Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Nintendo Gaming
GameSpot:Wii 2? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TacitBlue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:44 pm
nitnit
Uhh the wii has a harddrive...

If you're refering to it's secondary memory resevoir, technically not. What the Wii does have is a flash drive, similar to SD cards but internal. It's easier to manufacture, lasts longer, and has higher banwidth, but can only carry a fraction of data a hardrive can. This limited data space is the main reason why an actual hardrive has been demanded for the Wii.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:49 pm
It seems to carry all of the memory I need so far... (which happens to be a couple save files, and defend your castle lol )  

nitnit
Captain

TacitBlue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:56 pm
Tr0n714
Michael RD
Well,actually,I found something at GameSpot that said that the new next-gen consoles won't come out till 2012.Here's a link

im happy someone pointed that before i had the chance too or else i would of went on a rant about technology and how the console cycle is gonna change xD

well... i say nintendo needs a new console. at least just a Wii 2.0 with HD graphics. Sony doesnt need a new damn console til 2018. i mean all that power in that black george foreman grill is pretty crazy. they havent even touched their potential with their machine yet. As for Microsoft and my pride and joy cosole... i say we get a semi new cosole this fall!!! brand new interface and more stuff on Live this fall update?!?! OMG NERDY ORGASM IN THE PANTS!!! ninja

and the whole Brawl thing about easy graphics and what not, well i dont think thats true. My gf had to send her wii back to nintendo to get a update on the driver and stuff cause it couldnt read the disk. she was one of the lucky ones who beat 1000s of ppl to get her hands on the newest nintendo product.

That problem with Brawl as I remember was not in software or system resources, but was an issue with the disk reader; I believe it had to do with it getting dirty and having problems reading two-layer disks such as Brawl's. And even if it was driver related that would possibly be classified as part of the Wii's firmware, which could easily be solved in an online update if so.

Also the Wii's successor coming soon would upset a lot of people; nearly half the nex-gen console market, including myself. With it's success Nintendo has no need for an HD system, and neither do I. Of course something can be said for all the periferals that have been made confused , but individualy aren't nearly as expensive as a full-blown console.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 am
It really was the driver, i guess somewhere down the line they updated. This is strait from tech support too! If i can get in her dad's email id give you the email as well. but the driver needed to be replaced due to being outdated. it wounds wierd and fishy but thats teh story they force fed us and making her wait 2 months to play Brawl.

As for the Nintendo's new console that 'should' release even though their havent been any announcements yet. They arnt going to kill the Wii's production or stop making games for it. why would nintendo kill their cash cow? or any third crappy parties cash cow? i see they gave more peripherals and stuff like a mic and the new Motionplus and are pushing deves to use the motionplus. but as for a new console. id like nintendo to make one and my gf would want me to buy one once we live together xP  

Tron714
Vice Captain

TacitBlue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:50 am
Tr0n714
It really was the driver, i guess somewhere down the line they updated. This is strait from tech support too! If i can get in her dad's email id give you the email as well. but the driver needed to be replaced due to being outdated. it wounds wierd and fishy but thats teh story they force fed us and making her wait 2 months to play Brawl.

As for the Nintendo's new console that 'should' release even though their havent been any announcements yet. They arnt going to kill the Wii's production or stop making games for it. why would nintendo kill their cash cow? or any third crappy parties cash cow? i see they gave more peripherals and stuff like a mic and the new Motionplus and are pushing deves to use the motionplus. but as for a new console. id like nintendo to make one and my gf would want me to buy one once we live together xP

I guess we simply dissagree there. In my opinion, if a new console was to be made by nintendo most developers that already work on the Wii will shift work to that console instead, meaning gamers, including myself, will have to buy yet another system. As for motionplus and others, it may be considered as a 'compromise' between our two ideas, but Nintendo will have to emphasize their use in order to make it happen, and may even have to release an additional SKU that has these peripherals in package. I'd be alright with that, as older Wii's could be 'upgraded,' but is not as integrated as a full blown new system.

As for the situation in brawl, if this is true I am curious about this. It is possible its unstable online service may have to do with these problems.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:12 pm
Some while ago 1up.com made mention that Nintendo was also developing an eventual successor to the DS. And the DS is the only system on the market that actually outsells the Wii.

I think it's safe to say that Nintendo has no intentions of replacing either the DS or Wii anytime soon. They're just planning for the future. After all, we know that Sony and Microsoft have plans for eventual successors to the PS3 and Xbox360 too.  

Ten of Hearts

Tron714
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:05 am
Ten of Hearts
Some while ago 1up.com made mention that Nintendo was also developing an eventual successor to the DS. And the DS is the only system on the market that actually outsells the Wii.

I think it's safe to say that Nintendo has no intentions of replacing either the DS or Wii anytime soon. They're just planning for the future. After all, we know that Sony and Microsoft have plans for eventual successors to the PS3 and Xbox360 too.

i think what you are talking about there is the rumor of a newer DS. its rumored that nintendo is gonna take out the GBA slot of the DS and just play DS games. they are gonna thin it out to half the size of the Lite and increase the screen size ninja  
Nintendo Gaming

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff