Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Archives
GARCHOMP! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purrfectwerecat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:29 am
nitnit
Zephyr TruFeld
Jonnnn
Zephyr TruFeld
Honestly, I dont believe smogon has the right to judge that.

I mean,personnaly, I like smogon, And There website is very helful and such. BUT..

Im sick of hearing about them, thier not the leading authority on Pokemon,they cant just put Garchomp in Ubers.

Cause even if they do,Im not just going to stop using mine in wifi Battles because of them passing thier "judgement"

Smogon has every right to pass judgement on an issue on their website and their shoddy server. There are many tier lists, and you can use which ever you want. Smogon's is just thought of as the most accurate by most people.

Based on your logic, no one should have the authority of creating tiers.

@muleferdan - I'm not sure what your asking. If you explain a bit more we can help.

EDIT: Are you asking how to see the rank they were talking about? If so, find your name on the user list of the server and right click and hit "info" (or something to that affect). A screen should come up listing you rank in all the ladders. You want to be looking at the standard metagame and the suspect ladder stats.
Yeah,I see what you mean. but like you said,most people abide by smogons tier list.

Then find a more accurate tier list, or stop whining?

I dont really have anything thats actually strong unless I use the uber pokemon but really, I try not to, I just use my favorites, usually from a previous game. Id use Mew but Mew has pretty terrible stats anyway... XP I made an all eevee evolved team but it didnt do too well online.... Maybe just cause I like eevee doesnt mean it is the best choice XP or I just suck at training.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:01 am
purrfectwerecat
nitnit
Zephyr TruFeld
Jonnnn
Zephyr TruFeld

I mean,personnaly, I like smogon, And There website is very helful and such. BUT..

Im sick of hearing about them, thier not the leading authority on Pokemon,they cant just put Garchomp in Ubers.

Cause even if they do,Im not just going to stop using mine in wifi Battles because of them passing thier "judgement"

Smogon has every right to pass judgement on an issue on their website and their shoddy server. There are many tier lists, and you can use which ever you want. Smogon's is just thought of as the most accurate by most people.

@muleferdan - I'm not sure what your asking. If you explain a bit more we can help.

EDIT: Are you asking how to see the rank they were talking about? If so, find your name on the user list of the server and right click and hit "info" (or something to that affect). A screen should come up listing you rank in all the ladders. You want to be looking at the standard metagame and the suspect ladder stats.
Yeah,I see what you mean. but like you said,most people abide by smogons tier list.

I dont really have anything thats actually strong unless I use the uber pokemon but really, I try not to, I just use my favorites, usually from a previous game. Id use Mew but Mew has pretty terrible stats anyway... XP I made an all eevee evolved team but it didnt do too well online.... Maybe just cause I like eevee doesnt mean it is the best choice XP or I just suck at training.

Keep trying.

Go on smogon and marriland and look at the rmts to see whats popular. Then make a team that can counter those threats.
If you don't know what to use for movesets, use the analysis on smogon. They usually have the standards at the first set.
It takes a while to get used to what people are using and to know how and when to predict their next moves.  

Jonnnn

Zephyr TruFeld

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:37 am
nitnit
Zephyr TruFeld
Jonnnn
Zephyr TruFeld

I wasnt whining?

I already finished my point and ended it there.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:09 am
Damn this whole thread is pretty stupid.  

bani-mirl15

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:21 am
bani-mirl15

Which at that point, you just nod you're head and let those silly people do their silly things.

In anycase, I may have to try my team on shoddy and see how much more effective it becomes with Garchomp out of the way. (I may even stand a chance too. xd )  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:27 am
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Which at that point, you just nod you're head and let those silly people do their silly things.

In anycase, I may have to try my team on shoddy and see how much more effective it becomes with Garchomp out of the way. (I may even stand a chance too. xd )

Hell no.
I'm linking this to all my ebuddies so we can all get a laugh out of this.  

bani-mirl15

Chaotix Bluix
Crew

Eternal Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • That One Hero 500
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:35 am
bani-mirl15
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

Excellent then! Then the thread has in a way served it's purpose. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:13 pm
bani-mirl15
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

You have a sick sense of humour, and by sick, I meant in the context of malfunctioning.  

Shigeru the Hero

bani-mirl15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:50 pm
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

You have a sick sense of humour, and by sick, I meant in the context of malfunctioning.

A bunch of geeks arguing about a pokemon being banned from use in their own little language built around spending too much time with pokemon is hilarious.

If you can't laugh at this thread, then you're the one with a malfunctioning sense of humor.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 pm
bani-mirl15
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

A bunch of geeks arguing about a pokemon being banned from use in their own little language built around spending too much time with pokemon is hilarious.

If you can't laugh at this thread, then you're the one with a malfunctioning sense of humor.

Actually, the fact that someone would laugh at such trivial things thus proving that they are incredibly dense and immature, rather than humorous or better in any way, is quite amusing to me. No wait, it isn't, because morons like you seem to thrive in the 21st century with its more lax approach to stupidity and I've seen more than enough to make me sick (ill health this time, in case you were wondering).

You will reply to this with disregard simply because you seem to think that you are right in all ways possible, when in fact it is merely your oblivious attitude showing again.  

Shigeru the Hero

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:06 pm
Well, Shigeru beat me to the punch.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 pm
bani-mirl15
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

scrubscrubscrubscrub^over 9000

srsly though, if your ebuddies laugh over this I salute their ability to laugh over things that aren't even funny. If you want to see something funny see the nintendo sales thread for an argument that made no sense at all and had its topic changed like 3 times.  

nitnit
Captain

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:27 pm
Jonnnn

I just don't get how the ladders work.

I'm guessing its some sort of rating system... I haven't looked into it that hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:17 pm
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15
Chaotix Bluix
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

Actually, the fact that someone would laugh at such trivial things thus proving that they are incredibly dense and immature, rather than humorous or better in any way, is quite amusing to me. No wait, it isn't, because morons like you seem to thrive in the 21st century with its more lax approach to stupidity and I've seen more than enough to make me sick (ill health this time, in case you were wondering).

You will reply to this with disregard simply because you seem to think that you are right in all ways possible, when in fact it is merely your oblivious attitude showing again.

Taking a kids game, and dissecting it for hours on end does not make you smarter than anyone, so take your pretentious attitude and shove it.

Let me make this clear, you people, who are all probably towards the end of high school, are getting flustered about a website saying "no you can't do this" on a KID'S GAME.

Laughing at this thread does not make you immature, it makes you smart enough to realize that "Holy ******** these guys put way too much time into this game".  

bani-mirl15

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:54 pm
bani-mirl15
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15
Shigeru K
bani-mirl15

Hell no.

Taking a kids game, and dissecting it for hours on end does not make you smarter than anyone, so take your pretentious attitude and shove it.

Let me make this clear, you people, who are all probably towards the end of high school, are getting flustered about a website saying "no you can't do this" on a KID'S GAME.

Laughing at this thread does not make you immature, it makes you smart enough to realize that "Holy ******** these guys put way too much time into this game".

We're not the ones discussing this for hours. We are the people who just made a thread, in a video game guild mind you, about this change in a popular video game, which despite what you think, is played by all ages still.

By the way, some one who is mature wouldn't find this funny. How old are you, like twelve?

EDIT: side note, why are you dressed like a woman?  
Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff