Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:58 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
A folding stock holds no temptation for me, especially with that kind of price tag. I followed the link to "these guys do it professionally", and the only mods that tempted me were the molded foregrip, which looked like a ten-minute replacement deal, and the MP5-style sights.

Ah ok then. No kind of folding stock at all?

Like I said, I didn't like that tube frame stock.

The original Saiga 12 folding stock looks a lot better. It's actually what I was hoping to find.

Do you agree?
In this case, yes. I doubt I'd ever fold the stock, but it's a solid-frame stock, and the pistol grip is a nice use. If I could find one that was like that stock, I'd do it, but it's not worth doubling the price of the gun to me.

Yeah I suppose. Probably in the future they'll have those kinds of stocks available.
Hmm, nvm. I guess they used both stocks.

They said that they used this kind of folding stock as well.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I found two other kinds of stocks for any Saiga model on eBay. Neither requires gunsmithing.

Ah excellent.
I like the cheek rest one but the collapsing stocks I never like.
I'm rethinking the whole .410 thing. The magazines are only available in 4-round, which totally defeats the purpose of a detachable magazine. I mean, seriously, 4 rounds? I could get more than that in a tube!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:31 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
In this case, yes. I doubt I'd ever fold the stock, but it's a solid-frame stock, and the pistol grip is a nice use. If I could find one that was like that stock, I'd do it, but it's not worth doubling the price of the gun to me.

Yeah I suppose. Probably in the future they'll have those kinds of stocks available.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I found two other kinds of stocks for any Saiga model on eBay. Neither requires gunsmithing.

Ah excellent.
I'm rethinking the whole .410 thing. The magazines are only available in 4-round, which totally defeats the purpose of a detachable magazine. I mean, seriously, 4 rounds? I could get more than that in a tube!

Hmm, alright. So what are you thinking then?
Changing to 12 gauge, or a completely different firearm?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:38 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

Ah excellent.

Hmm, alright. So what are you thinking then?
Changing to 12 gauge, or a completely different firearm?
I don't know. I've always been drawn to the Knoxx Sidewinder, but paying $600 beyond the price of a Mossberg 500 and never being able to find a replacement magazine isn't too appealing to me. I'd like something 20 gauge or less in semi-auto with a detachable magazine, but I don't know what kind of choices that gives me.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:20 am
http://www.mdarms.com/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=1714

Problem added? $215.
I almost s**t a brick.

Hmm.
Stock Mossberg 500 Cruiser ~$350
... with epic cool 10 rnd drum modification... $600 more?

... Saiga 12 (commercial hunting version ) $575
Saiga 12 'AK type' $750

TWENTY round drum $215.

???

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=108101007

OMG! HK front and rear sights. I love those types of sights.
And I'm sure that with that stock you could, with a but of experience, attach a nice cheek rest.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 am
OberFeldwebel

Problem added? $215.
I almost s**t a brick.

Hmm.

Saiga 12 'AK type' $750

TWENTY round drum $215.

???

And I'm sure that with that stock you could, with a but of experience, attach a nice cheek rest.
It looks like nobody cares about .410 enough to make a decent mag-fed version of it. Hell, by now I'd be happy to find a .410 autoloader that I could put a decent set of sights on.

I could do the Mossy 500+Sidewinder thing, but if I ever want a second magazine, I'll have to scour the intarwebs for weeks. Besides that, pump isn't really what I'm looking for.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:16 am
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Problem added? $215.
I almost s**t a brick.

Hmm.

Saiga 12 'AK type' $750

TWENTY round drum $215.

???

It looks like nobody cares about .410 enough to make a decent mag-fed version of it. Hell, by now I'd be happy to find a .410 autoloader that I could put a decent set of sights on.

I could do the Mossy 500+Sidewinder thing, but if I ever want a second magazine, I'll have to scour the intarwebs for weeks. Besides that, pump isn't really what I'm looking for.

Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure with some mechanics work they could make a higher capacity drum mag for the .410. Maybe 25-30 rounds?

But then again any .410 that I've ever wanted would be an over under .410/ 22 magnum. Most likely a Savage arms.

Can't they do the same Sidewinder package on a semi auto?
I mean, don't they all load the same way?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel

Problem added? $215.
I almost s**t a brick.

Hmm.

Saiga 12 'AK type' $750

TWENTY round drum $215.

???

Yeah that's too bad. I'm sure with some mechanics work they could make a higher capacity drum mag for the .410. Maybe 25-30 rounds?

But then again any .410 that I've ever wanted would be an over under .410/ 22 magnum. Most likely a Savage arms.

Can't they do the same Sidewinder package on a semi auto?
I mean, don't they all load the same way?
You'd think so, but it seems like the .410 is a rare round to find a gun chambered for. Hell, it's hard enough finding a shotgun that takes magazines. So far I've found the Saiga and some bullshit Norinco thing for $100, but it still only has a 4 round magazine, and most of them consistently fail to eject.

The Sidewinder was discontinued a few years back, that's why it's so rare. Most people got it with one drum and let it be at that, so now it's almost impossible to find replacement magazines. It was made for the Mossberg 500 only, and came with the pump system installed. They considered making it for the Remington 870 before they discontinued it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:39 pm
Well that blows.  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:16 pm
Just found an AR-15 style .410. 10 round magazine, semi-auto, 20"...

Sold only in Turkey and the UK. ********.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:26 pm
Fresnel

Sold only in Turkey and the UK. ******** class="clear">

... that would actually be kind of cool. That's saying a lot for me since I really don't like the AR style stuff.

And what the ******** kind of demand does the UK have for .410s? Especially on that sort of platform?

That's like marketing Xbox 360s to starving Pygmies.
Maybe these weapons are fail due to design flaws?  

OberFeldwebel

Fresnel
Crew

Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:04 am
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

... that would actually be kind of cool. That's saying a lot for me since I really don't like the AR style stuff.

And what the ******** kind of demand does the UK have for .410s? Especially on that sort of platform?

They were taken off the market for six months due to consistent failures to eject, but they've fixed the problem and now they've been released again. Here's a video. The best part? The only custom parts are the upper, the charging handle, and the bolt. That's a standard AR lower, and a single-stack magazine like you'd use for .50 Beowulf or Bushmaster .450. If only it didn't have a custom bolt...
Waaaaant crying

EDIT: Oh hell, the only custom parts on there are the barrel and the bolt. I'm almost tempted to try and build one myself. Almost. Maybe I could just import those two parts...?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:21 pm
Fresnel
OberFeldwebel
Fresnel

They were taken off the market for six months due to consistent failures to eject, but they've fixed the problem and now they've been released again. Here's a video. The best part? The only custom parts are the upper, the charging handle, and the bolt. That's a standard AR lower, and a single-stack magazine like you'd use for .50 Beowulf or Bushmaster .450. If only it didn't have a custom bolt...
Waaaaant crying

EDIT: Oh hell, the only custom parts on there are the barrel and the bolt. I'm almost tempted to try and build one myself. Almost. Maybe I could just import those two parts...?

10 round mags?
s**t, that's awesome.

They fixed the fail of the weapon? Sounds good.

I must agree I like this one, and again, for me that's saying a lot since I really don't like the AR. It doesn't fit me.

If I had a serious squirrel problem I'd get one of these, or perhaps a Saiga.
That is unless I found an epic of a deal for a .22/.410 over under before then.  

OberFeldwebel

Buying and Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces