Welcome to Gaia! ::

Geocaching Guild

Back to Guilds

A high tech treasure hunting game using handheld GPS units. 

Tags: geocaching, hiking, camping, treasure, adventure 

Reply Geocaching Guild
Introduce yourself Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh_Raving_Wulf_XD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 pm
Hey I'm Vince, and with my buddy jesse, are currently new geocachers. We need to find people to go with becuase it's hard looking just us two.
We are from Edmonton, Canada, and our teacher got us into geocaching, He is also the founder of the whole "Gingy" expedition.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:49 pm
Hey!!! I'm psyched to be part of this guild!!! My caching name is Teenogre, my mom and I have been caching together for a few years now and we are totaly obsessed. I'm from Oregon and am currently going to school at UBC in Vancouver, British Columbia.  

Hatshepsut Queen of Egypt

shuuichi_san25

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:58 am
Hi all, I'm shuuichi-kun on geocaching.com.

I'm living in southern California now, but I frequently go north to visit friends, pack, and geocache of course. I'm one third of a team, but one of them isn't an official geocacher, and the other isn't a gaian, so here I am.

I literally got my GPSr on thanksgiving, and I went out with my team the very next day. It's only been two weeks, but I've made a decent amount of progress in that time.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:17 am
Hello!
I'm Sarah (I go by Vesuvianite on the website), I'm 19 and from Connecticut.
I attend univeersity for Environmental Earth Sciences, an as a result, I am often outdoors researching an sampling rock outcrops and taking mock-water measurements.
(Which also means I'm out hiking and whatnot.)

I found a post about geocaching in the Chatterbox, actually, which made me curious...I had never heard of it before!
So I looked it up, did some research...and discovered that it's something I'd really like to do!
Even better, my boyfriend said he'd be all for it, too.

We haven't gone out yet, due to lack of free time, but plan to shortly.
Have to figure out the GPS unit thing though...

Chantilly Bunny

Beloved Bunny

16,075 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Merily

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:36 pm
Hiya! I'm Meri- I'm 26 and from the Philly suburbs. My geocaching.com username is "Taurandirath" (it means "forest wanderers"; I'll be geocaching with my dad and my fiance, and all three of us are huge Tolkien fans, so it was appropriate).

Besides Tolkien, I love fantasy, Dungeons and Dragons, renfaires, cosplaying/costumes (so far all mine are literary characters), video games, art (I'm an artist- I crochet, spin yarn, make jewelry and chainmaille, sculpt, and sometimes sew, paint, and draw), and literature (I have a BA in English and I'm hoping to start grad school in the near future; my dream is to become a professor of early British literature). Yup, I'm a geek.

I saw an article in the local paper recently about geocaching and it looked like so much fun (I loved treasure hunts and the like as a kid and I still enjoy the outdoors and puzzles) that I started doing a *lot* of research on it, as well as letterboxing which I also just learned about (I have an account on letterboxing.org and atlasquest.com with the same Taurandirath username). I haven't had a chance to go out looking for caches and letterboxes yet, but I'm hoping to this week. To start I'll be borrowing my mom's or my fiance's dad's car GPS systems (I think both have pedestrian modes), but I'm hoping I get my own outdoor one for my birthday this summer. wink

One of my best friends and I started up a blog where we're going to post about our outdoor adventures- feel free to follow it. smile She's the adventurer on the West Coast, and I'm over here on the East; maybe someday we'll meet in the middle, lol.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:58 pm
'Allo all.
Name's Arianna, username litefoot13 on gc.com.
I'm living in the Maryland area for around a year and am having a blast slowly tracking down some of the caches found here.
My main hobby is art, I draw as much as I can. I also crochet, knit, write, dabble in clay, and make friendship bracelets. Along with a myriad number of other hobbies I only dabble in a little bit. ^^
One of my cousins geocaches...I heard about it because of her. Since we did not get a GPS until after we moved to Maryland, the handful of caches I found in Texas I found the hard way...gleaning information from clues and using googlemaps overhead photos. Ew.
It is much easier now with my Garmin. ^^

I go caching with my family (weatherstonzoocrew on gc.com). We're all novices, but hope to fix that real soon. *grins*
Right now I'm figuring out what to make for my signature items and talking my friends' ears off about how cool this is and trying to drag them out on the hunt with me. I'm plotting what I want to place for my first hide, but as I don't want to do something lame I'm taking my time.  

Arianna Lithenbourne

11,250 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Like Feliks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:08 pm
Hello !
Name's Sanda, but I usually go by Myrandya and sandina13 (in geocache). I'm 15 years old and I live in Latvia (Europe). My hobbies are drawing, writting (for hungry fangirls), playing video games aaaand geocaching.
I am very new to geocaching and I only have found 2 so far. I found them with my sister and her boyfriend. It was very fun and exciting ! On Saturday we plan to find all geocaches in the town I was born, Aluksne. There arent much (I think 5. Cant remember correctly...). I plan on making my own geocache in the village where I live that is only 8 km from Aluksne. I hope I have the strength to do so ! <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:35 am
hey you can call me ju308. i have been a geocacher for about a week and i love it.... i only found only 3 caches though. my geocaching.com username is jub308nladymedic  

jub308

5,050 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

renthsmjesse

6,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:59 am
my names renthsmjesse same on geocaching.com
i enjoy geocaching bowling and video games
i just started today
i already have battle scars though  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:22 pm
Hi! I'm n2myroots on geocaching.com. I'm from Kansas and have 195 finds. Started out the new year with my son & B-in-law getting those caches in the area that were too treacherous to find during tick season! I really enjoy this sport.  

Cheme83

10,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Enabler 100

GypsyAzumi

Beloved Vampire

5,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:05 pm
Hey everyone! I'm GypsyAzumi. I go by a different name on geocaching.com Sadly I haven't been able to go out in a while but I'm looking for a good cache near me to put 2 travel bugs in. I live in northern California.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:31 pm
Welcome aboard. I hope you hit the trails again soon.  

Esper Ranger
Captain

O.G. Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
Geocaching Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash