Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The Muslim Guild Of Gaia for everyone who wanto learn about Islam! Or for those muslims who wanto meet muslims. Or if u wanna have fun!!!! 

Tags: Muslim, Islam, Religion, Islamic, United 

Reply ☪)Islamic Discussion(☪
Is it haram to cry, hear musik, eat jelly, paint humans? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Voting gives gold, soo please make polls! (like me :P)
  Hællø! Blablablablabla!!!! <(^_^)>
View Results

Scarlett Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:52 pm
BeXlieXve
You're not allowed to marry someone you're in love with?

thats how i understood it ><  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm
Mini_Angel_1994

It's eventually your choice Ratri. As we said pre-marrige relationships are forbidden.

tsk tsk, social skills are going to suffer rolleyes seriously, it's one of many aspects of Islam I don't think I'll ever understand.

Mini_Angel_1994
So love songs make kind of emotions that eventually the person who listens to it, want to experience it and what so ever.

My gawd, are you a psychic that can predict exactly what kind of effect love songs are going to have on people??

I've always liked the beats. Some of teh lyrics were pretty cool. But it didn't make me want to go have mad passionate sex. sad

Mini_Angel_1994
But not to love them as in like I MUST GET MARRIED TO YOU!!
Um...most people aren't like that. And if they are...they're just plain strange.

Mini_Angel_1994
Everything is already written.

Which means that there are zillions of pathways that you could take through life. So many different futures that you aren't aware of, but only God. Yet it sounds like there is only one future that you seem pretty damn convinced that God has written out for you....

Mini_Angel_1994

By my reputation.

Mini_Angel_1994
by reputation. That's the way women get married in Islam.
I was kinda hoping love would be part of the equation...but it's kinda hard to love someone if you don't know them.
I was also hoping that personality was going to be a part too; I'd want a partner that was in synch with me. Not different. But if I can't get to know them for fear of 'getting around' or some gossip to my reputation, i must say, that is the saddest way I ever heard of a woman to get married.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Scarlett Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:00 pm
Ratri_Cat

Mini_Angel_1994
by reputation. That's the way women get married in Islam.
I was kinda hoping love would be part of the equation...but it's kinda hard to love someone if you don't know them.
I was also hoping that personality was going to be a part too; I'd want a partner that was in synch with me. Not different. But if I can't get to know them for fear of 'getting around' or some gossip to my reputation, i must say, that is the saddest way I ever heard of a woman to get married.

I have to agree with ratri on this,
a marriage without love means nothing...wither Alla (hope thats right) says you should marry so or so doesnt mean you cant pick for yourself.
I mean if i was in love with my muslim friend nothing would stop me from being with her unless she didnt want me to be with her.
sometime what the heart wants is more important then what someone or something tells you.

Not to sound like an a**,
but if you had to walk 30 miles on your hand to marry some would you do it...I wouldnt, especially if i didnt have feelings for the person i was doing it for.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:23 am
I mean, I understand that love isn't the only reason for people to get married.
There's financial stability, of course.
Some people think of marriage as more of an agreement than an emotional thing.

Like, my parents got married because, if my dad didn't marry my mom, my grandma would have sent her somewhere. I can't remember where.

But my parents had an unhappy marriage, because they hadn't gotten to know each other well enough beforehand. There were a lot of disagreements and trust issues.

So I think that you do need to get to know a person first.
At least as a friend. It doesn't mean you have to do anything sexual.
Just get to know the person.

But if you aren't even allowed to have relationships before marriage, I don't know how well you could get to know each other.

Much less whether you could fall in love.
And, if that's the case, I'm very sad for you.
Because being in love is amazing. I speak from experience.
I would hate to marry anyone except the person I love.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:02 am
I know, I'm not going to marry anyone if I don't love him!! But there are certain rules, Prophet Muhammad said when someone went to get engaged with a muslim girl, he said: look at her, maybe you won't love each other, or maybe you will. If the guy feels that I don't want her! It's his choice! And if the girl feels that she doesn't want him, it's also her choice. What I'm saying is, love but not in the out open. In other words, don't date! That's pretty much what I'm saying.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:46 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
I know, I'm not going to marry anyone if I don't love him!! But there are certain rules, Prophet Muhammad said when someone went to get engaged with a muslim girl, he said: look at her, maybe you won't love each other, or maybe you will. If the guy feels that I don't want her! It's his choice! And if the girl feels that she doesn't want him, it's also her choice. What I'm saying is, love but not in the out open. In other words, don't date! That's pretty much what I'm saying.

But how will you manage to fall in love if you can't be alone with that person? A lot of the things you need to talk about are things that people would be hesitant to say with someone else in the room. You can't build that trust if you can't share secrets or anything.  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Scarlett Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 pm
BeXlieXve
Mini_Angel_1994

But how will you manage to fall in love if you can't be alone with that person? A lot of the things you need to talk about are things that people would be hesitant to say with someone else in the room. You can't build that trust if you can't share secrets or anything.

thats exactly what i was going to say 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:31 am
BeXlieXve
Mini_Angel_1994

Secrets is a high stage of relationship. Let's take an example, Mary has someone who wants to propose, so her father is the one who is in charge of welcoming the guests, and know who they want, and what are their circumstances. So, in the first visit they will say who they want, and what the guy works as. So if Mary's family is ok with the guy's situation, and they asked about the guy and his reputation is good. They'll call them for another visit. In the second visit, Mary'll sit down, and she will talk to him, like, they're not going to sit with 1000000000000 miles in between. No, they're going to sit in the opposite of each other. And they'll discuss like, they're alone. In a corner of the room. And the old people will sit down in other part of the room, and talk like in different subject from the couple's one. It doesn't mean like they're going to listen for what the couple are saying. They're free to talk whatever they want, and May would tell him what she's looking in a guy, and whether she is ok or not in his situation, and he's going to tell her what he's looking for a girl and see if they match together or not. If not, then bye bye, but if the girl and the guy find that they can get along, there's another visit, they state clear in all wedding rules. And such and such. Then there's the engagement contract. A party, and congratulations to Marry.

I personally think that Islam's engagements are really interesting. Because when a guy comes to propose to the girl, he doesn't know her, but he will ask people about her, and they'll say whether she's a good or bad girl. That you will know whenever somebody is knocking on the door wanting to marry you, it's not because you're pretty. It's because your reputation between people is so good, that he wanted to ask you to merry him. You'll feel like you're a really important person.  

Mini_Angel_1994

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:23 pm
Note: The hadith I typed is not confirmed, please wait until I find the correct translation of it. Thanks alot!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:44 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
Note: The hadith I typed is not confirmed, please wait until I find the correct translation of it. Thanks alot!

Okay, then I'll wait before responding. 3nodding  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Mini_Angel_1994

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 am
Just consider I haven't typed it, again it's not confirmed, I'm not sure whether the translation is correct or not. I know the way we can say it in Arabic, but in English, I'm not sure. So, just respond based on my porposal story. Lol!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:33 pm
Mini_Angel_1994
Just consider I haven't typed it, again it's not confirmed, I'm not sure whether the translation is correct or not. I know the way we can say it in Arabic, but in English, I'm not sure. So, just respond based on my porposal story. Lol!
I wouldn't feel important if a guy was interested in me because of what people said about me from behind my back.

neutral

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Thou Exalted

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:38 pm
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994
I wouldn't feel important if a guy was interested in me because of what people said about me from behind my back.

neutral

Well yeah, because there's a possibility they can lie, But I dunno what family member would lie to the guy who's gonna marry their sister/Daughter/niece whichever. Unless there was some sort of trickery to keep their daughter from being married. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:01 pm
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994

neutral

Well yeah, because there's a possibility they can lie, But I dunno what family member would lie to the guy who's gonna marry their sister/Daughter/niece whichever. Unless there was some sort of trickery to keep their daughter from being married. xd

I think what Ratri was saying is that she'd rather be judged by her actions toward the boy than what people say about her to him.

And I have to agree with her. sweatdrop  

BubbleBerry Tea

Liberal Witch

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:44 pm
BeXlieXve
Haydar the Truthful
Ratri_Cat
Mini_Angel_1994

neutral

I think what Ratri was saying is that she'd rather be judged by her actions toward the boy than what people say about her to him.

And I have to agree with her. sweatdrop
thank you. that's what I was trying to say.  
☪)Islamic Discussion(☪

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff