Destructive-Kiwi
Vice Captain

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:53 pm
Hawaii is beautiful, the food.. Not so sure, I was only there for a couple of hours due to layover on the way to Samoa, I had family there so we hung out and went out to eat while waiting for the plane.. About 6 hours of complete weirdness. Not sure about their foods but I'm not quite sure if they're so different from Samoan foods.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:22 pm
Work,internet sleep. I don't have school anymore I graduated last semester so I should start building my portfolio so I can look for a job. I've looked but nothing pays what I want.  

hachi_ ateyou

Sephirob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:06 pm
Oh ho a short stay for D-kiwi =D Someday I need to make that trip...but who am I kidding, if I have the money, I know where I'm going...

And that sounds like how life generally works in the ways of jobs, Hachi... what kind of portfolio? An art portfolio? A writing folio? A business folio? a... erm... stocks folio? o,0  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:09 pm
Hmm....this guild isnt half bad at all. ^^ As for me, I'm fresh out of Job Corps, and starting college next month. And while I am waiting for that.......I am dieing of boredom. It is seriously killing meh. X_____x  

Kurobara Ninja

Destructive-Kiwi
Vice Captain

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:14 pm
Don't worry, I'm sure your not missing anything besides chop suey and roasted pig.. They tricked me into eating it and I had tasted it, such a weird taste but I almost puked when I saw the hove, one of the lil brothers finished it with no sympathy or anything that our uncle had a pig farm.
Oh yeah, if your a fan of bananas then your missing a few meals, I can't stand the stuff.. hhmmm.. Oh, I'm sure they have taro in Hawaii, there's something you can't get out here outside of the islands.

I wish I could die of boredom instead of racking my brains to finish this homework.. Ugh.. Almost done though! Just gotta remember that I like history.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:54 am
Sephirob
Oh ho a short stay for D-kiwi =D Someday I need to make that trip...but who am I kidding, if I have the money, I know where I'm going...

And that sounds like how life generally works in the ways of jobs, Hachi... what kind of portfolio? An art portfolio? A writing folio? A business folio? a... erm... stocks folio? o,0

Its my job portfolio so I can get a job as a pastry cook (for now). I have a lot of stuff its the matter if its good quality. I need to show my cake skills too sad .  

hachi_ ateyou

Sephirob

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:26 am
Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Cooking portfolio. *bows down* Thats awesome though, best of luck o,0 If I could do things over I'd be a chef...

And hooves and things yeah... not so appetizing. I'm not a pork fan. I like true red meats, sheep, cows and... I know I'll get flak for this, but hey, it's a staple meat in Korea, and the japanese eat it too, but horse as well. Nummy. =D  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:11 am
Cake skills, huh? Interesting, reminds me of the Food Network and how they have those cake contests.. I would upset when all that work would end up on the floor cause they can't keep balance or it's too heavy.. Anywho, I'll volunteer to be a tester. xp

My reason for going veggie kind of puts me on the outside of that gate for this.. >.< well.. unless it's free range.  

Destructive-Kiwi
Vice Captain

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200

hachi_ ateyou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:26 am
Sephirob
Wow, I didn't see that one coming. Cooking portfolio. *bows down* Thats awesome though, best of luck o,0 If I could do things over I'd be a chef...

And hooves and things yeah... not so appetizing. I'm not a pork fan. I like true red meats, sheep, cows and... I know I'll get flak for this, but hey, it's a staple meat in Korea, and the japanese eat it too, but horse as well. Nummy. =D

Horse yucks. sweatdrop I've had squid and that was really good. my family is very traditional so horse and sheep won't be on the menu. I cook chicken teriyoki (sp) every once and a while and my family all some how eat it cause there really picky. I hope your goal for an Asian Studies Degree is going well.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:00 pm
Thanks Hachi =D

It's proceeding... its going to be a bugger of a semester. I have to do a 50 pager for my directed readings class and a 25 pager for my Women in Asia class. And all the readings that go with it... But yeah...

Horse is good stuff. They are fond of serving it raw in Japan, its called basashimi. Really amazingly tasty. Most Korean style BBQ places also serve lots of horse meat. wink

But hey, so is squid. I luuuuuv Calamari!  

Sephirob

hachi_ ateyou

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:54 am
Sephirob
Thanks Hachi =D

It's proceeding... its going to be a bugger of a semester. I have to do a 50 pager for my directed readings class and a 25 pager for my Women in Asia class. And all the readings that go with it... But yeah...

Horse is good stuff. They are fond of serving it raw in Japan, its called basashimi. Really amazingly tasty. Most Korean style BBQ places also serve lots of horse meat. wink

But hey, so is squid. I luuuuuv Calamari!

I'm happy I don't want to be a teacher. All those teaching classes make you do suck huge papers.

The only thing that sucks with making a cake or something fancy that takes a while is that you spend say 12 hours on a wedding cake and its just going to be eaten anyway. In that sense it sucks. But its not a desk job. I'm probably going to try to find a job that deals more with pastries.

So wen you get done your degree your going to teach?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:39 am
Teach? *twitch* teach...?

Don't jinx it... I'd only want to teach at a college or University level for certain and even then its not high on my list of what I want to do for a career...

Truth be told I wouldn't mind being a musician or a writer or... even an artist... though I don't think that last one is very viable... unless I get working on a manga oh my own and spend a heckuva lot more time drawing...

Ahem, technically I may work for the government in the state department, hopefully something to do directly with Japan... I'm just going through the school motions cause the chance has been there to get scholarships and such and keep going. I dunno rightly what I shall do once I'm out >,< I hope by the time I am the economy is up a bit...  

Sephirob

despisd

3,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:19 pm
Sephirob

Are we talking about dogs and cats? IS THAT TRUE, oh mai...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:37 pm
Which brings me to a nice little question, what's the weirdest thing you have ever eatin?  

Destructive-Kiwi
Vice Captain

Dapper Gekko

8,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Sephirob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:40 pm
Rattle snake, alligator, shark, haggis, sea urchin, sea snake ... horse... and... whale...

I wish I could say Javanese Bat, but that one I have not had the chance for... wink But it's one of the wildest I can think of. Especially if you know the cooking procedure... >,< but that makes it rather... ew... as well.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff