Welcome to Gaia! ::

T3h Movie World - Watch Movies / RP / Chat / Games / Preview

Back to Guilds

Nice selection of Movies, good topics and an active friendly community. 

Tags: Movies, Entertainment, Anime, Disney, Action 

Reply Anime Movies and Manga titles.
Dub or Sub... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

w/c u like...
  Dub
  Sub
View Results

Quack Quack Mutherducker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:24 pm
sub all the way. The voice acting for all the english dubs suck.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:36 pm
well.........there are a few out there that are decent, not all of them are bad  

Kyoyin

GilAskan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:05 am
In my experience...

Good anime get good dubs. There are a handful of exceptions, particularly in the case of older anime. But nonetheless, if there's a bad dub, it's probably for a bad series.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:42 am
i think i get what you mean that makes sense  

Kyoyin

XxNecronomSlayerxX

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:09 pm
I'm going to have to say dub becausei really don't fell like reading the subtitles. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:06 am
i see where your coming from but i still like subs more cause 1) that means the series is going faster there then america and 2) it sounds almost natural for the characters to have that voice  

Kyoyin

GilAskan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:29 pm
Kyoyin
2) it sounds almost natural for the characters to have that voice

For me, this largely depends on the themes of a series.

For example, I really can't enjoy watching Big O in Japanese. Why? Because it takes place in post-apocalyptic New York, the backgrounds are all filled with English-language signs, and the characters are all white-Americans with European names (Roger Smith, Dorothy Wainwright, etc.). Likewise, I have a hard time watching "Emma" in Japanese. It's an anime that takes place in Victorian London.

Then again, certain distinctly Japanese series and films (Samurai X, Spirited Away, Cromartie High) I have difficulty watching in English because they clearly take place in Japan and are about Japanese characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:51 am
But wouldn't you like to understand what they are saying instead of reading the subtitles  

XxNecronomSlayerxX

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100

Art_Lover_666

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:05 pm
i like both it depends on the anime  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:05 am
sub ninja  

nadinedead

Ruthless Smoker

Okami no Imoto

Precious Wolf

10,575 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Timid 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:35 pm
I can live with sub, but I like dub the best  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:05 pm
i like em both, as in at the same time. so i can hear it and read it to make sure i get the words right. individually, i like subs because you can hear the original voices (good examples: naruto, fruits basket, get backers) then i do like dubs just for the fact that it doesn't take as much effort to watch the show, and you can actually see the anime instead of having to read the words. -and some english voice overs can do high pitch ex: air- (good examples of dubs: full metal alchemist, bleach, death note)  

Artist-Kiarimi

Pink perfume tea

Friendly Survivor

11,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:06 am
Well I like dubs because 1: they're in your native language
2: because some anime has really good dubbing when sometimes the original can kinda bad acting.

I like dubs more cause sometimes the subs can go way to fast and you have to read each and every word in the sub to get what is going on, but some subs I will watch is Naruto, a little bit of bleach and that's all I can think of right now but dubs I will watch are Higurashi: When they Cry, (( a REALLY good anime if you like horror)) Naruto, Bleach, GTO aka Great Teacher Onizuka, Desendents of Darkness, Elfin Lied, Get backers, Full metal Alchemist, Full metal Panic and Full metal Panic Famofuu, Lucky star,D.N.Angel, for some strange reason Uncut Yugioh lol, Wolfs Rain, Cow boy bepop, Samurai Camploo, Ghost in the shell,Pre tear, Princess Tutu, Sailor moon, hellsing and a heck of allot to go cause I"m a proud otaku and not the otaku that lives in his mothers basement and reads hentai all day.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:40 am
I like both the same sweatdrop  

Speedira

XxRyuunosukexX

Distinct Explorer

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:56 pm
I'm used to subs so it really doesnt matter, but the best dub for me would be the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya  
Anime Movies and Manga titles.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff