cats, Fanboys, Awkward Zombie, Ctrl+Alt+Del, Pokemon-X and 8-Bit Theater  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:12 pm
* I play games almost everyday. If shoddy and random browser games count, then I play almost all day.
* When I do get off my computer and actually play a console game, I'll play for at least 5 hours.
* I'm on game related forums all day but only the games I discuss once in a great while.
*I have only called in sick to work once because of a game. That being, the midnight release of Brawl.
* I have had 9 memory cards at one point. 6 of which were animal crossing cards people used to give me because "YO THIS GAME IS FOR FAGS."
* I don't hang posters on my wall, have a game theme desktop, where gaming shirts, etc.
* My grades/work always suffer because of apathy. Different games are always a contributor.
* I never rent games. I buy them outright and live with the consequences if I choose a sucky game (fortunately, this does not happen often)
* I join forums just to talk about games.
* If I ever have kids, I will name them after my favorite presidents. The triplets Lincoln, Taft, and Nixon will rule this world.
* I have never done fan fiction and rarely read it. When I do, I almost always regret it.

So yeah, I'm not really obsessed. Though, those close to me will disagree.  

Jonnnn

Drake_XIV

Malevolent Duelist

5,850 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • PvP 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:40 pm
I haven't played a game for over 250 hours, but counting all the games I've played and replayed, I've probably done 750+ hrs.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff