Welcome to Gaia! ::

~*The Surreal Sanctuary*~

Back to Guilds

This guild is a safe haven for the literate of Gaia. It is a hang-out where otakus, writers, readers, artists, and musicians can have fun. 

Tags: anime, roleplay, writer, books, gold 

Reply •-Album of Ancient Memories-•
Colour-Coded [Post-Apocalyptic][Accepting] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:18 pm
[OOC] Virg knew you guys were there, there's was just A MASSIVE SECURITY BREACH THAT NEEDED TO BE DEALT WITH.[/OOC]

Pleased with his handiwork, Virgil turned his head when Kaslin asked him: "Um, Virg, How are we gonna get out of here?"

Walking back to the food court to go greet the people he saw walking to the food court as he went to go fix the entrance, he explained, "The car's leaned inwards, and easy to push. Because it's leaning inward, it's not like the infected are suddenly gonna learn how to topple things over that requires them to jump and grab."

Then he heard one of the newcomers say, in between bites and chewing, "You didn't have to do that. I was just about to fix it."

Watching his specific power being used, he saw a metal grate being formed. Feeling like giving out a sarcastic retort, Virgil shrugged and said, "I didn't know you could do that. How am I supposed to know you could make stuff float?"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:57 pm
((Oh I see, I guess that makes sense... except then my little teen wouldn't have a reason to spot her and sneak up behind, would it? Makes it more fun that way.
...And dear sweet mercy, I am an idiot. *bashes head into wall* How come I didn't know this before?))

These things were... crunchy then soft and chewy... salty and greasy. Chewing and munching thoughtfully on the pieces, the names of different flavours quickly came up through the recesses of ill-begotten memory. What failed to come up was why these things were desirable as food, they were horrid! (Of course, this might have been due to the fact that nausea was there in the first place.) The teen manfully swallowed the bite, but vowed never to touch that stuff again.
That was before the new gust of wind sprayed those yellow cut pieces all over the teen's pale legs and feet. Surprising and startling, the action quickly grew to annoyance. Did this boy have to use every opportunity to upset the air patterns just for his own satisfaction? First a splitting headache, and now spilled french fries all over.
The demonstration with the iron grate and the conversation between the two males did not even register. The thin brow twitched, the brown eyes narrowed in a glare, and the hands clutched tighter on the wood, trying not to bop him over the head. That did not stop the arms from slowly inching their way up into a striking position.  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 am
((Should I jump in? And how and when and...where? XD; wink )  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:00 am
[OOC]Told ya, You find an opening, and you can get in too. Remember, there's a huge mural that's pretty much all arrows pointing to a big red button for a pager system. I already explained how we can push the car out. It IS just a little import. Toyota Prius much?[/OOC]

Realizing that he had not eaten, but wasn't very hungry himself, Virgil strode behind the McZed's counter, and made himself a Frosty-rip-off-thing-a-ma-bob. grabbing a spoon, he began downing the ice cream, and returned to his newly found people.

Not that they were his people, specifically, but you know, it WAS his 'house'.

Wanting to learn the names of possible new residents, he went over to the guy floating things and the little one who accidentally spilled her fries, and asked them their names, "So, what do you guys call yourselves? And yes, I am Virgil. Pretty one over there is Kaslin."  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

SpunkyOtaku

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:46 am
((He didn't spill her fries, they blew onto her thank to Lukas's stunt with the burger.))

...That was right... this boy that had so graciously spread sickening food all over did not even have a name. One that was known anyway. The splintered wood weapon with the obtruding nails stopped halfway up. No, violence was not the answer, one needed self control. Self control, self control, deep breaths...

Brown eyes narrowed as they fixated onto the companion, waiting eagerly to pin a name onto him for vengeance sake. Well... some gratitude was probably required too, from stopping that monster nearly an hour ago. As soon as the nausea died down, and talking was actually a non painful option, this boy would get an earful either way.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Kaslin trailed behind everyone else as she returned to the food court, finishing off the last of her salty fries. She chucked the paper carton in the waste bin and cracked open the water she had left on the table. All the other food was in the hands of the newcomers. As she gulped it down, she listened interestedly as Virgil gave introductions. She smiled distractedly and gave a little wave. She didn't let the compliment go to her head, she was well aware it wasn't her own face, or her own body really. No, when she thought of pretty, the only face that came into her minds view was her mother's. She smiled again distractedly. Her mother had been approaching middle age, she had the crows feet where her eyes always crinkled with laughter, and long, sweeping blond hair. Kaslin strove to remember every detail, now that memories were all she had.

Suddenly, she felt a familiar tingling under her skin, something she had only expierenced a few times so far. It was usually accompanied by a face change. oh s**t, she thought, and then clapped her aging hands to her mouth, like she had said it outloud. After a second, it passed, and Kaslin looked around for a shiny surface. For one heart-stopping moment, she saw her mother standing in the hallway, staring at her. Then she realized that what she was seeing was her reflection. She examined herself curiously. She had never been old before. She was in her forties, by the looks of it. And she was her mum. Oh boy, I'm gonna need a psycologist if this keeps up.

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

Furyal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:44 pm
"Lukas. Dunno my last name. Was to young when my family transformed to remember it." He replied to Virgil's question about his name. "Fourteen years old and ability to control elements. So no, I don't really make them float.
"Whoa there, No Name. No need to get angry with me." Lukas had suddenly felt the wooden blank come up from behind him, but he didn't sense it going down. So he whirled around and sighed. He needed to get his 'sensing' skills up.
"So...... Do you think there might be more of us?" He asked Virgil, walking towards the cafeteria and taking a seat. "Or do you think we are the only survivors?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:45 pm
So it was Lucas- Luckas, Lukas, Luke-us? Who knew- that was his name. The eyes narrowed even more at the boy's sad attempt at placating before he gave up and turned his back open for the target. Oh it was tempting... but no, now was not the time for violence.

Lukas, thou shalt pay for this digression. the vengeance driven teen vowed mentally, not pausing to wonder exactly how the words came out so twisted and bizarre, even in the mind.

There was a change, a flash of dark then yellow, and vengeance seemed to not be so important anymore. Not when the girl, Kaslin, had changed in a matter of seconds. Where was once an athletic teen was a more matured, blond haired woman. Was that normal? It must have been. Humans apparently had all sorts of abilities. Still, curiosity drove the still very small and thankfully still very young teen to creep up next to a now older woman. One skinny finger daintily went to the thin lips thoughtfully as Kaslin considered herself.  

SpunkyOtaku

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:49 am
((They're all in the food court, right? I'll jump in now. wink ))

Marilla wandered around in utter shock, sort of in a daze. She had run away from her home for a few days by now, and she just found out, moments before, her special ability. No...no... she thought with sad eyes. I...I've been infected?! Was...was it from my parents? Or what? Marilla had no idea how or when she had been infected. But she assumed she was infecting, considering what happened earlier. She had leaned against one of the interior walls of the mall, and started to cry. She always longed to have adventure, but this wasn't how she imagined it to turn out to be. She couldn't believe her parents had turned into monsters! She was only fourteen, after all. Then... she didn't know how, but as she longed for comfort, she felt something nudge her head gently. Looking up, she had screamed out. It...it was a pegasus! Yes, a winged white horse. Then, as the horse sensed her fear, it had disappeared as quickly as it had come. And now, that was why Marilla was wandering around the mall aimlessly, in shock.

She walked into the Food Court, without knowing exactly where she was. Her eyes were still red from her tears, and her cheeks were flushed a hot red.

((There. xD Someone can bump into my character or approach my character now.))  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:29 am
[OOC]Fly in from the rooftops. Nice entrance.[/OOC]

So it's Lukas...and some little child without a name Virgil thought to himself.

Lukas, thou shalt pay for this digression.

Oh...Maybe I should call her 'Vengeful' or 'Spite'. He joked inwardly. Then saw Kaslin's changed appearance. "So that's her power..." Virgil said aloud, very softly as he viewed Kaslin grow about 20 years in the space of so many seconds.

And his attention was diverted when a winged horse appeared and dissappeared, leaving behind yet another teenaged girl. At least this time, the door stayed up. He thought to himself as he went to the girl and asked, "Let me guess, you're hungry too? You don't look like the Infected outside...sit down, and I'll get you something, 'k?" Not staying around to chat, he went inbehind and fired up the grille again, putting another patty on. Would she like fries with that? Probably not, considering the reactions of the others to the greasy stuff.  

Virgil Lifeson
Crew

Otulissa
Captain

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:06 am
((Hehe...xD Yay for the pegasus. xD; wink )

"Wh-what?!" Marilla stuttered. She was a bit shocked from seeing someone in the food court; she hadn't noticed anyone really, besides the pegasus. Marilla let out a long, heaving sigh; these people were not monsters. They were probably just like her. She wasn't sure about her powers yet, and she sunk down to the ground, leaning against a wall, and buried her face in her arms, with her knees pulled up by her chest. She cried as softly as she could, not wanting anyone to notice. Her tears dripped onto her old-fashioned buttoned-down blouse, and onto her black jeans. She hastily wiped her tears on her sleeve, and then decided to distract herself by re-tying her stained sneakers' frayed laces.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:02 pm
Hm... Kaslin's abilities included changing herself- her appearance, more specifically- Lukas could control different things, like wind and electricity and metal. This Virgil person, the boy with blue hair had not shown any abilities. Did he not have any? No, he probably just was not showing them.

"Let me guess, you're hungry too?"

Turning and looking revealed another human. Another girl, that had seemed to come in from nowhere. Well, deep thinking did tend to distract, so she must have walked in just a few minutes ago.
Or maybe... maybe her power included coming in and out unnoticed.
Curiosity now peaked, the teen crept up to the girl. She sunk down against a wall and curled up. Why was she doing that? There were no monsters here, she did not have to be afraid.

Maybe she's like me; maybe she's never seen another human before.

Well, they could not have her be afraid. No, she had to know that these were safe people. So, while she was tying her stained shoelaces, the teen carefully walked up in front. The teen was so short that the girl hunched over came all the way up to the hips. The teen lightly pat her head in an attempted comforting gesture and smiled encouragingly.

You don't have to be scared, we're safe.  

SpunkyOtaku

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:56 am

[Sadly, this article reminds me somewhat of the roleplay. Especially the bit about cramming people in the superdome and hoping the others survive. x]

Kaslin half listened to the conversation, storing names for later, but her mind was really in the past, dredging up memories that held too much emotion for her. She was also busy curiously checking herself out in a nearby shiny surface. It was a total surprise for her to find the tiny child right up next to her, looking at her. She attempted a smile, but was distracted by sudden movement in the shadows. She tried to make out whatever it was, but to her surprise, discovered her mother's eyesight wasn't as good as her own. But Virg could see the thing, person? apparantly, and went over and started talking to it, and then went to make some food. Even though she had just eaten, she felt she could eat more, but figured they should ration.

Then Kaslin, who was usually more astute, noticed the little child was gone from watching her, and had moved over towards the other person. Kas followed cautiously, hand straying for the baseball bat that wasn't there, it was propped against the wall she had just left behind. She shrugged and followed the little child anyway. Once she was closer, she could make out the features of the person, and was somehow not surprised to see it was another girl, teenager maybe. Then, the child walked over and put a hand on the girl's head, which brought a small smile to Kaslin's lips.

[I loved that last line Otaku]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:17 am
((Really? Thanks, I do too. But I love more the image of him/her patting Marilla on the head like a dog. Er, s/he means well, really.))  

SpunkyOtaku

Irishroseh
Crew

Aekea Athlete

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:19 am

[well yeah, I liked the whole thing really(: ]

•-Album of Ancient Memories-•

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers